Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, is the wedding going to be broadcasted inside the chapel? I was wondering if we get to see only outside or we get to see their vows live...

From what I know, there will be live coverage from inside St. George's Chapel of the entire ceremony. We'll see it all. :D

That's my understanding too...we will see everything inside during the wedding.

LaRae

Love the wedding party, so many kids! Having many children at your wedding makes it a more joyful event, lot's cuteness overload! Can't wait to watch the wedding on my TV.

BTW, is the wedding going to be broadcasted inside the chapel? I was wondering if we get to see only outside or we get to see their vows live...

Oh, we get to see the whole shindig. There would be no other way. :lol:

I love that there will be so many little children! I imagine we will see the two Litt girls with 2 smaller girls each to hold hands with then George paired with Jasper and the two Mulroney boys paired up.

I love that there will be so many little children! I imagine we will see the two Litt girls with 2 smaller girls each to hold hands with then George paired with Jasper and the two Mulroney boys paired up.

Yes, it could be really fun, or---not. Personally, I would never count on a 2 year old (prime tantrum age) to behave. If I were the child's mother, I would be so anxious, and then embarrassed. However, not my wedding, so I don't get a vote! They will be awfully cute together.

This is a personal observation, and obviously not necessarily reflective of the 'wider' mood in the UK [and beyond], but amongst my friends, family, colleagues and acquaintance, and amongst my Social media 'friends', there has been a marked 'change of tone' of late.

Previously 'those that cared' or were interested in the Wedding [a majority], were excited and full of anticipation, and 'happy' for the couple..
Now they are weary and WARY, wanting it 'to be over with'...There is a palpable sense of unease and uncertainty, even [amongst some] of foreboding...
None of this is the fault of of the couple themselves or the BRF, and less to do with the 'minor' Markles [most have NO idea who Samantha even is]. It is the antics of Markle Sr who is responsible for this obvious pall.
I'm old enough to remember quite a few BRF weddings, and, although [in retrospect] all was not 'comme il faut', in some cases, I have never registered any level of disquiet prior [even] to the ceremony itself... Today, there IS.

It is very sad, that one individual [and SO close to a principal party] as contrived to 'take the shine off' what ought to be a joyous occasion...

Last edited:
This is a personal observation, and obviously not necessarily reflective of the 'wider' mood in the UK [and beyond], but amongst my friends, family, colleagues and acquaintance, and amongst my Social media 'friends', there has been a marked 'change of tone' of late.

Previously 'those that cared' or were interested in the Wedding [a majority], were excited and full of anticipation, and 'happy' for the couple..
Now they are weary and WARY, wanting it 'to be over with'...There is a palpable sense of unease and uncertainty, even [amongst some] of foreboding...
None of this is the fault of of the couple themselves or the BRF, and less to do with the 'minor' Markles [most have NO idea who Samantha even is]. It is the antics of Markle Sr who is responsible for this obvious pall.
I'm old enough to remember quite a few BRF weddings, and, although [in retrospect] the 'all was not well', in some cases, I have never registered any level of disquiet prior [even] to the ceremony itself... Today, there IS.

It is very sad, that one individual [and SO close to a principal party] as contrived to 'take the shine off' what ought to be a joyous occasion...

This is my general feeling also. I was used to Sam's shenanigans, but this whole issue with her father has left a sour taste in my mouth. I think that Harry and Meghan have a huge battle on their hands in dealing with her family in the future. Unfortunately, I don't think they will go away until Tom Sr. passes. I hate saying that, but it's the way I feel about the situation right now.

Tomorrow is the rehearsal for M and H's wedding, right?

I'm old enough to remember quite a few BRF weddings, and, although [in retrospect] the 'all was not well', in some cases, I have never registered any level of disquiet prior [even] to the ceremony itself... Today, there IS.

I think the feelings of weariness and unease are quite understandable - I have felt it myself these last few days.

I can only describe my own feelings on the matter and will try...

In spite of month and months of reading and hearing all the rubbish coming from Samantha and Tom Jr, I don't think anyone could have envisaged what's been happening the last week or so, how it all seems to have come to head just days before the wedding, confusing and conflicting reports about Tom Jr, Samantha's involvement and possible influence on her father, his state of health, will he or won't he be at the wedding etc etc

It gives me the feeling of just wanting to get to the Wedding Day without any further trouble - lets just get to Saturday and all will be well. I'm afraid until Saturday comes, we have to sit it out, wait and hope Tom Sr is OK in his health and ride the storm until it's over.

Let's also remember that Meghan has conducted herself throughout all this with great dignity, hasn't said anything, done anything, kept her distance from the problem and in my mind all this stuff has nothing whatsoever to do with her. I say let the Markles get on with it and concentrate on what we're actually interest in: the royal family and the monarchy.

[Tomorrow is the rehearsal for M and H's wedding, right?]

I don't know if they have released that or not?

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my general feeling also. I was used to Sam's shenanigans, but this whole issue with her father has left a sour taste in my mouth. I think that Harry and Meghan have a huge battle on their hands in dealing with her family in the future. Unfortunately, I don't think they will go away until Tom Sr. passes. I hate saying that, but it's the way I feel about the situation right now.

They cannot isolate him from that family but they can remove the immediate threat of the paps from hounding him. The other problem will be what other plans does Sam have up her sleeve. I fully believe she was the mastermind behind the pap scheme.

Tomorrow is the rehearsal for M and H's wedding, right?

I'm not sure if there is going to be a rehearsal. I think they have a few meet and greets with family and friends. Then Meghan and her mom are off to their hotel on Friday. Not much time to do a rehearsal. Maybe perhaps just practicing with the little ones.

I can't wait to see the Meghan's dress as well as what the bridal party will wear.

I thought something was up when I saw snaps of Jessica's Mulrooney's entire family....I am bit surprised that all three of her kids are in the ceremony but that's nice.

Title is the last big announcement I wager.

Wedding rehearsal tomorrow!

Yes, I think wedding fatigue is to be expected with what the soap opera that's been going on. The Markle shenanigans can do all they want but at the end of the day...the focus on Saturday will be on Harry and Meghan.

ETA: Also it looks like Doria is traveling light...one suitcase...one carryone! She must be having an extended weekend and back to LA.

Let's keep Sam out of this thread. If you wish to discuss her, or her role in the pap phots, please take it to the Family thread.

We may be lucky to see some photos of Harry and Meghan at the wedding rehearsal when they arrive!

On Friday, the floral decorations for St George's chapel might start appearing to - My big hope is that we will see some sort of canopy and/or carpet outside the entrance to the Chapel or maybe an archway or flowers or something.

Do we know when the rehearsal is?

LaRae

Thank you all for answering my question! I'm happy they will broadcast everything inside the chapel, it will be great to hear and see their vows and the whole ceremony.

I thought something was up when I saw snaps of Jessica's Mulrooney's entire family....I am bit surprised that all three of her kids are in the ceremony but that's nice.

Title is the last big announcement I wager.

Wedding rehearsal tomorrow!
May I ask where I can see Jessica Mulrooney's snaps? I'm curious to see their children. I'm not familiar with the bridal party except Charlotte and George of course.:flowers:

Did Catherine had a rehearsal for her wedding? I don't remember...But for a wedding a rehearsal is a must, especially when you have a bridal party. My aunt had kids for her bridal party and she did a rehearsal. Last year I was a bridesmaid and my friend did a rehearsal with me and fellow bridesmaids. I truly believe there will be one for Meghan, besides, the kids need to practice before the big day.:D It's going to be fun.?

I certainly hope there will be some kind of formal rehearsal, perhaps two, with all those under eight year olds and for Doria to at least get some idea of what will occur.

Thank you all for answering my question! I'm happy they will broadcast everything inside the chapel, it will be great to hear and see their vows and the whole ceremony.

May I ask where I can see Jessica Mulrooney's snaps? I'm curious to see their children. I'm not familiar with the bridal party except Charlotte and George of course.:flowers:

Did Catherine had a rehearsal for her wedding? I don't remember...But for a wedding a rehearsal is a must, especially when you have a bridal party. My aunt had kids for her bridal party and she did a rehearsal. Last year I was a bridesmaid and my friend did a rehearsal with me and fellow bridesmaids. I truly believe there will be one for Meghan, besides, the kids need to practice before the big day.:D It's going to be fun.?

Check out the Daily Mail. I read it for the pictures.

Royal wedding: Meghan Markle gives friends' children a starring role | Daily Mail Online

I mean this article is pretty ridiculous.

? pandemonium

That had me laughing out loud, I can't wait for the wedding now, this is going to be so much fun with all these children in it, wonder who will run off with the bouquet and hide behind the alter.......all these children in cute clothes and seeing new things will make them go off in so many different directions.....pure fun at that age and who can blame them...??

Do we know when the rehearsal is?

LaRae

Since everyone is arriving today (the Mulroneys and Doria all just touched down), I imagine the rehearsal will be tomorrow. There will be so many last minute things to take care of on Friday, so I don't see them holding rehearsal that day.

Yeah..I'm wondering how the little little ones will do (2 yr olds).

LaRae

Even small weddings have rehearsal so I can’t imagine a wedding of this size with his many moving parts wont

EVERYTHING will be rehearsed until it 'works like clockwork'..

Have you EVER seen a BRF occasion where it does not ?

Maybe they will have more than one...

LaRae

:previous: Possibly, but I don't know how they'd find the time. The bridal party just touched down, so that would rule out today, but I can see them doing it tomorrow. Friday everyone will be running around taking care of any last minute things they need, so it might be hard to schedule the time.

If I remember correctly, William and Kate only had one rehearsal (they held it 2 days before the wedding).

Last edited:
That had me laughing out loud, I can't wait for the wedding now, this is going to be so much fun with all these children in it, wonder who will run off with the bouquet and hide behind the alter.......all these children in cute clothes and seeing new things will make them go off in so many different directions.....pure fun at that age and who can blame them...??

Maybe Harry will have a pocket full of wiggly worms again. That went over big with a wee one at W&K's wedding. :D

I'm sure there'll be minders in inconspicuous places that will grab the children and remove them to a different room during the actual ceremony as children that age would find it impossible to just sit still through the ceremony. They are just going to make the wedding though I think.

I'm not sure if there is going to be a rehearsal. I think they have a few meet and greets with family and friends. Then Meghan and her mom are off to their hotel on Friday. Not much time to do a rehearsal. Maybe perhaps just practicing with the little ones.

I think there are always rehearsals. Who walks in where & when, who stands where, the order of the service, practicing the walk up the aisle with a stand-in train & or veil.

IIRC, at least a few royal weddings there have had multiple rehearsals, although most don't include the bride and groom. The musicians, clergy and people who will serve as ushers, assistants, etc. run through again and again so they can easily and smoothly keep everything moving correctly on the day. Then the "main cast," so to speak, seem to generally have one or two rehearsals to learn their part once the others have their roles down pat.

I seem to recall an interview in which someone close to the Charles and Diana wedding said that royal brides often have practice trains made up so they can rehearse walking with such a massive amount of fabric dragging behind (not to mention turning at the end of the ceremony without tripping or twisting up too much before their attendants can straighten everything out), and that some manage to get a little practice time on their own in the wedding venue. That seems wise to me. I had the shortest of trains on my wedding dress and I remember being surprised at how odd it felt to walk in it. I can't imagine how distracting and heavy the really long ones must be.

At this point, perhaps my biggest hope that Saturday shows us a larger than expected number of family members we've never heard of, relatives from Doria's side whose presence can bear testament that Meghan has a family aside from the loudmouths and the whiners and the show-offs.

And, on a purely superficial level, I hope that at least of them are old-school, hat-wearing church ladies who will show up and show out in the best way. A certain segment of African-American churches have a great hat-wearing tradition, and I would just love to see women who've mastered that style occupy common ground (and hold their own) with British wedding guests in general and royals in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom