Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww my godparents read Song of Solomon at my wedding. Perfect for a spring wedding.

And isn't the Prince of Wales paying for it? Only security comes from public money.

Yes, the wedding is being covered by the family. Only security isn't.

The flowers are amazing. The arch is breathtaking :flowers:

I hope the floral arrangements seen earlier are also part of it. I was so happy to see the blue fox gloves in the earlier photo. It is nice to see a pop of color other then just white and blush in the flowers. Fox gloves were mentioned among the flowers that may be used from the estate so hoping true.

The DM will whine about anything they can. No surprise there.

So should we expect a backlash from Wales?

Nope .Methodists and my Calvinist brethren in the main churches just let the Anglicans get on with it since they latter stopped trying to make the former worship the same way as them (and the English Calvinists for the most part went off to North America ).Last 2 monarchs to try that lost his head (Charles I ) and his throne (VII and II)

There haven't been mass bands of iconoclasts entering England and smashing the altars since 1650

Last edited:
Patrick J. Adams captioned this picture "The Last Supper"----as in, before the wedding.

With most of the "crew" with Meghan in Windsor except Gabriel Macht and Jacinda Barrett:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi78A8clA3I/?hl=en&taken-by=halfadams

He also wrote this beautiful post on Twitter:

Awesome guy.

Interesting. Seems the Suits cast are likely staying near Harry tonight. The barn restaurant is located at Coworth Park, the hotel Harry is at.

https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/ascot/coworth-park/restaurants-bars/the-barn/

Photos of the floral arch being erected in the chapel.

PICTURED: Team of florists getting the church wedding ready with stunning floral arrangements | Daily Mail Online

(Sorry if this is a repeat - checked, but might have missed it, so many posts.)

Goooosh, THAT is an arch! WOW!!!
Can´t wait for the wedding!
BYe Bine

Patrick J. Adams captioned this picture "The Last Supper"----as in, before the wedding.

With most of the "crew" with Meghan in Windsor except Gabriel Macht and Jacinda Barrett:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi78A8clA3I/?hl=en&taken-by=halfadams

He also wrote this beautiful post on Twitter:

Awesome guy.

What a nice post - and a great pic.... incl baby.... :lol:

BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
So the day of the days has arrived. May all be great for them!

According to Twitter the Order of Service reveals that Henry will wear a wedding ring. I’m not sure how correct this is as surely like for William it would be placed on at the ceremony but he has since chosen to take it off?

I’m up early and specifically requested the day off so I could live blog! I’m so excited for this one!

One thing I noticed watching all the live feed is how annoying the planes are. I hope the couple have good luck tomorrow and not hear a lot of it.

Just catching up on some previous posts and saw yours jacqui24.

Prince Philip once said how bad they had become over the years. (He put it more forcefully than that.)

I did the Long Walk all the way once, and when you are at the end of it looking back at the castle you see how close Heathrow is. (And London for that matter - you can pick out various landmarks.)

Windsor must have been more of a haven decades ago before flying became so commonplace, and air traffic so heavy.

And from Cliveden's facebook -

I'd forgo room service/breakfast in bed myself -

https://m.facebook.com/ClivedenHous...698401286914533/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R

(And a message was posted on the 15th saying normal events were postponed this Saturday until 1.00pm, so privacy for the bridal party that way I guess.)

Last edited:
Some timings for today all in BST:

First glimpse of Meghan @ 11am.

11.25 the Royal Family arrive at the Galilee Porch.
11.42 Doria Ragland arrives at the Royal entrance to the chapel.
11.40 Harry and William will arrive at the West Door, followed by Prince Charles
11.52 The Queen arrives
11.59 Meghan steps out of her car (unless she is late!)

According to Twitter the Order of Service reveals that Henry will wear a wedding ring. I’m not sure how correct this is as surely like for William it would be placed on at the ceremony but he has since chosen to take it off?

William didn't receive a ring at the ceremony. He gave one to Catherine and that was it.

William didn't receive a ring at the ceremony. He gave one to Catherine and that was it.

Oh well now that makes sense! I have never quite understood the royal decision behind not wearing a band.

Edward VII and George V both wore wedding rings on their left ring fingers. I wonder why the tradition changed?

It hasn't really changed. Its a personal choice. Many upper crust men in the UK don't wear them. Seems to be seen as gaudy/new money by some.

Charles has worn one with both marriages. The only difference he wears it on his pinkie instead, and you cant see it, as he also wears his signet on the same finger. Like Charles, Andrew wore his on his pinkie before divorce. Edward wears one as well. Philip and William are the ones who don't.

Guten Morgen to my friends in Deutschland. You lot seem to be the first ones up.

I could hardly sleep, getting only a few hours here and there. YAY!!! It's wedding day.

I am off to bed. Its past midnight here. We will have to see if I wake up in a few hours to watch the wedding live, or not. If not, enjoy the wedding. I can catch up on all your comments while I watch the clips later.

Well if I do wake up in 3 1/2 hours, I have the day off and can sleep in this afternoon.

It hasn't really changed. Its a personal choice. Many upper crust men in the UK don't wear them. Seems to be seen as gaudy/new money by some.

Charles has worn one with both marriages. The only difference he wears it on his pinkie instead, and you cant see it, as he also wears his signet on the same finger. Like Charles, Andrew wore his on his pinkie before divorce. Edward wears one as well. Philip and William are the ones who don't.

Woke up early. I'm sorry and I don't want in any way to derail this thread, but I just think that is so weird!!!!!!!

But....it's logical the BRF do to not do things like us.

Carry on. :D?

Huh, it's almost noon here :) I'll go and buy some snacks. Unfortunately no wedding parties over there: I think I am the only one who is interested in whole my town, lol

CNN has been having women on talking about how Meghan is going to have to refrain from speaking out on so many things. They emphasized the traditionality of the royal family and theorized Meghan will have problems adjusting to that. She can't be an outspoken feminist in the Royal Family.

We'll see.

Some good shots of Windsor, though. :flowers:

Good wedding day morning!!! Italy is up too!!! (I've been up for a couple of hours...but I couldn't sleep actually...I kept on logging in to see if there was any update :lol: )

Good wedding day morning!!! Italy is up too!!! (I've been up for a couple of hours...but I couldn't sleep actually...I kept on logging in to see if there was any update :lol: )

Good morning Italy. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep. I can still try to get in an hour or two, but I'm already watching Sky News live on YouTube.

If CNN states one more time the BRF are over a thousand years old...........:bang::bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom