The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post

Ya'll know I'm SO HAPPY about this part! I've been wishing and hoping for a long ride to the Chapel for Meghan that we get to see... I kinda hope for the same for William and Harry - even though they'll probably just walk over... but still...

Gosh I'm so excited!

I read about Doria riding in the car with Meghan and got SO EXCITED. . I was a little disappointed about her not having bridesmaids but I got over it when I realized her mom would be with her and would basically fulfill the matron of honor role. At least - that's what I think.

If Doria basically acted as a matron of honor, would that do away with her needing to get to her seat before the Queen's arrival? What did Pippa do when she came in with Kate? She would have been seated after the Queen, right? I guess this means Doria won't be walking down the aisle?

How ARE they gonna pull this off?

Doria is not riding to the church with her daughter. She is only riding as far as the castle. She will be staying with her daughter wherever Meghan stays the night before. I would assume Doria will then travel with the other guests from the castle to the wedding. Meghan will only be accompanied by her bridesmaids and page boys. Posibly her dad.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Pippa was part of the wedding party so she came in after Kate ..so that's a bit different than Doria's role.

Doria is going to be dropped off at the castle on the way over and the girls/boys in the party are going to be picked up by Meghan and all go over to the Chapel.

It's been said that Tom will walk Meghan down the aisle. KP released an official statement yesterday with all kinds of info.

LaRae
Yep - I realized after I caught up in the thread... I just couldn't wait to post I was so exicited..

You guys... it's happening!! It's not a drill! It's happening for real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Doria is not riding to the church with her daughter. She is only riding as far as the castle. She will be staying with her daughter wherever Meghan stays the night before. I would assume Doria will then travel with the other guests from the castle to the wedding. Meghan will only be accompanied by her bridesmaids and page boys. Posibly her dad.
Yep - I realized right after I posted. I posted another post saying so but I'm sure it got lost, lol.

I'm so excited ya'll.

*off to finalize deets for my viewing party!*

Old 05-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Yep - I realized after I caught up in the thread... I just couldn't wait to post I was so exicited..

You guys... it's happening!! It's not a drill! It's happening for real!
2 weeks from today!!!!!!!!

We will all be foaming at the mouth by the night before

LaRae
Old 05-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It should make for an interesting meet-the-parents thing in the week before the #royalwedding*:
Meghan: Harry this is my Dad, you’ve not met each other yet
Harry: Hi Mr Markle, meet my Dad. He’s heir to the throne & the next King
Meghan: Mom, this is Harry’s granny. Err, The Queen

Via Chris Ship Twitter

With the various kinds of video chats they certainly have had, it will be more like:
HARRY: Tom, I finally get to hug you properly. Granny will be here in just a moment. Father will be in later, but you met him yesterday at Clarence House.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Lady Lara Spencer is 12 years old. She would be old enough to help manage some younger bridesmaids. Savannah Phillips could also be old enough to be no trouble. She is 7 and a half.
I could see those two with Charlotte, Mia and 2 of Meghan’s friends kids. Then maybe George and Louis van Cutsem who are similar in age.
Meghan's friends mainly have girls, so no, we likely won't see that many girls from Harry's side. And I think we might see as few as four total bridesmaids and page boys since they will be riding with Meghan in the car. At max, it'll be six.

I will say though, I'm still a little uncertain about how this will work out with Meghan trying to manage all the kids in the car on her own. What if one of them decided they didn't like something and started throwing a tantrum? Or what if two of them get into a fight? There is just so many things that can go wrong. She's quite brave to try this out. NOT something I would trying out on the day I'm getting married.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I REALLY hope the wonderful Mia will be there !
Old 05-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Meghan's friends mainly have girls, so no, we likely won't see that many girls from Harry's side. And I think we might see as few as four total bridesmaids and page boys since they will be riding with Meghan in the car. At max, it'll be six.

I will say though, I'm still a little uncertain about how this will work out with Meghan trying to manage all the kids in the car on her own. What if one of them decided they didn't like something and started throwing a tantrum? Or what if two of them get into a fight? There is just so many things that can go wrong. She's quite brave to try this out. NOT something I would trying out on the day I'm getting married.
I think it is possible there will be a second car waiting at the castle for the attendants.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Yikes - or they get overly excited and puke all over the gown. I think O-H Anglophile has it right - a separate car for the little ones.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I REALLY hope the wonderful Mia will be there !
She is cute but I doubt it. It seems both page boys will be Harry's side. I guess they could pair Mia with one of Benita's daughters, but I have a feeling we will likely see both of Benita's daughters instead.

if only the same as the Cambridge I still think we will see:

Charlotte
Ivy
Benita's twins

George
Jasper Dyer

And possibly an older bridesmaid (teen). I'd love to see them use Lara as something different.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Yikes - or they get overly excited and puke all over the gown. I think O-H Anglophile has it right - a separate car for the little ones.
Or step on her dress and leave a foot print. Separate car is probably a good idea.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Do you believe that a lot of the reporters will refer to Meghan's mother as Mrs. Markle?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I really think there will be a separate car, lol. I can't imagine Meghan in a car with six kids and everyone staying calm.

Besides - I wanna see Meghan waving to the crowds and the kids in a separate car waving to the crowds.

Usually the bridal party arrives before the bride...

I can't remember if they usually arrive before the Queen? And then the bride is last to arrive?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you believe that a lot of the reporters will refer to Meghan's mother as Mrs. Markle?
Good question - I wonder if they'll just use her whole name? Maybe say, "Ms. Doria Ragland"? And then after say "Ms. Ragland"?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I doubt it. We have seen her in the press for months now, and Ragland has always been used. I don't see any reporters referring to her as Mrs Markle.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Majesty

There could be two Charlottes as flower girls side by side! Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge and Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer would be fun for the press.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
There could be two Charlottes as flower girls side by side! Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge and Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer would be fun for the press.
Highly doubt it. There are so many little girls to choose from, that age range, I don't think Charlotte Spencer has a chance of making the list. Lara has a better chance as there are few older options if needing help wrangling. Charlotte has to compete with Charlotte/Ivy/Benita's twins/Mia/Savannah/Isla/Maude and so on.

I think we will see a few of the Windsors as flower girls, but more likely for Eugenie. I could see her using Maude (who is her goddaughter) and at least one of the others.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Highly doubt it. There are so many little girls to choose from, that age range, I don't think Charlotte Spencer has a chance of making the list. Lara has a better chance as there are few older options if needing help wrangling. Charlotte has to compete with Charlotte/Ivy/Benita's twins/Mia/Savannah/Isla/Maude and so on.

I think we will see a few of the Windsors as flower girls, but more likely for Eugenie. I could see her using Maude (who is her goddaughter) and at least one of the others.
I agree about Maud for Eugenie's wedding. I don't see her for Harry's wedding. In fact, I'd put her behind Lady Charlotte. At least Earl Spencer is Harry's uncle. I've never gotten the impression that Lord Frederick and Harry were that close.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Its not always about who is close, but who works age wise, who can handle the pressure and so on. Not sure William chose Margarita, Eliza or even Louise due to how close he is to them. And while Earl Spencer is his Uncle, Harry hasn't been that close over the years. He didn't attend his Uncle's wedding to Charlotte's mother. I honestly don't think we will see any Windsors other then Charlotte and George. Eugenie is like Kate and Will, she is at an age where she doesn't likely have friends with kids old enough, and will look to family instead.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:53 AM
Courtier

Could James be a candidate for page boy?
Any of Camilla's grandchildren?
The queen's great grandchildren would be options.

I read that Harry doesn't just have one godchild.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Could James be a candidate for page boy?
Any of Camilla's grandchildren?
The queen's great grandchildren would be options.

I read that Harry doesn't just have one godchild.
I would be surprised if Camilla's grand children were included.

Closed Thread