The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Just about every date in the calendar is significant in some way in the history of the BRF. And exactly what percentage of the population know or care about the death of a Tudor Queen? 1%? I'd be surprised if it's that high!

Old 12-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think William can care less on being at the game on his brother’s wedding day. Other officials will do the honors in handing out the trophy.

May 19th will be a day of major celebration in the UK, Commonwealth and even here in the US.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

DETEST Football myself, so anything that usurps it is fine 'in my book'...
Old 12-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think William can care less on being at the game on his brother’s wedding day. Other officials will do the honors in handing out the trophy.

May 19th will be a day of major celebration in the UK, Commonwealth and even here in the US.
Highly significant in Ontario; that is Victoria Day weekend when cottages are traditionally opened up and fireworks are set off to celebrate the birthday of Canada's first Queen! The date could mean a large contingent of Meghan's Toronto friends can come for the weekend and fly back Monday without missing work
Old 12-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Was said to have done? What was it? That's a big assumption (that Harry and she are not chummy) based upon a 'was said to have had'. JMO.
Quite true, an assumption. It looked to be something from Cressida's Twitter account, but such accounts can be hacked. We shall see in any case, whether Chelsy and Cressie are both invited to the wedding and available to attend on the scheduled date of May 19. Or if invited whether either or both will simply decide to attend the more private reception at Windsor Castle instead. The latter would seem more likely since both are known to dislike media attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I had to giggle at myself thinking that waiting for all the news is similar to playing a game of Clue. We now have Harry and Meghan at St. George's Chapel in Windsor on May, 19, 2018.

Lots of other pieces of the mystery yet to unfold before we have the total picture.
Ah, hopefully the next step will be some official engagement pics, and some casual pics with Guy.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Majesty

That May 19th incorporates Victoria Day in Ontario may well be significant mightn't it? It would, as Gerry said, allow Meghan's friends from Suits to be guests. Perhaps that's why this date was chosen.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, I think it'd take wild horses to drag William away from anything to do with his brother's wedding and arrangements have already been made with the FA for someone to take his place at the finals.

Maybe not wild horses, but one thing that may take him away from the wedding celebrations would be to tuck his three children into bed for the night. They all will most likely be staying close by in Windsor.

A wedding is time for family and friends and we do know that William will put his family first over "work" always.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

It’s a little different when William’s brother is getting married than his cousin. And missing an entire Kenya trip is also different than missing one game. I’m sure the footballers and fans would understand. :lol
Old 12-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

There is no way William is going to leave his brother wedding celebrations and go give an award. The FA organization has already extended their Congrats to Harry/Meghan and made a positive statement about the wedding being on the same day.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just because William wouldn't be there to hand out the winning trophy, I would imagine that he will not forget. My bets are on that William will host a reception for the winning team at a later date at KP.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Damn I always have to work saturdays. I have a feeling I will have to watch the thing later online somewhere.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Drive time between Windsor Castle and Wembley Stadium: 1 hr 17 mins but I assume that's with no traffic. Distance is: 29.5 miles

https://www.google.com/search?q=WIND...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 12-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

No way would William miss Harry and Meghan's evening party. Neither would I for my brother's wedding, were he still alive. My sister either (although she missed mine!)
Old 12-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

So I just realize the horse show was the week before. Given that information, the 19th is really the only Saturday in May that they can do it. The wedding is in the morning and will be televised. The reception in the evening isn't televised. So from that point, there is really not that much of a conflict whereas the other two weeks have logistic concerns.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Well obviously the palace and everybody else knew that there was some sort of sporting event on that date, so obviously they chose it for a reason. They had to juggle a number of very busy people's schedules. This is likely the date that fit with most people's, especially the senior family members, schedules.

Honestly, there was always going to be a conflict or issue for someone. Since they weren't going to get a bank holiday, that almost ensured a weekend wedding, because trying to have an event like that in the middle of the week, with people having to go to work would be a logistical nightmare. So their choice of dates were rather limited.

I'm sure William was consulted. I may be wrong, but if there is a an evening party I'm pretty sure William will be there. And if he's not, that certainly doesn't stop anything.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Majesty

It was probably quite hard to schedule. I assume they decided on a Saturday rather early on and probably reviewed the 12th, 19th and 26th as options. 26 apparently doesn't work because of the rehearsals for Trooping and maybe William even suggested that he preferred the 19th (FA cup) if that would push the wedding a week further from the expected birth of Cambridge #3.

Edit: adding in the horse show, all three dates had issues and this one clashes the least. I'd say that the 5th was deemed 'too early' for the Cambridges.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So I just realize the horse show was the week before. Given that information, the 19th is really the only Saturday in May that they can do it. The wedding is in the morning and will be televised. The reception in the evening isn't televised. So from that point, there is really not that much of a conflict whereas the other two weeks have logistic concerns.
If it's like William's wedding, the reception(s) will be in the afternoon -not televised. Then there will be an evening party, which is like a nightclub party, also not televised.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I don't think it'd be a big deal if William had to miss the evening party if he had to. Unless he wanted to treat the guest to some dad dancing?
Old 12-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

I'm going to echo other people here, who are saying, that there's no way William would miss his brothers wedding celebrations. Any part of it. And if they were to consider a football match as a no go for a wedding date, they'd never get married. Weekdays are out of the question, because it's not going to be a bank holiday, and there are only so many Saturdays in May. And they will have to get married in May re the fiancé visa.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure William will be attending all the events of Harry's wedding. It seems most of the weddings in the family have a structure--wedding at church late morning, brunch/lunch/cocktail reception in early afternoon and then an evening dinner/dance for family and close friends.
I doubt the players in the FA cup final will feel slighted if William doesn't attend because his only sibling is getting married that day.

Closed Thread