Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: He didn't say senior royals, simply royals.

One thing ALL of the couples had in common was a very heavy royal guest list. The main concern for a royal wedding, is the attendance of the royal guests with their work schedules. Zara and Peter had to consider the schedules and time of their grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins, as well as mother if they wanted them at the wedding.

Meghan and Harry will have regular guests as well who will have work schedules to consider. Meghan's guests will be coming from the US and Canada. Even more reason a weekend is a likely consideration for them.

There is also that it wont be a bank holiday. So they have to consider the security. Have to consider disruption in neighboring areas and businesses and so on. A weekend makes practical sense in this case as well.

The reality is since the 1980's, there has only been 1 royal wedding during a weekday and that was Will and Kate which was a bank holiday.

Maybe Dickie is getting forgetful?

LaRae

I often find that Dickie Arbiter makes mistakes, usually because he doesn’t want to be seen as not knowing the answer and so he just makes one up so as to have something to say. But I doubt he has many (if any at all) Royal sources left after his indiscretions since leaving royal service.

It makes sense for the couple to marry on a Saturday but the public have come to expect a bank holiday and I sense the government may have to give in. Unless they want to be seen as killjoys. Oddly it’s just become something most British people associate with a royal wedding.

I think them getting married on a Saturday is pretty likely. I also think it may be the weekend before or after the Royal Windsor Horse Show (a.k.a Saturday 5th May or 26th May which are both bank holiday weekends) as Windsor Great Park will be full of stalls before the RWHS and just after it. The reason I say this is because Meghan may drive through Windsor Great Park to the chapel to enable the public to catch a glimpse of her. Sophie drove through Windsor Great Park with her dad too.

The 18th could work too.

LaRae

This is so exciting to see Harry getting married. I’m very happy for the young lad. To be away from all the speculation of who he’s going to marry, when and where is a major burden off royal watchers shoulders.

I’m sure it’s a major relief for him as well, lol.

Last edited:
Windsor Horse show is 9-13 this year. So that rules out weekend of the 12-13. Leaving three weekends in May. May 5 might be okay as long as Kate is due towards the beginning of April. If she is due later in the month, that may cause issues. The weekend of 19-20 or 26-27 make the most sense. Both a good length after the Windsor horse show so the wedding plans can be done in the city for wedding route. And well after baby Cambridge makes his or her entrance. Both are also a nice length from all the June events, so the couple can take a nice honeymoon and be back for everything.

The not getting married on a Saturday used to be a posh people thing - only "common" people married on Saturday because they and their guests had to work on a week day. Times have moved on.

Windsor Horse show is 9-13 this year. So that rules out weekend of the 12-13. Leaving three weekends in May. May 5 might be okay as long as Kate is due towards the beginning of April. If she is due later in the month, that may cause issues. The weekend of 19-20 or 26-27 make the most sense. Both a good length after the Windsor horse show so the wedding plans can be done in the city for wedding route. And well after baby Cambridge makes his or her entrance. Both are also a nice length from all the June events, so the couple can take a nice honeymoon and be back for everything.

Yea, Trooping isn’t until the 9th, a good two weeks after the last weekend in May, and Royal Ascot is after that. They can still do the 26th and be back from honeymoon for Trooping. The only problem is that I think the 26th has rehearsal for Trooping for the troops, some of which will be involved in the wedding. And Sunday is obviously out. So my guess would be the 19th or 28th, which is already a bank holiday. More l leaning towards 19th since 28th is a Monday bank holiday rather than Friday, which means people can go back or recover the next day instead of going to work. Although, 26th would’ve been really great day as that would’ve been Memorial Day weekend for US and those that want to use this as a reason for a vacation can take one less day off.

Last edited:
Yea, Trooping isn’t until the 9th, a good two weeks after the last weekend in May, and Royal Ascot is after that. They can still do the 26th and be back from honeymoon for Trooping. The only problem is that I think the 26th has rehearsal for Trooping for the troops, some of which will be involved in the wedding. And Sunday is obviously out. So my guess would be the 19th or 28th, which is already a bank holiday. More l leaning towards 19th since 28th is a Monday bank holiday rather than Friday, which means people can go back or recover the next day instead of going to work. Although, 26th would’ve been really great day as that would’ve been Memorial Day weekend for US and those that want to use this as a reason for a vacation can take one less day off.

Compared to continental royal honeymoons 2 weeks would be rather short (although to me it seems reasonable) - but William went back to work on Monday after their wedding on Friday, so it's up to them. It would be nice if they would be around for the June events.

Compared to continental royal honeymoons 2 weeks would be rather short (although to me it seems reasonable) - but William went back to work on Monday after their wedding on Friday, so it's up to them. It would be nice if they would be around for the June events.

They could do as William and Kate, and put off their actual honeymoon. Will and Kate did fly up to Scotland the day after their wedding. If Harry and Meghan don't want a rushed honeymoon they could do the same. Spend a few days after the wedding in the country, and then wait on a honeymoon. The royals don't do a lot of duties in the summer time, and it might be a better time for a longer honeymoon.

:previous: He didn't say senior royals, simply royals.

Yes, but it was on Twitter where you have to condense sometimes! ?

Windsor Horse show is 9-13 this year. So that rules out weekend of the 12-13. Leaving three weekends in May. May 5 might be okay as long as Kate is due towards the beginning of April. If she is due later in the month, that may cause issues.[...] And well after baby Cambridge makes his or her entrance. Both are also a nice length from all the June events, so the couple can take a nice honeymoon and be back for everything.

No matter when, it's going to be tough on Catherine and the Cambridges in May. Even if her baby is born at the beginning of April, they will all be pretty exhausted and I'm sure that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will be involved in the ceremony so rehearsals etc. will have to be done and their mum most likely won't be able to go with them. Plus, they will have had quite a few exciting/tiring/confusing weeks with the new baby at home! It would have been nice if they could have waited another month: much more enjoyable for the Cambridges. I know they have all kinds of help, of course, with nannies, etc., but they are clearly very involved parents. I just hope the Duchess doesn't feel the pressure of losing weight so soon oafter giving birth just for this wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this was discussed with the Cambridges to work out all the timing.

LaRae

No matter when, it's going to be tough on Catherine and the Cambridges in May. Even if her baby is born at the beginning of April, they will all be pretty exhausted and I'm sure that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will be involved in the ceremony so rehearsals etc. will have to be done and their mum most likely won't be able to go with them. Plus, they will have had quite a few exciting/tiring/confusing weeks with the new baby at home! It would have been nice if they could have waited another month: much more enjoyable for the Cambridges. I know they have all kinds of help, of course, with nannies, etc., but they are clearly very involved parents. I just hope the Duchess doesn't feel the pressure of losing weight so soon oafter giving birth just for this wedding.

Honestly, if they had to pick the most convenient times for everyone, they'd never get married. They likely already took the Cambridge baby's due date into account when they set the date already. I think it's a bit unfair to ask the couple to put off even more time as there are a lot of events planned in June already. After that, HMQ and Duke of Edinburgh are off to Balmoral.

Catherine has plenty of help between the Nannies and her mother. I am sure she will manage just fine since she personally will not be in the wedding. With the schedules for the Queen and all the other members of the BRF, it would seem that May was the best month to schedule the wedding, so there we are. It’s not just up to the couple getting married in this situation.

My thoughts too. Another month would be much better. I can see head lines about Kate’s weight etc. yes she will have nanny but she is the one breastfeeding all day and night it could be only 2 weeks after the birth . I really think they should think of Kate and Will and make it June/ July

Kate's a trooper. She probably won't have to do anything at the wedding except be a guest. Whomever the maid/matron of honor will corral the kids in the wedding party.

Plus they do have nannies to help with the kids.

LaRae

My thoughts too. Another month would be much better. I can see head lines about Kate’s weight etc. yes she will have nanny but she is the one breastfeeding all day and night it could be only 2 weeks after the birth . I really think they should think of Kate and Will and make it June/ July

I've heard she is due early April....but who knows.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it's their day and they've clearly already taken things into consideration, but they have to consider more than just Kate.

It’s not that simple. The month has been set and that is that. It’s not going to be changed for the Cambridge’s, nor would they expect that. Kate will be fine. She can use a breast pump when she can’t nurse or sneak away when she can. It’s all manageable with the right planning in place, which is what the RF does best.

I am sorry but I think its a bit much to ask that they book entire months off to accommodate Kate. Its one thing to make sure its not when she is due or in weeks around, but another to have to give her months to recover. This isn't her first pregnancy, and as you said, she has a lot of help.

What is important is it is Enjoyable for the couple who are getting married. :flowers:

Meghan should wait on her wedding so Kate doesn't worry about looking fat :ohmy:

Honestly :bang: The wedding month has been announced, they are not going to reschedule it now. They chose May, knowing full well when Kate was due, which it sounds like early April anyways. June is a hard month with way too many events going on. And July the queen isn't in London.

But shame on them for not planning their entire lives around Kate. Perhaps they should wait until fall when Kate is off maternity leave. Or later, because they wouldn't want to take away from christening.

Kate made her first public appearance after Prince George was born 5 1/2 weeks after his birth. She'll be fine.

We don't know her exact due date and the royal family does, so I guarantee it's been taken into account.

Kate's a trooper. She probably won't have to do anything at the wedding except be a guest. Whomever the maid/matron of honor will corral the kids in the wedding party.

Plus they do have nannies to help with the kids.

LaRae

I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesn’t help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.It’s a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding I’m not blaming Meghan for this as I’m sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.

I'd always had the thought in my head that they'd marry in May, take a few weeks for a honeymoon and then be front and center for all the wonderful events in June.

After all of that is over, its just about time for the Queen to head to Balmoral and the rest take their summer breaks. Harry and Meghan will have the big part of that summer to just settle into married life without a lot being put on their shoulders to do. I would expect that by fall, we'd have an announcement of some of the charities and organizations that Meghan has decided to support.

That's the beauty of a May wedding. All hustle and bustle getting ready for it with a period of active representation as a married couple with the family and then a period of "ahhhhh... now we can relax a bit" during the summer. :D

I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesn’t help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.It’s a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding I’m not blaming Meghan for this as I’m sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.

I think people have correctly thought of who they need to think of :whistling:

Fortunately this isn't Kate's wedding and unlike Pippa, she wont be maid of honor either. Her body will not be on showcase.

Attention will rightly be on the bride and those involved. :flowers:

I also think its a bit rude to assume Meghan and Harry didn't 'consider' anyone else in the matter.

What fog needs to go for Kate to attend a wedding just as an observer? It's not even like Pippa's wedding where she was not a matron of honor, but definitely helping with different things. She just needs to show up. I'm pretty sure they already thought of Kate by avoiding April, which is complete understandable. Honestly, if Kate is ok with letting the world press photographing her the day after she gives birth, she'll be fine with getting photographed a month or so after giving birth. They are thinking about who needs to be thought about for a wedding the day, the bride and the groom.

Last edited:
I think people have correctly thought of who they need to think of :whistling:

Fortunately this isn't Kate's wedding and unlike Pippa, she wont be maid of honor either. Her body will not be on showcase.

Attention will rightly be on the bride and those involved. :flowers:

I also think its a bit rude to assume Meghan and Harry didn't 'consider' anyone else in the matter.

Her body not be on show !!!!!!! The carry on at the moment ... is there a bump yet ? How big is she ?? Etc etc. if you think the only photos will be Meghan you will be very wrong unless we don’t see any photos as they have her sneaked in the side door

Didn't Prince Carl Philip of Sweden marry his fiancee Sofia only a very short time before his sister Madelaine was to deliver a child? The Cambridge baby may well be four or five weeks old when Harry and Meghan get married. Surely they aren't expected to wait until Harry's sister in law gets her figure back!

If this wedding was scheduled for the middle of August disrupting the annual holiday of a very elderly couple I could understand it, but delaying because Kate and William, who have a great deal of household help plus Carole, might have a bit of stress over a new baby? Everybody in the senior ranks of the BRF was consulted about this May wedding schedule, I am sure, and it was agreed to.

Didn't Prince Carl Philip of Sweden marry his fiancee Sofia only a very short time before his sister Madelaine was to deliver a child? The Cambridge baby may well be four or five weeks old when Harry and Meghan get married. Surely they aren't expected to wait until Harry's sister in law gets her figure back!

If this wedding was scheduled for the middle of August disrupting the annual holiday of a very elderly couple I could understand it, but delaying because Kate and William, who have a great deal of household help plus Carole, might have a bit of stress over a new baby? Everybody in the senior ranks of the BRF was consulted about this May wedding schedule, I am sure, and it was agreed to.

Yes, Madeleine gave birth two days after the wedding. She was literally ready to pop at the wedding.

And yes, the entire family and their schedules would have been consulted in all of this. There is more then the Cambridges to be considered. Like the queen and Prince Philip who spend the summer in Scotland, and who in their 90's, are more of a consideration then Kate. Like Charles who has a busy schedule. Like the couple themselves and perhaps some of Meghan's guests.

Last edited:
Her body not be on show !!!!!!! The carry on at the moment ... is there a bump yet ? How big is she ?? Etc etc. if you think the only photos will be Meghan you will be very wrong unless we don’t see any photos as they have her sneaked in the side door

There will always be mentions. The bride can handle her own. As can Kate.

Deep breath. Thank you! :flowers: Everything will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom