The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Oh I so hope it's Meghan's father who walks her down the aisle....what better way to show up his son and eldest daughter as the liars that they are!!!! It will also show that their father has told the half-siblings absolutely nothing as it relates to the wedding.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

We know they are lying, even if Tom isn't at the wedding. There is no way Meghan would not have invited her father to attend. If he isn't there, it will be due to health reasons or such.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

What member of the Markle family do you think is going to be in the bridal party We're talking bridal party, not guest list.

They both do. If you saw her photos before she closed her social media, Meghan shares a very close relationship with the kids of her friends as well.
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I was being playful, but there is a chance, albeit a very tiny one, more like a 0.01% chance that her niece Ashleigh could be involved. Not saying this is going to happen, I am just tired of the markle clan rhetoric.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
No, I notice it whenever I see pictures from Edward and Sophie's wedding. It's ugly.
As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances.

I do hope Meghan's attendants are from her side as well as Harry's; I just find it so odd that Kate had only her sister and everyone else was from William's associates.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances.

I do hope Meghan's attendants are from her side as well as Harry's; I just find it so odd that Kate had only her sister and everyone else was from William's associates.
Not my favourite coach either but I understand that the carriage is closely assosciated with Windsor. You know what I would like? If they decorated the carriage with H&M's wedding flowers, kind of what they did when the Queen Mother had her 100th birthday! Like this!
https://www.google.com/search?q=quee...Y1zv0clpMSc0M:
Old 05-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Not my favourite coach either but I understand that the carriage is closely assosciated with Windsor. You know what I would like? If they decorated the carriage with H&M's wedding flowers, kind of what they did when the Queen Mother had her 100th birthday! Like this!
https://www.google.com/search?q=quee...Y1zv0clpMSc0M:
Ok, I agree. It's not as ugly that way.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Ok, I agree. It's not as ugly that way.
Can you imagine the carriage decorated with peonies, garden roses and foliage? Nice.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Can you imagine the carriage decorated with peonies, garden roses and foliage? Nice.
They better cover most of that thing with it.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You know what I would like? If they decorated the carriage with H&M's wedding flowers, kind of what they did when the Queen Mother had her 100th birthday!
Looks good.

And perhaps Lady Louise could drive the carriage
Old 05-02-2018, 11:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that would be quite neat if Louise drove them!

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Royal Highness

Okay, I looked at the carriage and I saw something very different then what has been said......I saw *ancient family history*, if I was Meghan, I would be so proud and joyful to ride in that coach......it is filled with history of the family she is marrying into first of all, it is filled with memories of long gone members who have been loved and cherished through time and not forgotten here.....it would be IMHO *A Honor* to ride in it for my wedding, so what is not to love here.........looks, then maybe some wedding flowers are the key......even if not, it is a joyous carriage to behold! Who here would not love to take a spin in it anytime........I get first dibs on that....
Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'll be right beside you. Hiding in your purse.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

One thing to keep in mind is that Will and Kate had been together so long there wasn't a clear demarkation between William's friends and Kate's friends, meaning a lot of the choices may have been for both of them. Plus it seems that Kate's side of the family didn't have a lot of little kids, and even their friends were either childless or had kids that were too young.

Due to the 7 year age difference between the ages Kate and Meghan got married (despite them only being born a few months apart), more of Meghan's friends have kids old enough to be in the wedding. Plus since, unlike Kate, Meghan hasn't been with Harry since college/for nearly a decade it is easier to classify friends as being "her side" vs. Harry's.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That is a wonderful idea! Hadn't thought of that!
Old 05-03-2018, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
. . . . . As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances . . . . .
I have to admit I was hoping it wouldn't be one of the Ascot Landaus and the only reason I can imagine both Edward and Harry selecting that is that they are the most comfortable landaus they have.

No flowers on Edward and Sophie's landau:

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...nce-edward.jpg

I think perhaps Tom Snr is coming to the wedding [...]

On the other hand, it's quite some distance between Mexico and the UK and a man in bad health could find it very difficult.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:38 AM
Nobility

I think I am getting impatient about the wedding party details being released as Iím basing it on William and Kate releasing that over 2 months before.

Perhaps they are trying to protect the privacy of the little ones involved as long as possible. Social media has moved on a lot since 2011.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

This makes me tend to think that private citizens/children will comprise part or all of the party and they want them left in peace before the wedding. If that is the case I think they could give the vital stats, say FoB, MoH, four flower girls and four page boys.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Nobility

Last year and earlier this year there were rumours Meghan wanted her mum to walk her down the aisle and was going to ask her to.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I think I am getting impatient about the wedding party details being released as Iím basing it on William and Kate releasing that over 2 months before.

Perhaps they are trying to protect the privacy of the little ones involved as long as possible. Social media has moved on a lot since 2011.
I don't need to know. The fact the media are already knocking on the door of her BFF Lindsay just validates the delay. I would guess most the bridal party is made up of Meghan's personal friends. These are people not in the royal or aristocratic bubble. Their privacy will be over the second the names are revealed. So don't. It is in 2 weeks. We can find out then. Or they might wait until they are all in the U.K. where they can be protected.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

I think the wedding party details will be revealed when all of them are in UK. The press is relentless, they'd harass them all wherever they could. Not everyone is prepared to take that all on.

Closed Thread