The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Phil Dampier said “You never schedule a wedding the same day as the FA Cup final, every bloke knows that”

Old 12-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, it was always going to be a Saturday due to no bank holiday, and it can't be the Saturday after either as the troops that will participate in the wedding will be rehearsing for Trooping.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Aristocracy

Phil Dampier is not a fan of the couple and truth be told Harry is not a football fan.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

Here's my idea....the FA Cup final is in the evening right? Well, have the wedding and reception in the morning/early afternoon. Then Prince William can get to the soccer event in the evening.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Same day as the FA Cup final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
This is tricky cos William is president of the FA and is always present at the FA Cup final to give the medals and trophy to the winning team.
So we probably wouldn't see William in FA cup? or he can rush to Wembley immediately after the wedding with his uniform, I am totally okay with it
Old 12-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
Haha! Iíll have to watch it on my iPhone in my hotel.

Iím glad theyíve chosen a Saturday, itíll give as many people a chance as possible to watch.
It works out well for me...London is 6 hours ahead of me...so if they have the wedding at 10/11 London time I'll just be up to watch!

No TV at the hotel?

LaRae
Old 12-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

Iíll only be two hours in front in Austria but Austrian hotel TVs tend to only carry the BBC World Service. But perhaps itíll be shown on a TV station I can pick up there.
Royal Highness

Prince William can carry a change of clothes to Windsor.
Another thing is....whilst the media shifts its attention to the FA cup in the evening, Harry and Meghan can sneak off to their honeymoon.
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I had to giggle at myself thinking that waiting for all the news is similar to playing a game of Clue. We now have Harry and Meghan at St. George's Chapel in Windsor on May, 19, 2018.

Lots of other pieces of the mystery yet to unfold before we have the total picture.

Now we just need a time....

LaRae

Quote:
Iíll only be two hours in front in Austria but Austrian hotel TVs tend to only carry the BBC World Service. But perhaps itíll be shown on a TV station I can pick up there.

Too cool...my son and his wife (living in Germany) are planning a trip to Vienna in the Spring (whatever Spring is for Austria). My husband's paternal family hail from Austria and there are still a number of folks related one way or another living in Austria.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Too cool...my son and his wife (living in Germany) are planning a trip to Vienna in the Spring (whatever Spring is for Austria). My husband's paternal family hail from Austria and there are still a number of folks related one way or another living in Austria.

LaRae

I always take my summer holidays in Austria. Itís a beautiful country with so much history and the mountains are beautiful and perfect for hiking. Maybe I should write and suggest it as a honeymoon destination for our new Duke and Duchess?

I know that thereís a German TV station that always live streams royal events from around the world so maybe I can get it on there. I have a feeling this one will get a fair amount of international attention. Harry seems very well known in other countries and heís travelled quite a lot - more so than his brother in some ways. Iím expecting huge viewing figures, especially given the American link.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The same day as the FA Cup Finals. Welp. I don't care but I see people are already really upset about this for a whole slew of reason. Also William is the president. So there is also that. Curious how they will time it all out. I wonder is the match will be in the evening.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:49 AM
Majesty

That evening, as the FA Cup is being televised, I wouldn't be surprised at a massive party being held in the Castle, long after the reception is done and dusted, and one that may go one till the early hours.

And William can miss handing out the medals one year and let someone else do it. His brother's getting married. That's a good enough reason.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Courtier

The match usually doesnít start until 17.30 so heís got plenty of time to attend but Iím sure it doesnít really matter if he misses it one year for such an important family occasion. Nobody could really expect him to skip his brotherís wedding and the celebrations afterwards for a football match.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Phil Dampier said ďYou never schedule a wedding the same day as the FA Cup final, every bloke knows thatĒ
Yes, it was an "interesting" choice. If I were the police I'd be pissed. Now they have to manage security for two major events on the same day. Spreading their resources and manpower thin.

I could be wrong but I fully expect William to attend the FA final and pass out the trophy like usual. He has shown in the past that his previous commitments come before a later announced family event, think Peter's wedding. He could still attend the wedding and the early afternoon reception, but skip the evening party. I think that's what he'll do.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:12 AM
Majesty

The DM have made a story out it “What guy schedules his wedding on FA Cup final day?”

Harry and Meghan's wedding is the same day as FA Cup final | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-15-2017, 10:15 AM
Majesty

The Fail commenters moan about everything as is well known, and they know, or should, that the wedding will be on during the early afternoon, with millions watching all over the world who don't give a damn about soccer. Nor do those whose teams aren't playing, so they'll just have to get over themselves.

Peter isn't William's brother and the two siblings are close. It would mean a lot of travelling back and forth and as has been said William has an excellent reason to miss for once.
As for the police the two events aren't on at the same time. I'm sure they and the security forces have been consulted and have OKd it. If they hadn't then another day would have been chosen.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I always take my summer holidays in Austria. Itís a beautiful country with so much history and the mountains are beautiful and perfect for hiking. Maybe I should write and suggest it as a honeymoon destination for our new Duke and Duchess?

I know that thereís a German TV station that always live streams royal events from around the world so maybe I can get it on there. I have a feeling this one will get a fair amount of international attention. Harry seems very well known in other countries and heís travelled quite a lot - more so than his brother in some ways. Iím expecting huge viewing figures, especially given the American link.

I'd love to go at some point. We are planning a trip to Germany in 2019 or 2020 after the DH retires. I think we are going to try and stay for a month so hoping to pop over to at least another country or two during that time.

My inlaws got to to to Vienna back in the 80's and met up with some of the family there. So that was neat for them.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Majesty

William will be Harry's supporter, so he's hardly going to rush off to the FA Cup...
Old 12-15-2017, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The DM have made a story out it ďWhat guy schedules his wedding on FA Cup final day?Ē

Harry and Meghan's wedding is the same day as FA Cup final | Daily Mail Online

The media are also making a issue of how it's the anniversary of the death of Anne Boeyen .....I mean really.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Peter isn't William's brother and the two siblings are close....he has an excellent reason to miss.
What does close have to do with it? QE and Philip didn't go to Willam's evening party and there's a 99% chance they won't go to Harry's either. Does that mean they aren't close to their grandsons? Of course not. William missing the evening party too, wouldn't be a big deal. It's for work. Work that Harry was well aware of when he set the date. He wouldn't be missing the wedding or the reception. He'd only be missing the evening party, which is just basically booze, dancing and bacon butty.

Closed Thread