The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate made her first public appearance after Prince George was born 5 1/2 weeks after his birth. She'll be fine.

We don't know her exact due date and the royal family does, so I guarantee it's been taken into account.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Kate's a trooper. She probably won't have to do anything at the wedding except be a guest. Whomever the maid/matron of honor will corral the kids in the wedding party.

Plus they do have nannies to help with the kids.

LaRae

I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesnít help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.Itís a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding Iím not blaming Meghan for this as Iím sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Compared to continental royal honeymoons 2 weeks would be rather short (although to me it seems reasonable) - but William went back to work on Monday after their wedding on Friday, so it's up to them. It would be nice if they would be around for the June events.
I'd always had the thought in my head that they'd marry in May, take a few weeks for a honeymoon and then be front and center for all the wonderful events in June.

After all of that is over, its just about time for the Queen to head to Balmoral and the rest take their summer breaks. Harry and Meghan will have the big part of that summer to just settle into married life without a lot being put on their shoulders to do. I would expect that by fall, we'd have an announcement of some of the charities and organizations that Meghan has decided to support.

That's the beauty of a May wedding. All hustle and bustle getting ready for it with a period of active representation as a married couple with the family and then a period of "ahhhhh... now we can relax a bit" during the summer.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesn’t help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.It’s a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding I’m not blaming Meghan for this as I’m sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.
I think people have correctly thought of who they need to think of

Fortunately this isn't Kate's wedding and unlike Pippa, she wont be maid of honor either. Her body will not be on showcase.

Attention will rightly be on the bride and those involved.

I also think its a bit rude to assume Meghan and Harry didn't 'consider' anyone else in the matter.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesn’t help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.It’s a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding I’m not blaming Meghan for this as I’m sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.
What fog needs to go for Kate to attend a wedding just as an observer? It's not even like Pippa's wedding where she was not a matron of honor, but definitely helping with different things. She just needs to show up. I'm pretty sure they already thought of Kate by avoiding April, which is complete understandable. Honestly, if Kate is ok with letting the world press photographing her the day after she gives birth, she'll be fine with getting photographed a month or so after giving birth. They are thinking about who needs to be thought about for a wedding the day, the bride and the groom.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think people have correctly thought of who they need to think of

Fortunately this isn't Kate's wedding and unlike Pippa, she wont be maid of honor either. Her body will not be on showcase.

Attention will rightly be on the bride and those involved.

I also think its a bit rude to assume Meghan and Harry didn't 'consider' anyone else in the matter.

Her body not be on show !!!!!!! The carry on at the moment ... is there a bump yet ? How big is she ?? Etc etc. if you think the only photos will be Meghan you will be very wrong unless we donít see any photos as they have her sneaked in the side door
Old 12-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Majesty

Didn't Prince Carl Philip of Sweden marry his fiancee Sofia only a very short time before his sister Madelaine was to deliver a child? The Cambridge baby may well be four or five weeks old when Harry and Meghan get married. Surely they aren't expected to wait until Harry's sister in law gets her figure back!

If this wedding was scheduled for the middle of August disrupting the annual holiday of a very elderly couple I could understand it, but delaying because Kate and William, who have a great deal of household help plus Carole, might have a bit of stress over a new baby? Everybody in the senior ranks of the BRF was consulted about this May wedding schedule, I am sure, and it was agreed to.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Didn't Prince Carl Philip of Sweden marry his fiancee Sofia only a very short time before his sister Madelaine was to deliver a child? The Cambridge baby may well be four or five weeks old when Harry and Meghan get married. Surely they aren't expected to wait until Harry's sister in law gets her figure back!

If this wedding was scheduled for the middle of August disrupting the annual holiday of a very elderly couple I could understand it, but delaying because Kate and William, who have a great deal of household help plus Carole, might have a bit of stress over a new baby? Everybody in the senior ranks of the BRF was consulted about this May wedding schedule, I am sure, and it was agreed to.
Yes, Madeleine gave birth two days after the wedding. She was literally ready to pop at the wedding.

And yes, the entire family and their schedules would have been consulted in all of this. There is more then the Cambridges to be considered. Like the queen and Prince Philip who spend the summer in Scotland, and who in their 90's, are more of a consideration then Kate. Like Charles who has a busy schedule. Like the couple themselves and perhaps some of Meghan's guests.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Her body not be on show !!!!!!! The carry on at the moment ... is there a bump yet ? How big is she ?? Etc etc. if you think the only photos will be Meghan you will be very wrong unless we donít see any photos as they have her sneaked in the side door
There will always be mentions. The bride can handle her own. As can Kate.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Deep breath. Thank you! Everything will be just fine.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh I am sure like Beatrice in her fallopian hat, Kate will get some press.

But unlike Pippa, as you brought up the comparison, she wont be central. She wont be walking behind the bride. She wont be in the ceremony, or the carriages. She wont be stealing attention from the bride.

We have already seen that Meghan is starting to snap up the limelight from Kate. Baby #3 is just not as big of a media seller as Meghan and Harry are. And post baby weight is not going to be as big of a seller as what Meghan wore. Or the many celebrities who will be at the wedding.

Kate is a big girl, she can handle any photos. And I doubt Meghan has ever considered Kate will steal any thunder.

Again you don't plan babies around a woman's maternity leave. Due date yes, maternity leave no. Unless the pregnant woman is the bride.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Previous I donít know what maternity leave has to do with my thoughts so time to leave you all to it
Old 12-03-2017, 12:24 AM
Serene Highness

It's a bit rich to ask Meghan and Harry to move their wedding date for months, from May to June/July, instead of May, because Kate's due date is sometime in April. Kate will have the most help available, she'll be able put her feet up and relax, and be totally catered to at this wedding. She will have no other duties in it, but to just show up. And Kate won't steal the limelight, either, all eyes will be on Meghan and Harry.
Kate isn't the only person to consider with this wedding, and a few weeks between from her giving birth to the wedding is plenty of consideration. IMHO its like suggesting, that Harry and Meghan shouldn't have announced their engagement until after Kate gave birth.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Previous I donít know what maternity leave has to do with my thoughts so time to leave you all to it
You went on and on about how she will be in a fog for months. How she will be losing weight. And exhausted the first months breast feeding. I simply asked if you expected them to wait until Kate was done maternity leave so the guest will be bright eyed and bushy tailed at the wedding. It seems you were leaning that way. What is the right amount of time Kate needs to be given to make sure she looks her best at someone else's wedding. 2 months? More?
Old 12-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate had her first engagement 5 weeks after George
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...87_306x937.jpg

and 6 weeks after Charlotte
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...our-parade.jpg

Both were not solo events and she could have bowed out and no one would have been surprised. I’m sure if everything goes well with the birth she’ll have no problem being a guest at this wedding.
Why is this even being discussed? Does anyone really think Harry and Meghan didn’t consult the other senior royals about the wedding date?
Old 12-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Why is this even being discussed? Does any really think Harry and Meghan didnít consult the other senior royals about the wedding date?
Some just like to think if Kate is having a baby, then everybody else need to put their life on hold for the whole season. It'd be the same reaction if they announced the wedding would be March.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Kate had her first engagement 5 weeks after George
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...87_306x937.jpg

and 6 weeks after Charlotte
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...our-parade.jpg

Both were not solo events and she could have bowed out and no one would have been surprised. Iím sure if everything goes well with the birth sheíll have no problem being a guest at this wedding.
Why is this even being discussed? Does any really think Harry and Meghan didnít consult the other senior royals about the wedding date?
Sadly some posters seem to think they did. Or at least Meghan Suggesting that she was so in her 'happy place' she did not consider Kate's needs.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
You went on and on about how she will be in a fog for months. How she will be losing weight. And exhausted the first months breast feeding. I simply asked if you expected them to wait until Kate was done maternity leave so the guest will be bright eyed and bushy tailed at the wedding. It seems you were leaning that way. What is the right amount of time Kate needs to be given to make sure she looks her best at someone else's wedding. 2 months? More?

I didnít go on and on about a fog I mentioned it once excuse me for having a opinion
Old 12-03-2017, 02:21 AM
Courtier

The idea that Harry and Meghan should have considered Kate's weight is just...NO. I'm sure they considered her due date and having enough time afterwards to rest/recover but anything beyond that is completely unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Wasn't she right about that? They went to BP and then the wedding location/month announcement came shortly after they arrived?
Sorry for the late response but there was never anything else that suggested they were at BP. They definitely didn't need to be there for the announcement. And that same day, we actually got pap pics of Harry going to/coming from the gym. So I personally doubt he and Meghan were ever there.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I didn’t go on and on about a fog I mentioned it once excuse me for having a opinion
Not about the fog, but about how Kate's mental and physical well being needs to out weigh the wants and needs of the bride and groom. Not to mention any other guest who is attending including a 96 year old man.

Opinions are fine. Asking for clarification. How long does the British royal family have to put their life on hold for Kate??? I am honestly interested in knowing if Meghan came out of her selfish 'happy place' as she obviously chose the date alone and considered no one else, what would be an acceptable length of time. You have very clear opinions that a month or so isn't long. I honestly would love to know what an acceptable time frame for life to continue so Kate is ready. Keen to hear your ideas here.

Oh and if Philip's health suddenly takes a down swing, does Philip's health take precedence over baby weight? Not sure how those rank. Honest question.

Closed Thread