The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4081  
Old 05-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899
According to a new poll from Opinium Research, Meghanís approval rating is up 1 point from November to 40 percent.

Also from the same poll, 53 per cent of Britons say they will not watch the wedding on television next Saturday at Windsor Castleís St Georgeís Chapel.

Just 38 per cent plan to tune into coverage.

Results were published yesterday.
__________________

  #4082  
Old 05-11-2018, 05:42 PM
MARG's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 10,082
I bet a lot of people who say they won't watch will, they just don't want their friends or other people to think they are naff or some such.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #4083  
Old 05-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Although Harry IS popular, and MILLIONS here in the UK will watch the Wedding, it doesn't have the importance his Brother's wedding had for the future of this country, and takes place on an already busy Spring Saturday that isn't a Public Holiday.

MANY will be working/shopping or doing whatever they usually do on a Saturday.

The Pubs will do good business, i've seen many Poster's and Press adverts saying "Come for the Wedding, stay for the Football"..
  #4084  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:13 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Just want to put in my guess for the page boys and bridesmaids:

Prince George
Jasper Dyer
Ivy Mulroney
Princess Charlotte
The Litt girls
Also my guess. Maybe the Mulroney twins to even if out.
  #4085  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Have to realize a lot of people don't take polls. That was the percentage of people they actually polled. How much of the population actually took the poll

As for it 'isn't as important as William's' that really has no part in this. People don't watch these weddings because of 'how close they are to the throne'. They watch them or don't watch them out of interest. Harry is extremely popular, the good looking 'bachelor prince' about to marry an actress. Sorry, but that is more exciting to many people, then William even if William will one day be king. Television ratings aren't based on proximity to the throne.

Nor will the fact that the wedding isn't on a holiday. It needed to be on a holiday for William and Kate as they married on a weekday. Yes, there are people who work weekends. But they are a lot less then those who work on the weekdays. Besides the networks are also considering foreign viewers, especially Americans. And a british bank holiday wouldn't affect them.

Any confirmation Doria is actually in London. The Daily mail is denying she is there. That she wont arrive for another day or two.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...64052911398914

Quote:
I agree - it seems like quite a good list. I would love for little Mia to be a bridesmaid too; she's very sweet. We've seen the Cambridges getting on well with the Tindalls at horse shows but I don't know what Harry's relationship with them is like. I wonder if Mia could be a candidate for Eugenie and Jack? Not sure how close Eugenie is with Zara and Mike either; though. However it would be nice for George if he were in Harry's bridal party to have a bridesmaid who is around his age, and seeing George and Mia together with Charlotte would be super cute.
I also agree with those who said that Maude Windsor is a better candidate for Eugenie considering that she is her goddaughter.
Mia being George's age might be all the more reason she is ruled out.

Ivy is five, and it looks like the Litt girls are as well from what I have read. Honestly Charlotte is the one who has no one her age range.

Unless they go with 8, and pair girl/boy (which I doubt), they will be more concerned with pairing George with a Boy close to him in age. page boys will be paired. And Jasper Dyer fits that.

I don't think at his age, George really will find 'having a girl his age' fun.
  #4086  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899
Considering Meghan is marrying into the British royal family I really donít care how many Americans are interested or watching. If every person in America watched it has no impact in Britain.

I hope the wedding gets at least respectable numbers in the U.K. just because Iím a monarchist.

With no foreign royals Iím praying George and Charlotte are there so I have a reason to watch.
  #4087  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Winston-Salem, United States
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Considering Meghan is marrying into the British royal family I really donít care how many Americans are interested or watching. If every person in America watched it has no impact in Britain.

I hope the wedding gets at least respectable numbers in the U.K. just because Iím a monarchist.

With no foreign royals Iím praying George and Charlotte are there so I have a reason to watch.
You'll be watching. You haven't missed a single Harry/Meghan detail.
  #4088  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899
Even with William being best man and Kate attending that’s not enough for me to watch. I’m waiting on the announcement of George and Charlotte.
  #4089  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Of course, I mean for Americans its only entertainment. For the British, it is a matter of grave importance. They wait on baited breath

I can see the headlines 'Only 10million Brits watched the royal wedding. The stock market crashed 100 points and unemployment has fallen to a new low. People wonder how the royal family will ever save the country'


This wedding and how many viewers watch it aren't important to anyone other then the networks at their ratings. If there really was as little interest as you claim, the networks would not be covering it like they are. They are businesses first and foremost. Those polls are not likely to represent more then 30% of the population of the UK. People don't tend to take polls.

And as a Canadian, whose royal family this is, I would argue Canadian viewers definitely are important. As well as Aussie, New Zealanders and any other of the queen's realms.


Quote:
Even with William being best man and Kate attending that’s not enough for me to watch. I’m waiting on the announcement of George and Charlotte.
Maybe you will be around when George marries???? This is Harry and Meghan's wedding. If Harry and Meghan aren't the focus, what is the point of watching.
  #4090  
Old 05-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899
Ah countessmeout, Im not Ďclaimingí anything. Iím posting numbers. Same with the lack of street parties.

Iíve apparently struck a nerve which isnít surprising. You make sure to watch and thatíll make up for me not watching.
  #4091  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Mia being George's age might be all the more reason she is ruled out.

Ivy is five, and it looks like the Litt girls are as well from what I have read. Honestly Charlotte is the one who has no one her age range.

Unless they go with 8, and pair girl/boy (which I doubt), they will be more concerned with pairing George with a Boy close to him in age. page boys will be paired. And Jasper Dyer fits that.

I don't think at his age, George really will find 'having a girl his age' fun.

The two Litt girls are five and seven.
The Mulroney boys are eight.

So they could really go in pairs, the ages are close enough.
Not saying they will, but they could.
  #4092  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,636
as a citizen of Australia, one of the realms, I am going to enjoy watching Harry and Meghan's wedding on one of the major free to air channels that have been falling over themselves to screen this wedding,(or on one of the cable channels) with my focus being on the bride and groom, not the best man or his wife.
  #4093  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899
There is lots of coverage planned in Australia. ITV’s royal reporter sent out this tweet on that very subject.

Looks like Australia is more excited than Britain is ... #royalwedding

Via Chris Ship Twitter
  #4094  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
I wanted to stay out of the poll debate, however, something we have to take into consideration is "who says they will tune in" vs. "who actually tunes in". For example, about 53% of Britons said they were going to watch the royal wedding in 2011 according to Reuters and BBC. However, only about 40% actually tuned in.

Here are the numbers: According to BBC, 24.5 million Brits watched the wedding in 2011, compared to 33.5 million that was expected to tune in based on poll numbers.

All this is to say, let's wait until after the wedding before we start to "rejoice" that Brits didn't tune into Harry and Meghan's wedding. Maybe less people will tune in, or maybe more will.
  #4095  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,636
Those figures are very interesting JuliannaVictoria. Thankyou for them.

Yes, Rudolph, Harry is popular in Australia, as he is in Britain.

Chris Ship is always as cynical as all hell. And extraordinary that ITV (the network that employs him) are going all out in their coverage if, as you predict, there will only be the equivalent of two men and a dog watching this wedding.

And, as we've seen with various election polls, what people say they are going to do and what they actually do (as has been pointed out in the above post) are two different things.
  #4096  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:29 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,216
At what time English time, will this wedding take place ???? I don't know where to find this info ! Thanks in advance !
  #4097  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
At what time English time, will this wedding take place ???? I don't know where to find this info ! Thanks in advance !
I think the actual time of the ceremony will be 12:00PM UK time, which should be the same if you are watching from Belgium, I think or maybe Belgium is one hour ahead.
  #4098  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lewisville, United States
Posts: 854
Lots of people will watch, lots won't. Who cares? Will and Kate's wedding was a national holiday, correct? I'll tune in for at least some of it, but only because it's on early and my Saturday commitments are later in the day. Saturday at noon is hard for a lot of people.

I personally did not watch W&K in real time. I'll bet more people here in the US will watch M&H simply because she's American and quite a few people would have seen her on her TV show.
  #4099  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:51 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 9,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Also my guess. Maybe the Mulroney twins to even if out.
I would like to see Charlotte Diana Spencer as a flower girl.
  #4100  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Nor will the fact that the wedding isn't on a holiday. It needed to be on a holiday for William and Kate as they married on a weekday. Yes, there are people who work weekends. But they are a lot less then those who work on the weekdays. Besides the networks are also considering foreign viewers, especially Americans. And a british bank holiday wouldn't affect them.
It only 'needed to be a holiday' because they wanted it that way. The thought was that a long weekend (wedding on Friday, bank holiday on Monday) would be appreciated by the people and add to the festive atmosphere they hoped to create for the wedding of the future king and queen.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla charles congo crown jewels danish royal family de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex gemstones guzman henry viii history identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period need help noble families norway crown princely couple orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai state visit st edward tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×