The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 04:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
frankly i'd say there are more americans than British interested in the whole thing..

I doubt if it would go to that extreme but maybe they need some good news in US.
Iím not in UK but I think they would be very interested.

Here in Australia there is plenty of coverage of it. In tonight news there was a bit about them but also Will and George Also Japaneseís emperor and of course our princess Mary coming home for Christmas.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
A few weeks ago you took it upon yourself to speak on behalf of the entire population of the United Kingdom and now you presume to do so for the United States of America.

I assure, there is interest in the Harry and Meghan wedding in the United States. That's why news of the engagement appeared on the major US Newspapers (Washington Post, USA Today, etc.), on all of the major US Morning shows (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc.) in addition to the local television shows and the couple is slated to appear on the cover of People magazine next week.

All of this hardly equals zero interest.

And now you are calling American's stupid to fly over to the UK and spend their hard earned money and vacation time to witness the wedding of a fellow American, who happens to live and work in Canada. Cause apparently you can't be of specific nationality and work in another country and love and respect both countries. Gosh, I guess the millions of people who do this on a regular are wrong! And just because she is choose to live and work in Canada and now is choosing to marry and live in the UK has nothing to do with switching allegiance. It's called getting a job and living where the job takes you. It's called falling in love and moving to where your intended lives and works. Again, millions of people do this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

And finally, no one is playing the race card. Members are simply stating the facts...Meghan is biracial and as such, there is an additional interest in her, the wedding and her future role in the British Royal Family.

You clearly don't care for Meghan and that is certainly your right but stop the sweeping generalizations that are clearly wrong.

That is all.

Let's all continue to discuss the pre wedding information.

I, for one, have thought about making a visit across the pond for the wedding. But I am afraid I would miss something. And for the record, I thought the same about coming over for William and Catherine's wedding.
A-M-E-N, Zonk, A-M-E-N!
It was about time that someone said it like it is in a polite manner. My gut reactions are mostly anything but polite (and sometimes it shows)

Old 12-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Me too! O well, looks like we must wait for George.
That's a LONG time. I'm going to be old and gray by then.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Please note that several off-topic posts have been deleted. U.S politics bare no relation to this topic. Also, if you must discuss Meghan's previous marriage, please do so in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...und-43856.html thread. Thanks you.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Back to the wedding, I quite like the idea of Windsor Castle and presumed that St. George's would be the most likely choice (IIRC the Wessexes married there too). It would be nice to have wedding photos with the front of the castle in the background and a carriage ride down the long path.

I can imagine that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will definitely be included in the bridal party but it would be nice to see Mia Tindall and the Viscount Severn in the mix as well from the Windsors; and perhaps a child of one of the cast of Suits from Meghan's side. Speaking of the show, it would be nice if the cast were invited as guests. I think we'll most likely see the Obamas as well, since Harry seems to have struck up a friendship with them through his charity work and royal position. I can't imagine any foreign royals being present as I don't know how friendly Harry is with them. Perhaps one of the Greek royals but that is my best bet. Maybe some of Harry's godparents will be there too?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Majesty

If Meghan uses an automobile to take her to St. George's Chapel, which automobile might that be?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail

Oh, and if what I hear is correct, I wouldn't dust your hats off for a May 26th wedding as some as predicting today.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If Meghan uses an automobile to take her to St. George's Chapel, which automobile might that be?
Wouldn't it be one of the ones with the glass roof? They have more than one, right?
Old 12-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Rebecca is pretty hit or miss with her info. I believe she was wrong about Harry and Meghan being at BP the day after the engagement announcement. So it really is best to wait and see.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Dickie Arbiter tweeted, that royals don't do Saturday weddings, to scratch 26th off the table.

Is that true, and why no Saturday weddings?
Old 12-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Rebecca is pretty hit or miss with her info. I believe she was wrong about Harry and Meghan being at BP the day after the engagement announcement. So it really is best to wait and see.
Wasn't she right about that? They went to BP and then the wedding location/month announcement came shortly after they arrived?
Old 12-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dickie Arbiter‏
@RoyalDickie

Following Following @RoyalDickie

Royals don't do Saturday weddings so forget 26 May
Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The date, to me, doesn't really matter. Nor the time. We know the place and I know exactly where I'm going to be throughout the wedding day. Right here.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Dickie Arbiter tweeted, that royals don't do Saturday weddings, to scratch 26th off the table.

Is that true, and why no Saturday weddings?
Edward & Sophie married on a Saturday.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Dickie Arbiter‏
@RoyalDickie

Following Following @RoyalDickie

Royals don't do Saturday weddings so forget 26 May
A weekend makes the most sense. There will be no bank holiday.

-Charles and Camilla married Saturday April 9
-Anne and Tim married Saturday December 12
-Edward and Sophie married Saturday June 19
-Mike and Zara married Saturday July 30
-Peter and Autum married Saturday May 17
-Gloucesters married Saturday July 8
Old 12-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe Dickie is getting forgetful?

LaRae
Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

I’m using the Osipi calendar RIGHT HERE
Old 12-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail

Oh, and if what I hear is correct, I wouldn't dust your hats off for a May 26th wedding as some as predicting today.
What's funny about this tweet is that, if it's not the 26th of May, people will be putting their hats away by that point, since the wedding will already be over.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Commoner

St Georges' Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Are we sure it's going to be televised? There are no camera's allowed in St George's Chapel.
To avoid mistakes or confusion: I'd love to watch their wedding on TV, it's just because of the general protocol there.
Edward & Sophie
Charles & Camilla

Televised ..I saw them both here in USA
Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
A weekend makes the most sense. There will be no bank holiday.

-Charles and Camilla married Saturday April 9
-Anne and Tim married Saturday December 12
-Edward and Sophie married Saturday June 19
-Mike and Zara married Saturday July 30
-Peter and Autum married Saturday May 17
-Gloucesters married Saturday July 8
I think, in fairness, he was talking BIG royal weddings.

Charles and Camilla were originally scheduled to marry on the Friday (delayed for Pope's funeral) so not planned for a Saturday
Anne and Tim didn't even announce their wedding in advance as I recall - v close friends and family only in Scotland
Mike and Zara; Peter and Autumn are not truly royal and as they work in our real world, its def easier for friends and family to attend at w/ends
Glos was the quiet family wedding of a 2nd son, not the heir and they also worked in the real world and so did their friends.

Edward and Sophie are really the only one's who were senior royals who chose a Saturday.

And I don't see why not.

The other date being mentioned is 18th May - because its prior to the leadup to TTC. There are main rehearsals on 26th and 2nd June.

I like the 26th (or 25th) because it would make a long weekend - people already have the Monday off and it leads into half term for most children (again another reason why people take a long weekend)

EDIT - by long weekend I mean that it is not unusual for people to take an additional day as holiday on a bank holiday weekend.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread