The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4721  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:53 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I am not surprised at all if itís indeed true that the children and grandchildren of the Kents and Gloucesters arenít invited. I predicted that some time ago in this thread. When they said only 600 guests in the chapel it seemed obvious that the whole royal family would not be in attendance. Harry and Meghan have shown they wanted a slimmed down wedding so why invite grooms relatives he only sees once a year.
How often does he see the Spencers , who we know have been invited ? Or the Linleys or the Chattos, who might have been invited, but we are not sure ?
__________________

  #4722  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:55 AM
LadyGlendower's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: City of Light, France
Posts: 262
JessRulz: Thanks for the correction! In royal weddings, as in baseball, you need to know the players AND their positions :)
__________________

  #4723  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:08 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
The bridesmaids and pageboys were announced:

https://www.royal.uk/bridesmaids-and...-meghan-markle
Maybe I should move this question to the Meghanís citizenship and religious conversion forum, but I wonder how Meghan could have been someoneís godmother if she was not baptized. At least in the Catholic Church, one has to provide proof of a valid baptism to become a godparent. I would assume the same is true in mainstream Protestant churches (e.g. Anglican or Lutheran), isnít it ?
  #4724  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:10 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Aww this list is adorable! 5/5 split. No real surprises. Itís going to be madness.
  #4725  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:11 AM
Tamara77's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Appalachian Mountains, United States
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
There is something else to consider in all this--if it is true that Sr has a heart blockage and is having a procedure for it--heart disease can cause confusion and impaired thinking. Which could explain some of this mess.
Oh yes, true. Sometimes personality changes due to lack of oxygen to the brain. However, he understands, knows, and remembers what he is doing.
  #4726  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:17 AM
Tamara77's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Appalachian Mountains, United States
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Aww this list is adorable! 5/5 split. No real surprises. Itís going to be madness.
I Agree, Aco! We should all be in for a few laughs and lots of adorable cuteness on Saturday.
  #4727  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
That is a great selection of bridal attendants, the oldest seven, the youngest two! Boy, are they going to cause a riot!
  #4728  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:29 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I am not surprised at all if it’s indeed true that the children and grandchildren of the Kents and Gloucesters aren’t invited. I predicted that some time ago in this thread. When they said only 600 guests in the chapel it seemed obvious that the whole royal family would not be in attendance. Harry and Meghan have shown they wanted a slimmed down wedding so why invite grooms relatives he only sees once a year.
If true I am very surprised. Traditionally members of the extended BRF attend weddings involving members of the Queen's family. 600 guests are a lot, not inviting Kents or Gloucesters doesn't cut the guest list much. There were only 500 guests at Sophie & Edward's wedding but the relatives were there. Nor do H&M have the same monetary consideration normal folks do when making a guest list, paying for the guest's dinner.

And to nitpick-at least twice a year, Trooping the Colour and the Queen's Christmas lunch. That's more than I see some of my relatives who would still be invited to a family wedding.
  #4729  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:37 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
How often does he see the Spencers , who we know have been invited ? Or the Linleys or the Chattos, who might have been invited, but we are not sure ?

The Spencers are aunts, uncles and cousins who we know Meghan has met. The Gloucester and Kent children and grandchildren are second and third cousins. To me that is the difference.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #4730  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If true I am very surprised. Traditionally members of the extended BRF attend weddings involving members of the Queen's family. 600 guests are a lot, not inviting Kents or Gloucesters doesn't cut the guest list much. There were only 500 guests at Sophie & Edward's wedding but the relatives were there. Nor do H&M have the same monetary consideration normal folks do when making a guest list, paying for the guest's dinner.

And to nitpick-at least twice a year, Trooping the Colour and the Queen's Christmas lunch. That's more than I see some of my relatives who would still be invited to a family wedding.

I'm also surprised, and very disappointed.
People like the Beckhams are invited, and not Harry's cousins?
  #4731  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
How does the Daily Fail know who has been invited to the wedding and who missed out? Surely it's pure guesswork on their part isn't it?
  #4732  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Yay!!! I’m really surprised how many they choose, but I guess they didn’t want to leave out the kids they are close to, and boy there are lot.

And, yea, the age and number of kids? Good luck to Meghan keeping them in line walking down the aisle.
  #4733  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
The Spencers are aunts, uncles and cousins who we know Meghan has met. The Gloucester and Kent children and grandchildren are second and third cousins. To me that is the difference.
And Meghan met all the Gloucesters and Kents on Dec 20, 2017. But I don't know why they couldn't be invited even if Meghan hadn't met them.
  #4734  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
How does the Daily Fail know who has been invited to the wedding and who missed out? Surely it's pure guesswork on their part isn't it?
IDK, I can see some of the minor royals being miffed they were not invited and letting it be known.

But then again, Sabastian Shakespeare is not the best source even for the DM.
  #4735  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Taraz, Kazakhstan
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Maybe I should move this question to the Meghanís citizenship and religious conversion forum, but I wonder how Meghan could have been someoneís godmother if she was not baptized. At least in the Catholic Church, one has to provide proof of a valid baptism to become a godparent. I would assume the same is true in mainstream Protestant churches (e.g. Anglican or Lutheran), isnít it ?
I did research about it for Harry Potter fansite (when we tried to find what church Harry was christened into with Sirius Black as his godfather, and where is his godmothers for C's sake? )
Godparents in Church of England have to be baptized (confirmation is not necessary). And there have to be three godparents minimum, so question about Potter's church and his other godparents remains unanswered.
  #4736  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yay!!! I’m really surprised how many they choose, but I guess they didn’t want to leave out the kids they are close to, and boy there are lot.

And, yea, the age and number of kids? Good luck to Meghan keeping them in line walking down the aisle.
She has to have someone helping her...right? I can't imagine it will be only her to coral the kids. That sounds like a supremely bad idea.
  #4737  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm also surprised, and very disappointed.
People like the Beckhams are invited, and not Harry's cousins?
When I think of cousins, I think of people like Zara Tindall and Lady Kitty Spencer. While Iím surprised about Freddie and Ella, I think itís not odd to think that someone would invite those they know socially instead of their second and third cousins. I donít even know who is my second or third cousin. At that point, itís pretty far.
  #4738  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenys View Post
I did research about it for Harry Potter fansite (when we tried to find what church Harry was christened into with Sirius Black as his godfather, and where is his godmothers for C's sake? )
Godparents in Church of England have to be baptized (confirmation is not necessary). And there have to be three godparents minimum, so question about Potter's church and his other godparents remains unanswered.
Some times folks are Godparents and it has nothing to do with organized religion.

One of my Godmothers is not Catholic (I am), but is still my Godmother. I actually know a lot of people who name folks their kids' Godparents and it having nothing to do with a formal religious ceremony, just a role people play in folks lives.
  #4739  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
She has to have someone helping her...right? I can't imagine it will be only her to coral the kids. That sounds like a supremely bad idea.
Iím just going with the fact that she has no maid or matron of honor. Who else is going to be walking down the aisle? Unless when KP said sheís has a number of close friends she didnít want to choose from means they are all going to walk down and keep an eye on the kids, which I doubt. Maybe they are expecting the older kids to keep an eye on the younger, but they are still young kids at 7 or 8.
  #4740  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:53 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Iím just going with the fact that she has no maid or matron of honor. Who else is going to be walking down the aisle? Unless when KP said sheís has a number of close friends she didnít want to choose from means they are all going to walk down and keep an eye on the kids, which I doubt. Maybe they are expecting the older kids to keep an eye on the younger, but they are still young kids at 7 or 8.
Honestly, since 3 of the kids are Mulroney's, it wouldn't surprise me if Jessica is assisting with the kids (or Benita or both), but just are not named in the party.

Expecting 5 year olds or a 7 year old to behave at this kind of event is wishful thinking in my experience.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hereditary grand duchess stťphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove jack brooksbank jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers meghan markle mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess chulabhorn walailak princess dita princess ribha queen consort queen louise queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry spain speech suthida taiwan thailand unfinished portrait united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×