The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not about the fog, but about how Kate's mental and physical well being needs to out weigh the wants and needs of the bride and groom. Not to mention any other guest who is attending including a 96 year old man.

Opinions are fine. Asking for clarification. How long does the British royal family have to put their life on hold for Kate??? I am honestly interested in knowing if Meghan came out of her selfish 'happy place' as she obviously chose the date alone and considered no one else, what would be an acceptable length of time. You have very clear opinions that a month or so isn't long. I honestly would love to know what an acceptable time frame for life to continue so Kate is ready. Keen to hear your ideas here.

Oh and if Philip's health suddenly takes a down swing, does Philip's health take precedence over baby weight? Not sure how those rank. Honest question.

Once again I never said Meghan was selfish I think I have made my feelings pretty clear. I think a couple of extra weeks would have been better for Kate to recover after the birth I think itís a shame that apparently a June wedding isnít possible. As for your comment on prince Phillip I find it extremely disgusting. If you call that a honest question this mightnít be the best place for you

Old 12-03-2017, 02:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, royal rob, what I gleaned from your comments is an actual concern for what Kate would be going through, feeling both emotionally and physically with the wedding being close in time to the birth of their third child. I think those of us that are mothers are more than prone to think this way as we remember how *we* felt in the first months after giving birth.

Chin up. Its all good.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:12 AM
Majesty

Why is there all this fuss? THey will have takne Kate's due date inot account, but they're not going to wait around forever till she has her figure back. and they will sort it out....
Old 12-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Serene Highness

Kate, her pregnancy and having the baby can't dominate Harry's and Meghan's life for months. There are other people, events and engagements to take into consideration too. Postponing the wedding for 2 months because of Kate being in post pregnancy fog, and her body still not to it's pre pregnancy weight, would be too much Imo. Kate will be well taken care of, pampered and catered to, and she'll have no role in the wedding, she can just sit back, and enjoy the festivities.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Nobility

I can't scroll through 34 pages to find out if it has already been discussed, but has anyone any thoughts about wedding music ?
Prince Charles had a hand in William and Catherine's , but what about this time. Do we think Harry and Meghan will go for something traditional, or a little more unusual ?
Old 12-03-2017, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesnít help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.Itís a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding Iím not blaming Meghan for this as Iím sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.
I've had 3 children (within a 5 year span). I know what it's like to manage these things.

If I can do it without nannies and staff then I am quite sure Kate can manage to make it to a wedding for a couple hours.

Really I mean do you think women hide out at home now days for weeks on end after they have a child? I didn't even do that years ago. Within 2 or 3 weeks most ladies are out and about.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
I can't scroll through 34 pages to find out if it has already been discussed, but has anyone any thoughts about wedding music ?
Prince Charles had a hand in William and Catherine's , but what about this time. Do we think Harry and Meghan will go for something traditional, or a little more unusual ?
It's so hard to know! We just don't have any idea really how Traditional they will be or not...I'm sure the Archbishop (I think he's going to be marrying them) will have to approve whatever they choose.

Considering the Queen etc..I don't think they will go too far off path.

LaRae
Old 12-03-2017, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Personally I hope Prince Charles has a hand with the music again. His choices for William and Catherineís wedding were beautiful. Itís hard to say what Meghanís taste in music is but considering this is a royal wedding I donít think modern choices will be an option for the service. The reception will probably be all Harry and Meghan with music choices, but the ceremony will most likely be deferred to Prince Charles.

Iím sure we will hear more when it gets closer.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Nobility

I do wonder who the designated child wrangler will be in the wedding party of PH and Meghan. Won't be Kate---even if George and Charlotte are involved I don't see her being expected to provide the same favor that she offered her sister, especially with a newborn in the background.

So......an older junior bridesmaid like Lady Louise? Do Meghan's American or Canadian close friends have daughters of an age that would work? Have to admit I would love to see Louise in the wedding party.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan has friends in the U.K. also (prior to Harry) so...it's really hard to say who she will have in the party or assisting.

LaRae
Old 12-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGlendower View Post
I do wonder who the designated child wrangler will be in the wedding party of PH and Meghan. Won't be Kate---even if George and Charlotte are involved I don't see her being expected to provide the same favor that she offered her sister, especially with a newborn in the background.

So......an older junior bridesmaid like Lady Louise? Do Meghan's American or Canadian close friends have daughters of an age that would work? Have to admit I would love to see Louise in the wedding party.
Iím sure they will have Nannies keeping control of the little ones. Kate only has to mind her own since more than likely they will be in their adored uncleís wedding.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know this isnít the main point of your post, but are newborn babies typically brought to the church for wedding? Iíd think theyíd be left at home if they are under a certain age.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
at home if they are under a certain age.
Indeed, Cambridge #3 will be tucked up in the Nursery at KP [This ISN'T Sweden]...
Old 12-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I know this isnít the main point of your post, but are newborn babies typically brought to the church for wedding? Iíd think theyíd be left at home if they are under a certain age.
For British Royal weddings, other than children in the wedding party, children don't attend the weddings. C3 willnot be attending the wedding.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Indeed, Cambridge #3 will be tucked up in the Nursery at KP [This ISN'T Sweden]...
Even in the U.S. ...I've never seen that done at a wedding. Younger kids yes but not that young.

Now days you even have couples requesting no children at weddings.

LaRae
Old 12-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

No baby will be at Windsor Castle with nanny so Kate can feed her newborn
Old 12-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Majesty

The month being announced most likely means that they have two (or three?) possible dates in mind and are now working out which one works best taking everything into account (schedules of Harry's family, Meghan's family, close friends, and security and others who have to be involved in a royal wedding).
Old 12-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posts reading to Meghan travelling to visit family and friends have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2046032 thread.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Will Meghan have a peony bridal bouquet?
Old 12-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's lovely in style....I hear they are Meghan's favorite flower...I like seeing flowers used that are not normally in bridal parties.

LaRae
Old 12-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Unlike Pippa, Meghan is likely to have a maid of honor in her wedding (like Pippa was to Kate). I would assume she would do the wrangling.

I don't think we will see Louise again. She is a bit old for a child bridal party. And the bridesmaids seem to be paired, and usually pairs age wise close together. Unless Meghan has five bridesmaids, Louise is a lot older then the other likely girls in the wedding.

Quote:
Will Meghan have a peony bridal bouquet?
We don't know. Is she any more likely to have peonies then any other flowers out there???

The only thing we can likely count on is myrtle. As it is tradition in the BRF to include it in bouquets. It has been since the time of Queen Victoria.

Closed Thread