The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think we should know soon (week or two?) when and where.

I am pulling for The Abbey!

I'd like to see Clarence or something other than 'ex' in the title.

LaRae
Because of the continuing speculation Clarence will never be used again .

Meghan also has 2 god children and then there is the Mulroney kids as far as child attendants go .As far as adults on her side she was the MOH at her college BFF's wedding and then there is her niece who she is super close to .

Old 11-27-2017, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

Old 11-27-2017, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmmmmm curious.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling
That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:39 AM
Nobility

St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun
Old 11-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

There is absolutely no reason to avoid May as a month. Other royal couples have been married in May.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

As regards to April, the Commonwealth Games are in April next year in Australia. They run from 5th - 15th April so I would rule out any dates around then. Charles and Camilla are attending the games as is Edward.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post

My bet is on May for the wedding, with a very offside chance of really late April or early June. I was married in May over 30 years ago--it is a good month for a wedding.

Lent 2018 is over March 31, so no worries for May from the Church.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Majesty

Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’
Old 11-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’
The Archbishop of C. indicated they will be married in a Church too in his congratulation statement.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
That's the weekend of the Queen's birthday.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Theresa May's spokesman says "there are no plans for a bank holiday" to celebrate the wedding
Old 11-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGlendower View Post
St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun
Ditto! Sounds perfect
Old 11-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I really hope they marry at St George's Chapel as it is much more intimate. I feel Harry will follow in his uncle Edward's footsteps and be much more private with his life. Harry's children will not be Prince or Princess due to current Letter's Patent and I sincerely hope they do not change those to include Harry's children. Many other Monarchies limit the HRH style to the eldest children of the Heir Apparent and the rest are HH or not titled at all. I think this is the way forward.

In terms of attendants George and Charlotte are a given. Does Harry have any godchildren? I can see Savannah or Isla Phillips or Mia Tindall being chosen as they are the only "little girls" within the family and they always seem to have a family member or two in the mix. James, Viscount Severn will be 10 at the time so perhaps he's a bit "too old" to be chosen, which is why I think godchildren, if Harry has any, will be chosen.

Edit: I have just googled and I know Tiggy Legge Bourke's son Fred is one of Harry's godchildren but I believe he is about 15/16 so I might not count him as being chosen.
I agree Molly that if there is a St. George's wedding, that it will be very similar to Edward and Sophie's 1999 wedding.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla Tominey keeps saying that the wedding will take place before the Cambridge baby is born. But late March seems early, with the possibility of not so nice weather. So perhaps in late April after the baby is born.

Camilla's reasoning doesn't seem to hold much water. She speaks about it on the last part of this segment on Sky News:
Old 11-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Camilla Tominey keeps saying that the wedding will take place before the Cambridge baby is born. But late March seems early, with the possibility of not so nice weather. So perhaps in late April after the baby is born.

Camilla's reasoning doesn't seem to hold much water. She speaks about it on the last part of this segment on Sky News:
Ok, I listened to it. That is nuts!

Kate would not be bringing an infant to the wedding, so she would not be holding a baby while wrangling George and Charlotte.

(And a March wedding would be in the middle of Lent.)
Old 11-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Courtier

I would love to see an Abbey wedding. I've read the speculation that Harry will follow Edward's lead - but he could also follow Andrew's lead too...

I'd be very sad not to get the balcony kiss and the procession through the streets of London...

But whatever they think is best.

I wonder who will design her gown? And what tiara she will wear?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I am going with mid-late May. I personally think Kate is really due mid-late March. The palace always gives slightly off due month information to stem some of the media frenzy. May gives Kate time to recover and rest up.
No they don't . They were spot on with George and Charlotte, with Charlotte being a bit late as they had to extend that parking space thing in front of the hospital . I think Kate is due late April , going by when the announcement of the birth month was made and comparing that to how it went with the older children .
Old 11-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I would love to see an Abbey wedding. I've read the speculation that Harry will follow Edward's lead - but he could also follow Andrew's lead too...

I'd be very sad not to get the balcony kiss and the procession through the streets of London...

But whatever they think is best.

I wonder who will design her gown? And what tiara she will wear?
He could follow Andrew's lead but I have a funny feeling Harry is much more keen for a private life. After all he did release a statement asking the press to "back off", something Edward did as well in 1993.

Harry seems to me to be someone who likes his life to be private and will only share what he needs to share now. Their wedding, regardless of where it is, will be televised and a public affair, but I can also see Harry liking Edward's low key wedding and no balcony appearance.