The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I like the location, although prefer to Westminster Abbey. Security issues may also have weighed on the decision. But Windsor Castle is very beautiful and has a lot of history and moreover is one of the favorite residences of the Royal family. Will be a nice wedding for sure.
I was thinking the same thing. It is a Lovely location & a nice size crowd for outside & leading up to the chapel. However, for me( & I am an American. Safety would be my 1st concern) There has been so much Drama safety wise in the world today. The 1st thing I was think even before they announced their plans to marry was Attacks. Talk about a Statement heard around the world.

The crowd & Security could be much better handled there & it is a Beautiful Area. I think that this is the Perfect location for their wedding.

As for the Kiss, I can see Harry & Megan coming out of the chapel & Harry planting a BIG kiss on her at the bottom of the Step. He just looks so happy now, I feel happy for both. .

Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
^ I think they purposely added that St George / Windsor has become close to Harry n Meghan so that there isn't any resentment amongst the general public given how popular Harry is .
Meh, if it's a place they've been able to get away from the prying eyes of the press in the past year and half and offered them peace and quiet, I can see how it'd be special to them. Meghan specifically also mentioned long country walks in the interview, it's possible that some of those walks were in Windsor.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
^ I think they purposely added that St George / Windsor has become close to Harry n Meghan so that there isn't any resentment amongst the general public given how popular Harry is .
I agree that mentioning it was a strategic move. Yet, I don't think they would have said it if it had no truth to it.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm thinking most all those walks were at Windsor...otherwise someone would of spotted them and pics taken.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Best wishes to the bride-to-be and Prince Harry!
Old 11-29-2017, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The last royal wedding at St Georges chapel was Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly ,its a fantastic setting for a wedding.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I visited Windsor Castle for the first time a week ago and I have to confess, I found St George's Chapel a little bit gloomy and far smaller than I expected it to be. I'm not sure it would be my first choice for a wedding but I'm sure it'll be looking it's best on the day itself and really, it isn't about the setting but the couple and what the day means to them.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

They are going to have to get really creative with this. Victoria Arbiter, who is a royal commentator and Dickie Arbiter's daughter, is expressing concerns over how they are going to accommodate all the media. She lives in New York, so she does more US show about BRF than British shows. She was hugely supportive of St. George's Chapel before the announcement and still is. However, today she's expressing that she's afraid someone in charge of logistics might be underestimating US interest. She did 32 interviews on Monday alone.

https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...38037938343936
Old 11-29-2017, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I don't think will be a problem is the televising of the wedding. If my one brain cell is actually functioning, for Will & Kate's wedding, one media outlet was chosen (like ITV or Sky or BBC) to do the actual filming in the Abbey and provided the live feed to everyone else.

I'm sure the media will be limited. There just isn't the room for every journalist that wants to be there to actually be there.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I don't think will be a problem is the televising of the wedding. If my one brain cell is actually functioning, for Will & Kate's wedding, one media outlet was chosen (like ITV or Sky or BBC) to do the actual filming in the Abbey and provided the live feed to everyone else.

I'm sure the media will be limited. There just isn't the room for every journalist that wants to be there to actually be there.
She was referring to the media that will want to be in Windsor to cover the wedding.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Will be interesting to see who the couple choose as attendants. I see Prince George as a page, Princess Charlotte as a bridesmaid, maybe Zara and Peter Phillips's little girls. Lady Louise as the older bridesmaid perhaps? Do we know if Meghan has young children in her family? I know she's got a half brother and half sister, but somehow I don't think she's very friendly with her sister, who last I heard, was writing a book about her!

This is assuming they stick to recent tradition of using mainly child attendants.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 PM
Majesty

Do you think that Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, the daughter of Charles, Earl Spencer might be a flower girl?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm pretty sure George and Charlotte will be in the wedding party...past that hard to say!

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think her maid of honour will be Ashleigh Hale, her niece only few years younger than she; they have a very good contact with each other.
One of her first cousins, David Markle, has three children, maybe they too will take part as flower girls/page boys.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
She was referring to the media that will want to be in Windsor to cover the wedding.
Most likely that is what is going to have to be limited. Every media outlet in the world just isn't going to fit into Windsor to cover the wedding. Perhaps a few mainstream USA outlets like CNN or ABC or whatever will be able to feed information to other outlets. We've seen just how crazy things can get with the media just by watching outside the Lindo Wing when George and Charlotte were being born.

One interesting little tidbit not really relating to this upcoming wedding but USA covering British royal events is back in 1953, for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, the Washington Times-Herald sent over their "Inquiring Camera Girl" to cover it. We know her best now as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. The USA has always had a big interest in British events.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

How many attendants are there usually?

I'd be surprised if the Mulroney children aren't involved. Especially Ivy Mulroney.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

All the children are so cute...definitely George and Charlotte. And I’m rooting for the bag lady herself, Mia Tindall.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Majesty

I don't think they will 'repeat' children of William & Catherine's wedding (and most of them are getting a little old for that role), so I don't expect Louise for example.

Even if they would go for 4 children each, Harry might choose two of his (5-6) godchildren instead of second cousins (once removed) in addition to his nephew and niece.

Let's try to do the math and come up with a balanced group of 8 child attendants (4 boys and 4 girls?):

Harry:
Jasper Dyer (5)
Prince George of Cambridge (4)
Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (3)
?

Meghan:
goddaughter Litt (?)
goddaughter Litt (?)
Ivy Mulroney (?)
?
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I doubt if Harry was given a choice. Supposedly William wanted to get married at Windsor but the government and The Queen told him it wasn’t befitting his place in the family.

I know some people are saying he chose Windsor for personal reasons but honestly I don’t think he had much choice. WA and ST Paul’s we’re out of the question.
I remember hearing that WA wasn't William's preferred venue at the time and I have to admit I was hugely disappointed with WA for their wedding because it somehow gloomed over the top of everyone and even the addition of full-grown trees did little to help.

At that time William was still very shy and a little awkward being in front of a lot of people and I think you have to be a bit larger than life to pull it off. Perhaps it was that Catherine's train was not as big as it could have been that made them look sort of lost standing in front. I don't really know, but I remember thinking that it was possibly also the way the Abbey is laid out. Cosy it is not!

Now when it comes to the Chapel (yeah right! more like a small cathedral!) it too definitely has its challenges but as Jack said, the advances in lighting and filming will greatly increase its visibility. And I am definitely on board for carpet on the stairs in front.

But above all, many, many things have changed since William and Catherine married at WA, and not for the better. Major tourist spots in London have a lot of obstacles installed in place and there will be even more as they continue to make it safer for tourists since they seem to be targeted by crazies as do authority figures such as the government.

That being said, I would imagine a full Royal Wedding London procession would be such a security nightmare as to be almost automatically ruled out for the foreseeable future. The burden on the police would be horrendous and I don't think it would be a picnic for any of the BRF travelling in flower-bedecked open Landaus.

We all now know that Windsor is a favourite of Harry and Meghan as they've spent a lot of time there. Great place to be alone and private but I think also, that Meghan has really tuned in to Harry and the family and the fact that she wishes to be baptised and confirmed into the CofE when she is not required to do so, speaks of a personal desire to be part of the faith and share in it with Harry. The church plays a large part in royal activities for obvious reasons but I believe this move is both personal and important to Megan.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:38 PM
Courtier

I always liked Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones' choice of three bridesmaids, all around 15 years old. Much better than toddlers and little children. I also believe Prince George, in such a big situation, would be very nervous; remember how he was when he started school; Charlotte seems a more robust character. Charles and Anne V2.

Louise could be one of the three, and I expect Meghan has probably got friends who have early-teen daughters.

That's just my guess.

Closed Thread