The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,382
I think the next time we see her will probably be at the lunch for the extended family at BP, I guess. I think it's on the 20th. Harry will probably drive them both in so we may see what she will be wearing, which will be good fun. I'm still looking forward to those official engagement photos though!
__________________

  #962  
Old 12-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
She's got a lot of work to do... guest lists, her gown, a rehearsal dinner gown/dress, a reception gown, shoes, accessories, florals for the wedding, royal lessons, protocol lessons, prep for her and Harry's tour of the UK, seeing family and friends in the US/Toronto before she becomes royal... it's a good thing she's already having her stuff moved for her...

Plus it's the holidays too.

It's in my nature to be a planner, so I would be freaking out right about now if I was Meghan. I consider 6 months to be almost no time at all to plan something this huge.

I actually just hyperventilated on Meghan's behalf.

Yes - she's got help, etc., but still - it's stressful. Plus she's moving at the same time, learning a whole new country... wow.

List maker and planner here! I've had my Christmas food list (things I'm making) done for a month and a list sitting waiting for the trip to the store!

I think that Meghan, knowing this is coming, already has lists and organized herself so she knows the stages. I'm guessing she is getting an assistant or still sharing Harry's.

She does her Yoga and evidently that helps her to destress and stay focused...and she's probably to busy for a meltdown!

LaRae
__________________

  #963  
Old 12-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 182
I'm still not convinced there will be a rehearsal dinner. It's just not something we do in the UK.
  #964  
Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
I'm still not convinced there will be a rehearsal dinner. It's just not something we do in the UK.


William didnít have a rehearsal dinner. The Middletons were at The Goring. William and Harry at Clarence House. The Queen hosted the foreign royals at a party at a hotel planned by her cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson.

The palace staff handles elaborate state dinners and large garden parties multiple times a year. They are experts at it. Meghan isnít doing everything herself. Itís basically I want this, this and this and it gets done.
  #965  
Old 12-18-2017, 02:06 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 7,602
May is a Spring month. Here are Springtime posy bouquets.
  #966  
Old 12-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
I'm still not convinced there will be a rehearsal dinner. It's just not something we do in the UK.
But she may want one. Perhaps some of her American friends will throw it. She will have a lot of out of town guests, actually the majority of her guests will be from out of town. Also Zara and Mike had a cocktail party held on a yacht the night before their wedding. So they may not call it a rehearsal dinner, but it's possible that they host something.
  #967  
Old 12-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,735
I believe the Queen hosted a ball at Buckingham Palace and there were fireworks the night before Charles married Diana (if I'm remembering right).

Perhaps not a rehearsal dinner per se, but some kind of a party or get together for people in town to celebrate the wedding.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #968  
Old 12-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
But she may want one. Perhaps some of her American friends will throw it. She will have a lot of out of town guests, actually the majority of her guests will be from out of town. Also Zara and Mike had a cocktail party held on a yacht the night before their wedding. So they may not call it a rehearsal dinner, but it's possible that they host something.
I assume that she already had all she wanted for her first marriage. Best to stick to British (royal) tradition for this one.

Hosting 'something' is of course not excluded.
  #969  
Old 12-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
I think they’ll have something for their inner circle. I remember the fireworks for Charles and Diana and seeing pics of Zara and Mike on yacht.
  #970  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
There will likely be something the night before. Lindsay Jill Roth also married in England, and she had a rehearsal dinner the night before where Meghan attended as maid of honor. The bridal party will likely have some kind of girls night or girls trip beforehand.
  #971  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I assume that she already had all she wanted for her first marriage. Best to stick to British (royal) tradition for this one.

Hosting 'something' is of course not excluded.
Except, there is no tradition barring it. And rehearsal dinner is for the bridal party and people that involved in the wedding to do a walk through as to what will happen next day, so that everyone knows what to expect. Not sure what does that have to do with it being her second marriage.
  #972  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The bridal party will likely have some kind of girls night or girls trip beforehand.
That sounds like a hen party lol. Can you imagine Meghan and her girlfriends going round Brighton in matching pink t-shirts with 'Meghan's Hen Party' emblazoned on them, and Meghan with a party shop veil and L plates? (Sorry I'm just being silly. You probably have to be British to understand that!)
  #973  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,735
That scenario would very much describe an American bachelorette party.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #974  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
That sounds like a hen party lol. Can you imagine Meghan and her girlfriends going round Brighton in matching pink t-shirts with 'Meghan's Hen Party' emblazoned on them, and Meghan with a party shop veil and L plates? (Sorry I'm just being silly. You probably have to be British to understand that!)
It is kind of like a hen party, but I imagine theyíd be more discreet. I think they went to Greece or something in 2016 for Lindsayís.
  #975  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 182
I can totally see a pre-wedding party, and of course there will be a rehearsal at St George's Chapel. So maybe they will call it a rehearsal dinner and she'll have a dress for that.

Has anyone heard any word yet on if Mr Markle is definitely walking his daughter down the aisle?
  #976  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:32 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
I can totally see a pre-wedding party, and of course there will be a rehearsal at St George's Chapel. So maybe they will call it a rehearsal dinner and she'll have a dress for that.

Has anyone heard any word yet on if Mr Markle is definitely walking his daughter down the aisle?

No and I've been kinda waiting to see if anything will be said about him doing that.


LaRae
  #977  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,735
I've pretty much thought it was an accepted fact that her father would walk her down the aisle for her wedding. As close as she is to her dad, I just can't imagine her having this grand, formal wedding without him.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #978  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:12 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
I understand that she may want a pre-wedding event for her friends but it wont be at Windsor Castle. They are busy organising the wedding. This is why the Queen hosted the O/S Royals before Williams wedding at an hotel rather than in Buckingham Palace.

Nor do I think it will be the day before - I say that based on the fact the wedding is not in London but in Windsor. Still have no idea where she is marrying from but it wont be London but somewhere loca (even the castle itself).

So perhaps mid week in London before going to Windsor.

Rehearsals are interesting because the Cambridges wont be taking George out of school for rehearsals so expect to see them in Windsor the weekend before and Friday pm
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #979  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post

Has anyone heard any word yet on if Mr Markle is definitely walking his daughter down the aisle?
I think if they are close enough for Harry to ask him for his blessing before proposing, then I think heís likely going to be there to walk her down the aisle.
  #980  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I understand that she may want a pre-wedding event for her friends but it wont be at Windsor Castle. They are busy organising the wedding. This is why the Queen hosted the O/S Royals before Williams wedding at an hotel rather than in Buckingham Palace.

Nor do I think it will be the day before - I say that based on the fact the wedding is not in London but in Windsor. Still have no idea where she is marrying from but it wont be London but somewhere loca (even the castle itself).

So perhaps mid week in London before going to Windsor.

Rehearsals are interesting because the Cambridges wont be taking George out of school for rehearsals so expect to see them in Windsor the weekend before and Friday pm
It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the location of the wedding for the whole thing. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding recently and we went through the process at a different location than the actual wedding. They would definitely be looking through the area to see where everything would be and go before hand, but I don’t see how that would get in the way of those working on the wedding.

And they wouldn’t necessarily need to take George and Charlotte out of school. They can have stand ins or just know that’s when the children will be walking in.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baptism biography british british royal family british royals camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hello! history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers luxembourg monarchist movements monarchists politics portugal prince harry queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech st edward swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×