Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see. I don't think the lack of bank holiday really matters, as Prince Andrew married at WA without one. I'm still partial to WA for Harry and Meghan but I kind of suspect it will be St George's. I would love to be wrong though! ?

The only reason I want it at WA is because I want the balcony kiss. And yes, I know St. George has the steps, but it’s not the same as a balcony kiss. However, if I was a betting person, my money is going to St. George’s. The reason is the PoW didn’t announce it’ll be in London in the announcement.

Wasn't there an official comment about how this was going to be a "non-traditional wedding?"

I think it might entail casual clothing and a big Windsor bash for families of military personnel ... something along those lines. Yes, something very different with a focus on charity or supporting the military or one of Diana's causes.

All the talk about non-traditional wedding has come from the media. Nothing in the PoW announcement or comments from today indicate the particulars.

Tomorrow BP is supposed to release the time and location of the wedding.

LaRae

The only reason I want it at WA is because I want the balcony kiss. And yes, I know St. George has the steps, but it’s not the same as a balcony kiss. However, if I was a betting person, my money is going to St. George’s. The reason is the PoW didn’t announce it’ll be in London in the announcement.

Yes, I noticed but perhaps that's because they hadn't yet decided on a location? The balcony kiss is the main reason I want a WA wedding as well. I'm prepared for St. George's but I'll hold out a little hope until it's confirmed.

Basically, the announcement from the Prince of Wales today was almost word for word identical to the one he issued when William and Kate got engaged. No particulars other than just the announcement that they are engaged was made.

We won't have to wait too long. In fact, I think I may forego a long winter's nap as I imagine the details will be released in the morning, London time.

I'm usually up around 5am. That makes it about 11 am London time...maybe I'll be up before the BP announcement!

LaRae

I think it will be St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.

But wouldn't it be fantastic with a Scottish wedding. Pre-wedding Ball att Stirling Castle, Wedding Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. Harry wearing a kilt and the drums and bagpipes are playing while Meghan enters the Church and they are leaving, followed by a cortege at the Royal Mile and a post-wedding lunch at Palace of Holyrood House....Yeah i know it won't happen but it would have been great.

Ah, that would be my ideal wedding for Harry and Meghan..........something different and out of the box and just for them......it won't happen because HM does not go there till later in the year, so London it is.....St. George's has my vote for it seems more comfortable and it is a bit smaller also.

The wedding should be at St. Paul's. Period.

Harry is very charismatic and marketable. Other than his grandmother, brother, paternal aunt, and paternal cousins removed (Alexandra and Marie-Christine) he is the most popular royal.

He deserves the spotlight of the decade, and in a time when Britain and the world is going through tensions and economic and social division like never seen before, it is time for some majestic world joy.

St. Paul's.

Basically, the announcement from the Prince of Wales today was almost word for word identical to the one he issued when William and Kate got engaged. No particulars other than just the announcement that they are engaged was made.

We won't have to wait too long. In fact, I think I may forego a long winter's nap as I imagine the details will be released in the morning, London time.

Actually William and Catherine's announcement said:
'The wedding will take place in the Spring or Summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Harry is very charismatic and marketable. Other than his grandmother, brother, paternal aunt, and paternal cousins removed (Alexandra and Marie-Christine) he is the most popular royal.

He deserves the spotlight of the decade, and in a time when Britain and the world is going through tensions and economic and social division like never seen before, it is time for some majestic world joy.

St. Paul's.

There is no way its going to be St. Paul's. The wedding will not be determined by popularity whatsoever. He will not ever have a bigger or grander wedding than his brother, who is the heir to the heir, did. William's wedding wasn't even a state wedding. Those are for monarchs and heirs only.

It will be a wonderfully, beautiful wedding and done how the couple wish to do it.

St. Paul's.

Umm, marketable?

Popularity has nothing to do with it. And economics plays into to it the opposite way. Security costs would be higher with St Paul's. And the venue is too large anyway.

Actually William and Catherine's announcement said:
'The wedding will take place in the Spring or Summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Ah... gotcha. I must have missed that reading the announcement. Thanks.

Yes, I noticed but perhaps that's because they hadn't yet decided on a location? The balcony kiss is the main reason I want a WA wedding as well. I'm prepared for St. George's but I'll hold out a little hope until it's confirmed.

The wedding date etc for William and Catherine's wedding were also released a few days after the actual engagement, so I don't think how not having that as the focus today has a bearing with what will be happening. I have been counting on a May wedding at St George's... We'll see what they announce later this week.

I am quite sure the two of them and key people within the family and household already know the details but they just haven't been shared yet.

Last edited:
Looks like we are supposed to find out tomorrow about the time/place.

LaRae

Looks like we are supposed to find out tomorrow about the time/place.

LaRae

As they also thought the engagement announcement was to be on Friday, I'd like to keep the options open. Maybe tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, certainly in the next few days ;) (fot that I go by the timeline of W&C)

I am quite sure the two of them and key people within the family and household already know the details but they just haven't been shared yet.

Yeps. They've been getting their ducks in a row for a while already and its just now that them there ducks are starting to quack. :duckie::duckie::duckie::duckie:

As they also thought the engagement announcement was to be on Friday, I'd like to keep the options open. Maybe tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, certainly in the next few days ;) (fot that I go by the timeline of W&C)

This info came from Camilla T (interview she did today) and she's been pretty accurate on their story. But we'll know tomorrow if she's right or not!

LaRae

There was one big difference; in Wm and Kate's announcement, it said they would live in Wales after the marriage; in this one, it says Harry and Meghan will live in Nottingham Cottage. Not when.

I wish the couple well; they had an articulate and charming interview. I too think it will be St George's in May so it will be interesting to see.

Do you believe that some of Prince Philip's relatives from Germany will be invited?

There was one big difference; in Wm and Kate's announcement, it said they would live in Wales after the marriage; in this one, it says Harry and Meghan will live in Nottingham Cottage. Not when.

I wish the couple well; they had an articulate and charming interview. I too think it will be St George's in May so it will be interesting to see.

She already moved in...

The wedding date etc for William and Catherine's wedding were also released a few days after the actual engagement, so I don't think how not having that as the focus today has a bearing with what will be happening. I have been counting on a May wedding at St George's... We'll see what they announce later this week.

Oh, I don't necessarily disagree, although the focus here was on the location which we knew for Will and Kate the day they announced their engagement but we don't yet know for Harry and Meghan. Hence, my response.

They may have already had some idea but I wouldn't be surprised if certain things weren't set in stone, so to speak.

That’s likely because Meghan has already moved into Nottingham Cottage.

That’s likely because Meghan has already moved into Nottingham Cottage.

They even told us in the interview that they've been living there together. The two words "our cottage" kind of gave it away. ;)

I'm thinking Mia Tindall would make an adorable (if rambunctious) flower girl while Savannah and Isla Phillips would make lovely junior bridesmaids. Maybe Viscount Severn as a page boy? You could also have Robert and Rose Fellowes, the grandchildren of Baroness Fellowes, or Rosemary and Henry Hutt, the grandchildren of Lady McCorquodale. It would be a nice gesture to include some of the Spencer cousins in the bridal party.

And hopefully some kids on Meghan's side of the family. I really would be irritated to see a whole wedding and no representation from Meghan's side of the family other than her parents. She has young godchildren and cousins on her side.

Oh, I don't necessarily disagree, although the focus here was on the location which we knew for Will and Kate the day they announced their engagement but we don't yet know for Harry and Meghan. Hence, my response.

They may have already had some idea but I wouldn't be surprised if certain things weren't set in stone, so to speak.

However, weren't there still at least two options within London; or was it clear from the start that London meant Westminster Abbey (and not St Paul's)?

My main message was that not announcing the location today doesn't necessarily imply it will be St George's (nor that it will be the Abbey).

I'm putting the date as May 26th the last Saturday in May which is also the start of a 3 day weekend in America for Memorial Day.

Do you believe that some of Prince Philip's relatives from Germany will be invited?

It would depend on the size of the wedding, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

In attendance at William and Kate’s wedding was:

- Philip and Xenia of Hohenlohe-Landenburg and their spouses, grandchildren of the DoE’s eldest sister, Margarita
- Maximilian and Margarita of Baden and his wife, grandchildren of the DoE’s second sister, Theodora
- Karl Adolf of Hesse and his wife, son of the DoE’s youngest sister, Sophie.

The only sibling not represented was Cecilie, who has no surviving descendants.

However, weren't there still at least two options within London; or was it clear from the start that London meant Westminster Abbey (and not St Paul's)?

My main message was that not announcing the location today doesn't necessarily imply it will be St George's (nor that it will be the Abbey).

Well I agree with that. ?

I think most assumed that WA was the only realistic option for Will and Kate.

I would imagine the ones that Charles/Harry are close with would be invited. I know several of Philip's nephews and their families were at Windsor last week for the 70th wedding anniversary.

Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

I would think that if that were the weekend, the castle would have to be closed longer than one day for security reasons. In Washington, DC, security officials often close off areas for days before a large event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom