Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Oh good grief. Its like attributing the snubbed Markle attitude onto anyone not invited to the ceremony.

To be honest, I don't think those that weren't invited in spite of a minor bloodline connection would feel left out, snubbed, or anything other than happiness that the wedding did happen. Some people are just mature that way. ;)

It is not a matter of bloodline connection, but one of respect for the Royal Family as an institution. The third cousins weren’t invited either to Charles and Camilla’s blessing, but what is shocking in this case is that they are not invited while pop stars and celebrities with superficial connections or no connection at all to the groom are.

what is shocking in this case is that they are not invited

According to the gutter press ONLY, who have no certain information on whom is invited and whom is not..
Would it not be sensible to 'wait and see', rather than rush to judgement ?

Well, that is not the perception of the British press. The overall impression is that the whole wedding preparation is a mess and quickly descending into chaos, nevermind the Markles who are a continuous source of negativity. The whole debacle casts a shadow on Clarence House and Kensington Palace and on how they run things, compared to the smooth operation of Buckingham Palace as seen at William and Kate’s wedding.

And we all know just how the British press operates ............they are one to the very last ones to tell the truth or trust on anything royal....have seen it for decades now and they have not for one second changed their attitude or their morals.

Beside the British press does not speak for everyone in Britain, they are just a mouth piece shouting lies and negative stories to cause trouble, such is the media world wide these days. If more people could just realize that the media is a tool to manipulate the public into their way of thinking instead of doing the job of reporting the *real* news.

The Markles is just an example of how the media uses people day in and day out......so the soap opera continues with the blessing of the media as always.

It is not a matter of bloodline connection, but one of respect for the Royal Family as an institution. The third cousins weren’t invited either to Charles and Camilla’s blessing, but what is shocking in this case is that they are not invited while pop stars and celebrities with superficial connections or no connection at all to the groom are.

I don't agree with this. Perhaps only just from my personal perspective. I would first and foremost include my sister at the top of my list despite there being no blood relations really between us over my own children solely because of personal closeness. Its a matter of personal preferences when it comes to denoting "closeness" in a relationship.

Connections may seem to be superficial to outsiders looking in but the reality is that its their choices to make. ;)

A personal statement from Meghan has been released:

In an extraordinary move Meghan made a personal statement to millions around the world and said: 'Sadly my father will not be attending our wedding, I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
'I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday'.

Lots of celebrities was also invited to Charles and Camilla’s wedding blessing as well. It’s those folks who support their charities. In Meghan’s case, some who she’s worked with.

Official confirmation on attendance will on Saturday.

I totally agree!

It's not like they had no room. They could easily have added several more, since the chapel holds 800. Family, even distant family, should take precedence over mere acquaintances, imo.
(With the sole exception of toxic family, like the Markles).

After all, Harry and Meghan are going to see his relatives on a regular basis, for the rest of their lives. They probably seldom, if ever, will see the cast of SUITS.

As for wait and see, so far no one has refuted the story to say that they are invited. So I'm accepting that it's true, and I think it's shameful. :sad:

Last edited:
Well, you know, it is their wedding and they can do exactly what they want

To a certain extent only. Even if it is not an official state event, a royal wedding is never 100 % private. Harry still represents the Royal House and everything that he does in public affects the Royal House’s image. So there are certain rules to be followed even if they want to add a personal touch as CP and Sofia did in Sweden for example.

Last edited:

Lord knows that’s the truth!

My sister is getting married later this year and she’s already let us know that not all family members are invited. It’s her and her fiancé’s wedding and they can do what they want.

I totally agree!

It's not like they had no room. They could easily have added several more, since the chapel holds 800. Family, even distant family, should take precedence over mere acquaintances, imo.

After all, Harry and Meghan are going to see his relatives on a regular basis, for the rest of their lives. They probably seldom, if ever, will see the cast of SUITS.

As for wait and see, so far no one has refuted the story to say that they are invited. So I'm accepting that it's true, and I think it's shameful. :sad:
That’s quite unfair to compare the distant relatives to people Meghan has been close to for 7 years. The “regular” contact is about twice a year with dozens of people in the same room. Those unfamiliar will probably share nothing more than hello and goodbye and some small pleasantry. Suits cast has been Meghan’s second family and she is still in regular contact with some that she was extra close to. They probably know more about her than some distant cousins of Harry’s know about him.

To a certain extent only. Even if it is not an official state event, a royal wedding is never 100 % private. Harry still represents the Royal House and everything that he does in public affects the Royal House’s Image. So there are certain rules to be followed even if they want to add a personal touch as CP and Sofia did in Sweden for example.

I’m sure if the Queen said they’d have to squeeze in some of her distant relatives, it can be accommodated. If she doesn’t see the need, who are we to say the rule is to invite ALL of the distant cousins?

Last edited by a moderator:
To a certain extent only. Even if it is not an official state event, a royal wedding is never 100 % private. Harry still represents the Royal House and everything that he does in public affects the Royal House’s Image. So there are certain rules to be followed even if they want to add a personal touch as CP and Sofia did in Sweden for example.

I would think that if it was the "image" of the Royal House of Windsor that was of utmost concern in the matter of wedding invites, between Harry and Meghan, The Queen and The Prince of Wales, they would have deemed it necessary to include any people not invited to attend.

Its impossible for me to believe that anyone in the Royal House of Windsor would be doing anything with this wedding without a lot of thought of implications real or imagined to affect their "image". These are not people that do anything by half measures or without careful looking down the road at things. :D

The Today Show just posted this awesome video on twitter about rehearsals in Windsor, the flowers, the whole processional preparations, etc..

I really enjoyed it - they showed them rehearsing with the carriage Harry and Meghan will process in after the wedding.

Edited to correct the link - it's the right video now!!

Last edited:
That’s quite unfair to compare the distant relatives to people Meghan has been close to for 7 years. The “regular” contact is about twice a year with dozens of people in the same room. Those unfamiliar will probably share nothing more than hello and goodbye and some small pleasantry. Suits cast has been Meghan’s second family and she is still in regular contact with some that she was extra close to. They probably know more about her than some distant cousins of Harry’s know about him.

That (SUITS) was just an example.

How often does Harry see Elton John? Or the Beckhams, or the Spice Girls, or any of a hundred other invitees?

I don't see any valid reason to leave out his cousins.

The cast of Suits are Meghan's actual friends. Of course they were invited. As well as her other friends.

Of course they were invited

Her 'side' of the aisle would have been awfully empty without them...[friends or not]..

Kensington Palace (twitter) is posting gorgeous pictures of the rehearsals happening (or that happened) this morning in Windsor... and along the Long Walk.

I'm getting really excited - my favorite part of royal weddings are the arrivals and the processionals - the drama of it all is just something to behold.

Just think - in 2 days (OMG!) we'll be watching as the bells toll, Prince Harry and Prince William leave their lodging and head to the Chapel... and Meghan and her mom head to Windsor Castle...

I'm very excited. I'm going to ignore the "noise" and focus on the grandeur and excitement building for the wedding day.

Here is the tweet - with pics!!
Also rehearsals are happening with the choir in the Chapel... I think these happened yesterday?

Link showing the processional route Harry and Meghan will take after the ceremony:

And this is sweet... Meghan's high school in CA is going to host a viewing party the day of the wedding so the kids can come and watch if they want to:

The excitement is building up as we get nearer to the actual ceremony. I loved seeing the video posted of the rehearsals and the hustle and bustle in and around Windsor itself and I can imagine those already camped out for the best viewing spots are definitely in a party mood. Thanks for the video Fashion Maven!

Crowds have been camping out for days in Windsor and this is only the rehearsal. Brits don’t care? Pah!

I totally agree!

Meghan probably saw more of the cast of Suits in one week than Harry saw of these relatives his entire life. So I don't care. Let them invite who they want. It is their wedding.

Harry and Meghan just arrived to Windsor Castle, FYI.

:previous: ooh, any links? I'm searching Twitter but not seeing anything.

I'm going to be so unproductive today at work.

ETA: Just saw it on Rebecca English's page.

Meghan probably saw more of the cast of Suits in one week than Harry saw of these relatives his entire life. So I don't care. Let them invite who they want. It is their wedding.

And on that note, let's move on from the analysis regarding Harry's distant cousins - we can discuss relationships between members of the Royal Family in the relevant thread.

Here is Harry and Meghan. Nice to see her smiling.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdZmBTwX4AUC7ax.jpg:large

Just think about all the drama and vitriol from family that has preceded this, and here we have a lovely photo of Meghan and Harry, smiling, relaxed, and going to rehearse their wedding--which is still taking place, which will still be wonderful, and which will drown out most of the negativity.

They tried, but ultimately the negative elements had no power, and they are already in the process of becoming an unimportant footnote.

I hope.

I'd just like to say that everyone who calmed me down and assured me that a wedding at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle would be epic, gorgeous and absolutely majestic - THANK YOU.

I'm so excited - this will have the pomp and circumstance that I was so looking forward to!

Also - there is a shot in that DM article ACO posted of Meghan and she looks gorgeous. So happy for her.

Just think about all the drama and vitriol from family that has preceded this, and here we have a lovely photo of Meghan and Harry, smiling, relaxed, and going to rehearse their wedding--which is still taking place, which will still be wonderful, and which will drown out most of the negativity.

They tried, but ultimately the negative elements had no power, and they are already in the process of becoming an unimportant footnote.

I hope.

I couldn't agree more. I think the Harry&Meghan sighting today of both of them looking relaxed and Meghan looking RADIANT will go a long way toward completely erasing all of this pre-wedding drama.

Unimportant footnote is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom