The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3621  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:27 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
No heís upset because only one outlet will be allowed to take the photos of Harry and Meghan leaving the church.
I think he is saying it isn't settled yet but possibly only one outlet. He wrote "its a bit of a stitch up at the moment" which I read to mean more or less up in the air/not settled.

This always happens though. Photogs complain because KP hasn't given out the information completely yet, but the actual event isn't nearly as bad for them as they make it seem.
__________________

  #3622  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:31 PM
hel hel is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 661
Another royal wedding invite has been spotted in the wild:

https://twitter.com/TrevDon/status/990362435704967168

Quote:
My friend is going to the "Royal Wedding" of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, so she showed me the invitation. It's surprisingly very plain and... ordinary looking. She said Harry is a very chill & regular kinda guy, no pretensions. I like that.
Trevor Donovan is a Californian actor who's two degrees of separation away from Meghan according to the Oracle of Bacon (has worked with a few actors who've worked with her), though the way he writes, it seems the friend going to the wedding is on Harry's side. With that said, he was also on 90210, so they're actually 1 degree separated.
__________________

  #3623  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Another royal wedding invite has been spotted in the wild:

https://twitter.com/TrevDon/status/990362435704967168



Trevor Donovan is a Californian actor who's two degrees of separation away from Meghan according to the Oracle of Bacon (has worked with a few actors who've worked with her), though the way he writes, it seems the friend going to the wedding is on Harry's side. With that said, he was also on 90210, so they're actually 1 degree separated.
Yes, I know who Trevor is. I watched 90210 and remember seeing Meghanís little part in the show.

Thereís so much going on right now, but the build up to the wedding is making me happy. Iím know I must be really exciting for those who got the invite.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3624  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:09 PM
MARG's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 10,082
I understand that only one media outlet will be set up inside St Georges so there is a real push to get an "original" photo.

The first photos of Harry Meghan on Christmas Day going to Church at Sandringham and the media were out in force, yet the photo that graced the front pages of many, many media outlets was from a local, Karen Murdoch who called out "Merry Christmas" and posted the perfect shot on her Facebook page.

To understand how important that photo was, the woman was interviewed and she told how excited she was and suddenly there was a gap and the two couples were clearly visible. She clicked and as a result and changed her personal circumstances considerably.

She has had her kitchen and bathroom retiled, etc, is getting new carpet and having her garden landscaped. She said they would also be able to get a dog! All of that and more came from the sale of that one photo to several media outlets because she had what they didn't and were willing to pay big bucks for.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #3625  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Isn’t it always only one media in the church and the live feed is sent to all channels? I thought the photographers are only allowed outside the church?
  #3626  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Isnít it always only one media in the church and the live feed is sent to all channels? I thought the photographers are only allowed outside the church?
I think youíre right jacqui and as Marg says, the rest will be outside trying to get the best money shot.
  #3627  
Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 PM
Royal Suitor's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Coast, United States
Posts: 241
Yes only one TV feed inside the church that will then be shared across all networks. No surprise there. Photographers are complaining because what they consider prime position outside in front of the chapel entrance is being reserved for Press Association photographers. So PA is likely to get the best shot of H&M exiting the chapel which history suggests will be the pic on the front pages. I think it's a fair complaint. Even at regular engagements different photographers see different things. Angles matters.
  #3628  
Old 04-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Yes only one TV feed inside the church that will then be shared across all networks. No surprise there. Photographers are complaining because what they consider prime position outside in front of the chapel entrance is being reserved for Press Association photographers. So PA is likely to get the best shot of H&M exiting the chapel which history suggests will be the pic on the front pages. I think it's a fair complaint. Even at regular engagements different photographers see different things. Angles matters.
IMO, the photographers always throw fits before events and then once the event gets closer or the day of, its never as bad as they made it seem.

It sounds like things are not settled yet. I am willing to wait and see. I bet they will have more than PA at the end of the day.

Although PA makes sense because of their global distribution.
  #3629  
Old 04-30-2018, 02:33 AM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I think he is saying it isn't settled yet but possibly only one outlet. He wrote "its a bit of a stitch up at the moment" which I read to mean more or less up in the air/not settled.

T
That's not what "it's a bit of a stitch up" means though. It means that there's something about this that doesn't smell right e.g. there's been some sort of influence used to secure the place where these photos are taken or the process by which this was decided was unfair somehow.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "manipulating a situation to one's advantage".

Doesn't sound like this has been handled very well at all. It's also disappointing IMO because the joy for those of us who can't be there of having many photographers is getting a variety of shots from lots of angles.

I fail to see why only 1 photographer would be allowed to take the pics of the couple leaving the church. How much difference would having say 5 photographers make? I've spent time inside Windsor Castle and the space outside the Chapel is not that small at all.
  #3630  
Old 04-30-2018, 03:27 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,637
He is saying 'at the moment', though. It will probably be sorted out satisfactorily. Photographers always seem suspicious that others are pulling rank ahead of themselves. I doubt that this is a personal decision of Harry and Meghan's though.
  #3631  
Old 04-30-2018, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Omid Scobie
@scobie
11h

Replying to @VWedderman


I can’t speak for the photogs but allocated media space in general is tight with the wedding being a slightly more intimate affair than W&K’s and the space needed for the 2,640 “golden ticket” guests etc. That said, all major outlets are getting some form of access

-------

This according to Omid. We all will be able to see it on TV, too, from multiple angles. There won't be just pictures from one angle.
  #3632  
Old 04-30-2018, 05:47 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Former Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,228
An interesting article from the BBC - it mentions the fact that councils have received hundred of applications for the closure of streets so that locals can hold street parties - and that there will be no fee due for the street closure:

Royal wedding: TV licence waived for community parties - BBC News
__________________
JACK
  #3633  
Old 04-30-2018, 09:28 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Member - in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 17,267
If there ever was a time and a place to be in the area for a party, this would be it. Oh to be younger again, in the UK and in a mood to party.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #3634  
Old 04-30-2018, 09:45 AM
MARG's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 10,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
That's not what "it's a bit of a stitch up" means though. It means that there's something about this that doesn't smell right e.g. there's been some sort of influence used to secure the place where these photos are taken or the process by which this was decided was unfair somehow.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "manipulating a situation to one's advantage".

Doesn't sound like this has been handled very well at all. It's also disappointing IMO because the joy for those of us who can't be there of having many photographers is getting a variety of shots from lots of angles.

I fail to see why only 1 photographer would be allowed to take the pics of the couple leaving the church. How much difference would having say 5 photographers make? I've spent time inside Windsor Castle and the space outside the Chapel is not that small at all.
No, just ensuring the safety of the bridal couple. With William's wedding it's all orchestrated because they've done all this before. They know every angle for WA, the carriage ride home and the obligatory 'balcony scene.

On Harry and Meghan' s first outing they came out of a building and the camera flashes totally blinded them. Harry shot his left hand in front of his eyes and his right grabbed Meghan's wrist. I think he wanted to ensure she didn't move any further because there was a very deep curb to step down onto the road right in front of them. Meghan could easily have fallen or broken her ankle.

The steps of St George's is where everything will play out. A defacto 'balcony' if you will, because after the carriages enter Windsor Castle. . . that's all she wrote folks. Unless we get a glimpse of the Reception Rooms.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #3635  
Old 04-30-2018, 03:06 PM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 640
Yeah, I very much doubt that 'safety' is at the heart of that decision and it's clear the other photographers don't byt that either.

A handful of photographers standing, what, 15-20 yards away on a bright May day is going to blind no one.

This sounds to me like a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' with the PA and/or its chosen photographer. I guess there's nothing wrong with that strictly speaking but it's somewhat short-sighted for the royals to do things like this.
  #3636  
Old 04-30-2018, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Yeah, I very much doubt that 'safety' is at the heart of that decision and it's clear the other photographers don't byt that either.

A handful of photographers standing, what, 15-20 yards away on a bright May day is going to blind no one.

This sounds to me like a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' with the PA and/or its chosen photographer. I guess there's nothing wrong with that strictly speaking but it's somewhat short-sighted for the royals to do things like this.
How is this you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours? What have they done to scratch Harry's back lately?This is no different than only BBC having cameras in the church and then give it to others. It's not like PA is getting an exclusive. ALL outlets will be given the same pictures. They are just throwing fits because that means no one will be making bank.
  #3637  
Old 04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,351
Only 19 days to go, and I am getting excited for our happy couple. Won't be long now and some of her friends and parents will start turning up. I hope they get a private tour of Windsor Castle. I also hope that H&M don't over do things and get some time to rest and relax before the big day.
  #3638  
Old 04-30-2018, 06:26 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
An interesting article from the BBC - it mentions the fact that councils have received hundred of applications for the closure of streets so that locals can hold street parties - and that there will be no fee due for the street closure:

Royal wedding: TV licence waived for community parties - BBC News
I am not really surprised. It is nice. I have seen many invitations across social media of so many parties on that day. Churches putting up screens. Some theaters are apparently showing it as well. Kind of wild.
  #3639  
Old 04-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I am not really surprised. It is nice. I have seen many invitations across social media of so many parties on that day. Churches putting up screens. Some theaters are apparently showing it as well. Kind of wild.
Me too.

Myself, I am having about 20 friends over to watch. Drinking champagne and eating lots of baked goods. Going to be a right rolling time
  #3640  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
PBS announces a 5-part special for the week leading up to the ceremony. Meredith Viera will report from London.

__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian austria braganza british royal family camilla castile charles congo coronation crown jewels danish royal family de la cerda dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex gemstones guzman hamdan bin ahmed henry viii history identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements mongolia mountbatten nara period need help noble families norway crown princely couple official visit orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai state visit st edward tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×