The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5421  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 670
A little different wording than used at all other royal weddings.
__________________

  #5422  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Prince Henry and Meghan will sign the register. Who are the other people who will sign the register?
Charles, Camilla, Doria, William.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5423  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Purrs's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Prince Henry and Meghan will sign the register. Who are the other people who will sign the register?
Two adult witnesses of their choice (William will probably be one) and (I think, other posters correct me if I'm wrong), the Dean of Windsor. He is the clergy that will greet Meghan at the beginning of the procession. (Usually the minister of the particular church where the wedding is performed signs it.)

St. George's Chapel is a bit unusual in that it is a "Royal Peculiar", under the direct jurisdiction of the Queen unlike most C of E churches that are in a diocese - a district under a bishop. Does anyone know if this means the Queen will also sign the register?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George%27s_Chapel
  #5424  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,844
Am I correct: You can watch the Royal Wedding on Youtube - The Royal Channel?
  #5425  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Marchesina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pescara, Italy
Posts: 856
For forum posters who follow other royal families, this wedding will be a lot like Carl Philip's and Sophia's in Sweden, with the combination of traditional music and soul.
I like the choice of the modern wording of the service, because the exchanging of rings and the blessing, do really use some beautiful words. I am a bit disappointed that they didn't go for their full name, except at the beginning of the service, but reading the whole order of service I have the feeling they wanted to keep the ceremony as much personal and intimate as possible, despite the location and the crowd gathered outside.
  #5426  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Link to the PDF of the Order of Service (just released).
This order of service is the Church of England's current default marriage service.

The Marriage Service

An alternative service was used for the Cambridge wedding and, if I am not mistaken, for previous British royal weddings.

A Form of Solemnization of Matrimony (Alternative Services: Series One) | The Church of England


Some of the differences between the two services:

1. The default order of service has the bride giving a wedding ring to the groom as an option.
2. The alternative order of service has the bride vowing to obey the groom as an option.
3. Giving away the bride is optional in the default service, but it is mandatory in the alternative service.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrs View Post
The Coptic Orthodox Archbishop of London will also be part of the clergy.
I wonder why?
  #5427  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:51 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
For forum posters who follow other royal families, this wedding will be a lot like Carl Philip's and Sophia's in Sweden, with the combination of traditional music and soul.
I like the choice of the modern wording of the service, because the exchanging of rings and the blessing, do really use some beautiful words. I am a bit disappointed that they didn't go for their full name, except at the beginning of the service, but reading the whole order of service I have the feeling they wanted to keep the ceremony as much personal and intimate as possible, despite the location and the crowd gathered outside.
I definitely got that vibe from the program when I read it. I have to say I find the choices more appropriate for this wedding due to incorporating Meghan’s American heritage. I didn’t understand where it fit into a Swedish Royal Wedding. JMO of course.
  #5428  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Marchesina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pescara, Italy
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I definitely got that vibe from the program when I read it. I have to say I find the choices more appropriate for this wedding due to incorporating Meghan’s American heritage. I didn’t understand where it fit into a Swedish Royal Wedding. JMO of course.
That was quite random, maybe Sofia was a big fan of Sister Act growing up
  #5429  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
This order of service is the Church of England's current default marriage service.

The Marriage Service

An alternative service was used for the Cambridge wedding and, if I am not mistaken, for previous British royal weddings.

A Form of Solemnization of Matrimony (Alternative Services: Series One) | The Church of England


Some of the differences between the two services:

1. The default order of service has the bride giving a wedding ring to the groom as an option.
2. The alternative order of service has the bride vowing to obey the groom as an option.
3. Giving away the bride is optional in the default service, but it is mandatory in the alternative service.




I wonder why?
It was customary in other British royal ceremonies to have visiting clergy from other Churches such as the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster representing the Roman Catholic Church, the Moderator of the Church of Scotland, representatives from the Free Churches in England, etc. I don’t know if a Coptic Archbishop was present in any previous wedding, but it may be a form of acknowledging the persecution of Coptic Christians including the horrible beheading of Coptic Christians by ISIS militants , among them the infamous “Jihad Joe” from the UK.
  #5430  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
That was quite random, maybe Sofia was a big fan of Sister Act growing up
Perhaps! It was certainly out of place and definitely went on way too long.
  #5431  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Purrs's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Am I correct: You can watch the Royal Wedding on Youtube - The Royal Channel?

Yes, you are. Here's the link (7 hours to go currently):
  #5432  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
For forum posters who follow other royal families, this wedding will be a lot like Carl Philip's and Sophia's in Sweden, with the combination of traditional music and soul.
I like the choice of the modern wording of the service, because the exchanging of rings and the blessing, do really use some beautiful words. I am a bit disappointed that they didn't go for their full name, except at the beginning of the service, but reading the whole order of service I have the feeling they wanted to keep the ceremony as much personal and intimate as possible, despite the location and the crowd gathered outside.
It will still be more formal than CP and Sofia’s wedding music, which was all pop music or traditional Lutheran hymns. Harry and Meghan’s wedding will also include a good deal of classical music, which, correct me if I am wrong, is not reallly common in Anglican services. William and Kate’s wedding music for example was mostly Anglican hymns and psalms ( ie liturgical music) or fanfares and patriotic hymns. I don’t remember classical pieces in their wedding.

For the British RF, I suppose Harry and Meghan’s wedding is as modern as it can get, and there will be pop elements with Stand by Me and This Little Light of Mine for example.

Depending on the arrangement, I do think that This Little Light of Mine as a recessional may indeed feel a little like Joyful, Joyful at CP and Sofia’s wedding.
  #5433  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Purrs's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
. Harry and Meghan’s wedding will also include a good deal of classical music, which, correct me if I am wrong, is not reallly common in Anglican services. William and Kate’s wedding music for example was mostly Anglican hymns and psalms ( ie liturgical music) or fanfares and patriotic hymns. I don’t remember classical pieces in their wedding.
Usually it's a combination - 2 or 3 hymns and other music at other points (usually classical) - bride's entrance, signing the register, leaving the church. (I've also heard it when guests are entering, prior to the bride's arrival.)


from the C of E website:
https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ar...-your-wedding/

https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ar...-your-wedding/
  #5434  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:22 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrs View Post
Usually it's a combination - 2 or 3 hymns and other music at other points (usually classical) - bride's entrance, signing the register, leaving the church. (I've also heard it when guests are entering, prior to the bride's arrival.)


from the C of E website:
https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ar...-your-wedding/

https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ar...-your-wedding/
Ok, when I mentioned W&K’s wedding music, I was not including music played before the bride’s entrance , but only music played during the actual service.
  #5435  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:25 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,844
I just came across the link to the Order of Service:
https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/f...of_service.pdf
I read the exchange of vows. Prince Henry is referred to as Harry in the vows. What happened to formality?
  #5436  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:25 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtahHotep View Post
That sounds too imitative of the first Obama inauguration. Meghan will want nothing to sound remind people of some other event, I have realized. And AFAIK, Beyoncé has not been invited. Who will sing it if it is to be sung?
Well if I was getting married I'd have Jane Mcdonald perform but I find that very unlikely here
  #5437  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Somewhere in Ga,, United States
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It will still be more formal than CP and Sofia’s wedding music, which was all pop music or traditional Lutheran hymns. Harry and Meghan’s wedding will also include a good deal of classical music, which, correct me if I am wrong, is not reallly common in Anglican services. William and Kate’s wedding music for example was mostly Anglican hymns and psalms ( ie liturgical music) or fanfares and patriotic hymns. I don’t remember classical pieces in their wedding.

For the British RF, I suppose Harry and Meghan’s wedding is as modern as it can get, and there will be pop elements with Stand by Me and This Little Light of Mine for example.
Since they are going to play classical, I assume they have room in there for Mendelssohn's Wedding March from A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (played at most weddings) and/or Wagner's "Here Comes The Bride" from LOHENGRIN (also played at most weddings.)?

Just asking.

Will go to bed in a little bit and wake up early. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #5438  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:34 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,353
Just before I go to bed too, will Meghan sing God Save the Queen ? Of course she will, as it would be unacceptable if she didn’t , but I can’t help thinking that, as an American, it will feel awkward/ odd for her.
  #5439  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Somewhere in Ga,, United States
Posts: 133
Patrick J. Adams captioned this picture "The Last Supper"----as in, before the wedding.

With most of the "crew" with Meghan in Windsor except Gabriel Macht and Jacinda Barrett:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi78A8cl...n-by=halfadams

He also wrote this beautiful post on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/halfadams/status/997616073984892928

Awesome guy.
  #5440  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Just before I go to bed too, will Meghan sing God Save the Queen ? Of course she will, as it would be unacceptable if she didn’t , but I can’t help thinking that, as an American, it will feel awkward/ odd for her.
The Queen will be her grandmother-in-law. I don't think it will feel awkward/odd for her at all.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
abdication anastasia 2020 baby names bangladesh biography bridal gown brownbitcoinqueen canada carolin chittagong cht clarence house coronavirus diana princess of wales dna dragons dubai duke of sussex dutch royal family earl of snowdon emperor facts fantasy movie general news thread george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hill historical drama history hochberg intro italian royal family jewellery jumma kent languages list of rulers mail mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten nepalese royal jewels northern ireland norway norway history palestine pless prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen mathilde random facts royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family settings thailand tips tracts uae customs united kingdom united states of america working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×