The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
We should already start preparing ourselves for what Beatrice and Eugenie wear. LaRae
Oh, please no! Could we suppose that they are past that exhibitionist stage?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Oh, please no! Could we suppose that they are past that exhibitionist stage?

Well one can hope, but they often seem to lack the understanding that what they are wearing is not well done.

LaRae

Old 12-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Was said to have done? What was it? That's a big assumption (that Harry and she are not chummy) based upon a 'was said to have had'. JMO.
It was an Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcC14ZgA...ressida_bonas_

This is said to have possibly been a dig at Harry.

Quote:
I will truly be shocked if Cressida is snubbed an invite.
I don't get how it is a snub.

We have no sign they have remained friends. He has attended a play or two since break up. And they have attended the same social events. But it doesn't speak to some close friendship they have. They weren't friends before they dated. They don't have many friends in common, other then his cousins, due to age difference. There is no sign Meghan has met either of his exes.

The only people who would think they were snubbed if the exes weren't invited, are some fans.

Quote:
We all know, right, that Meghan used to work (years ago) as a calligrapher? She could draw the design!
Would certainly be a nice personal touch
Old 12-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope he doesn't invite either of them quite frankly. There's no reason to.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2017, 12:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I hope he doesn't invite either of them quite frankly. There's no reason to.

LaRae
I agree and wouldn’t think it a snub.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Me either...in fact unless the ex is a personal friend with BOTH parties (bride/groom) I wouldn't understand why they'd get an invite.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2017, 12:30 AM
Serene Highness

There’s no reason for them to be invited
Old 12-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Majesty

I'd be very surprised if Chelsy doesn't get an invite, actually. She and Harry go back a long way.

As for Cressida and her little statement, considering that her mother's great friend Ingrid Seward came out and stated publicly that it was the publicity and strangers commenting in her hearing on her clothing, hair, shoes etc as she walked by that decided Cress against a Royal life, I doubt very very much that the remark was aimed at Harry, unless she felt he didn't protect her enough when they were dating.

I think Cressida may, and only may, get an invitation. The Branstons are likely to be there anyway because of their sponsorship of the London Marathon.

The York cousins and Uncle Andrew will be there at the wedding. What are the odds do you think on Sarah being invited? She did help Harry out with the Cressida B romance at the beginning but that might not count.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The York cousins and Uncle Andrew will be there at the wedding. What are the odds do you think on Sarah being invited? She did help Harry out with the Cressida B romance at the beginning but that might not count.
I’m actually really laughing as that was my next question. I absolutely absolutely hope not.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
We should already start preparing ourselves for what Beatrice and Eugenie wear.

LaRae
If ever when I came on here and got a huge laugh that had me in stitches this was it.......... for I certainly hope that all invited are secure within themselves that no one has to show up trying to out do the bride and groom while making the wedding about what they wore like some have done in the past.....
Old 12-14-2017, 12:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
If ever when I came on here and got a huge laugh that had me in stitches this was it.......... for I certainly hope that all invited are secure within themselves that no one has to show up trying to out do the bride and groom while making the wedding about what they wore like some have done in the past.....
And you have me laughing! I shudder at the thought.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I really doubt Sarah Ferguson will be invited. She wasn’t at Edward’s or Charles’ second wedding and she hasn’t been invited to any of the big celebrations (Jubilee etc.) as far as I’m aware, so I can’t see her at Harry’s wedding. I’m more than happy to be surprised.

I also think Chelsey will get an invite but probably not Cressida. Lots of people have ex partners at their wedding as some remain friends.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Me either...in fact unless the ex is a personal friend with BOTH parties (bride/groom) I wouldn't understand why they'd get an invite.

LaRae
Because they might be close friends of ONE of the parties and they want them there?
Old 12-14-2017, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Because they might be close friends of ONE of the parties and they want them there?
There's 0 evidence of that being the case.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I also think Chelsey will get an invite but probably not Cressida. Lots of people have ex partners at their wedding as some remain friends.
Why not Cressida? Of the two women we usually see Cressida having more to do with Harry than Chelsey (I think). But if both women are friends of Harry, why not? Jeepers, William and Kate had their ex-es at their wedding. I doubt that Kate's ex was a personal friend of William's.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
There's 0 evidence of that being the case.

LaRae
I was only referencing to your post saying that they need to be friends with BOTH parties to come to the wedding, not that either of them will be invited or that Harry is friends with any of them.

But seeing as you don't want them there, clearly they won't be invited!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its not necessarily true that someone needs to be friends with both bride and groom in order to be invited to a wedding. There are going to be plenty of people attending that are solely Harry's friends and some that are solely Meghan's friends.

Whether or not either Chelsy or Cressida end up on any invitation list is solely up to Harry himself after consulting Meghan about how she'd feel about it. For all we know, Meghan still has quite a friendly relationship with some of her exes and will invite them too.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Whether or not either Chelsy or Cressida end up on any invitation list is solely up to Harry himself after consulting Meghan about how she'd feel about it. For all we know, Meghan still has quite a friendly relationship with some of her exes and will invite them too.
It will be interesting to see if Meghan invites her ex-husband. Of course, all of these people we are discussing could be invited but decide not to attend. We will never know unless it's declared, and why would it be declared?
Old 12-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
We all know, right, that Meghan used to work (years ago) as a calligrapher? She could draw the design!

LaRae
Meghan could do a wonderful job drawing the design. Calligraphy is very detailed and sometimes complicated with its artistic scrolls.
Would it offend people if Chelsey and Cressida only got invited to the reception?
Old 12-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, I don't think it matters if people get offended or not. Its Harry and Meghan's day and its their celebration to have however they want it to be and with whomever they want to share it with.