The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the location of the wedding for the whole thing. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding recently and we went through the process at a different location than the actual wedding. They would definitely be looking through the area to see where everything would be and go before hand, but I don’t see how that would get in the way of those working on the wedding.

And they wouldn’t necessarily need to take George and Charlotte out of school. They can have stand ins or just know that’s when the children will be walking in.
St George's isn't a basic church layout. You couldn't really rehearse anywhere else.

Have you seen the picture of Sophie and Edward rehearsing - she is in trousers with a sheet as a train. Terrific (sorry off topic)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-18-2017, 08:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
How Sophie practiced with a train is the same way its reputed that Diana did also. With sheets.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
St George's isn't a basic church layout. You couldn't really rehearse anywhere else.

Have you seen the picture of Sophie and Edward rehearsing - she is in trousers with a sheet as a train. Terrific (sorry off topic)
That’s why they have to walk through the church to see where to go. But the process of what comes first and second and after can be rehearsed else where. They can also set up seats for some members to sit where they would in the chapel.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:36 PM
Majesty

We are going to have to agree to disagree. This (if televised) will be watched by millions all over the world. Timing is crucial - there is no way I would want to do this without rehearsals in the building. Not a problem for H - he just has to stand there but for Meghan and her father, and attendants - she will want it to be perfect.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
We are going to have to agree to disagree. This (if televised) will be watched by millions all over the world. Timing is crucial - there is no way I would want to do this without rehearsals in the building. Not a problem for H - he just has to stand there but for Meghan and her father, and attendants - she will want it to be perfect.
Did Sophie do an entire rehearsal with all the attendants? This is hardly the first go around with weddings at St George’s.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Did Sophie do an entire rehearsal with all the attendants?
Sophie’s only attendants were four children and yes, from what I saw, she had rehearsals with them.

I’m also sure that royal weddings have more than one rehearsal and practice run. If nothing else the cameras would need to be set up and adjusted.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:39 PM
Courtier

I can't imagine that for an event that will be televised the world over, there wouldn't be a rehearsal beforehand.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan can practice at KP walking with sheets but absolutely a rehearsal!
Old 12-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Aristocracy

I agree that they will have to practice at St George's. I think they will take the kids out of school. They are so young it is hardly at a crucial exam time or anything! Uncle Harry is getting hitched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Meghan can practice at KP walking with sheets but absolutely a rehearsal!
In the privacy of home, why not practice in the actual dress? The sheets thing is only so nobody sees the bridal gown.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

I would definitely take the kids out of school! I would want them to be prepared as much as possible for this day.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
In the privacy of home, why not practice in the actual dress? The sheets thing is only so nobody sees the bridal gown.
So Harry wouldn’t come in unexpected and accidentally see it?
Old 12-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So Harry wouldn’t come in unexpected and accidentally see it?
I'm sure she can arrange for him to go out.

OT but when I worked in bridal, one bride brought her fiancé and insisted he help choose her dress, said she couldn't imagine it not being a joint decision! The only one in the whole 18 months I worked there!!
Old 12-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don’t mean in Nott Cott. I mean someplace in KP where she can practice walking and if she chooses, sure she could have on her dress. I’m sure there is a long hall somewhere in there.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm sure she can arrange for him to go out.

OT but when I worked in bridal, one bride brought her fiancé and insisted he help choose her dress, said she couldn't imagine it not being a joint decision! The only one in the whole 18 months I worked there!!
I know some cultures don’t see it as bad luck. In fact, some have photos taken before the wedding and have them displayed at weddings.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

I’ve never heard of that jacqui24 but to each their own.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

There is no way the not rehearsing that. I work events for a living and if there are camera there is a rehearsal. It doesn't necessarily mean Meghan will be there for all of it. In fact she likely wouldn't. She would do the basics like walk down the aisle in her shoes and have a basically play by play. That's it. The rest will be stands in for the production team. They will need to have time for the director to have a tech. It is a live event afterall.

As for whether she might have a bachelorette party or something? I could see it. I think she will want something with her girls before. It is a big thing here in America. I can't say what the UK customs are but I think there will be a decent compromise.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Serene Highness

I hope she has all the fun girly stuff leading up to her big day. Who doesn’t want that!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

If she goes about it like she's been doing everything else it will be kept pretty quiet.

LaRae
Old 12-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness

Probably but they could throw a surprise at any one of the places where she been lying low
Old 12-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

William and Kate had a rehersal at the abbey on the 27th of April. So I would think that Meghan and Harry certainly will.

Where would she practice walking in the palace? Other then private apartments, they are working offices and spaces open to many people. Not a lot of privacy. And Notts cottage doesn't sound like it has much room to do so.

I hate comparing to Kate, but a hen party even at this level is possible. Kate had a low key night in with the girls. Something similar could be done for Meghan. Or possibly when back in the US as we know she will be.

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton has 'quiet night in with friends' for hen party | Daily Mail Online

Closed Thread