Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not surprised at all if it’s indeed true that the children and grandchildren of the Kents and Gloucesters aren’t invited. I predicted that some time ago in this thread. When they said only 600 guests in the chapel it seemed obvious that the whole royal family would not be in attendance. Harry and Meghan have shown they wanted a slimmed down wedding so why invite grooms relatives he only sees once a year.

I am not surprised at all if it’s indeed true that the children and grandchildren of the Kents and Gloucesters aren’t invited. I predicted that some time ago in this thread. When they said only 600 guests in the chapel it seemed obvious that the whole royal family would not be in attendance. Harry and Meghan have shown they wanted a slimmed down wedding so why invite grooms relatives he only sees once a year.

I thought the Kent and Gloucester kids would go (not so much the generation after them) as they all grew up with William and Harry and even Peter Phillips invited them to his. Oh well, we might see Ella and Freddie Windsor at least at the next wedding as Eugenie went to Freddie's wedding and is reported to be godmother to his daughter.I really hope so as I will miss seeing this part of the family on Saturday. And as far as how often they see them, they are close enough for Prince Charles and William to have helped out when Sophie Windsor was sick recently so these are not very distant relatives.I think this whole wedding is just one big confusion when it comes to what family members are being asked. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry feels he can't have loads of family there because there are so few coming from Meghan's side due to all her family difficulties.Shame.

In all my conversations with anyone about this royal wedding I have never heard one person speak ill of Meghan's race. I don't think it is an issue at all.
Most people are positive. I have heard people wonder how Meghan will cope, not being British, and with the changes she will need to make in her freedoms. Every newlywed needs to adjust to their new life but Meghan will be in the public eye.
The Markles are proving mean, outspoken and giving plenty of reason for some to question the suitability of a member of their clan. It is unfair to label Meghan similarly but I don't see any racism.

In all my conversations with anyone about this royal wedding I have never heard one person speak ill of Meghan's race. I don't think it is an issue at all.
Most people are positive. I have heard people wonder how Meghan will cope, not being British, and with the changes she will need to make in her freedoms. Every newlywed needs to adjust to their new life but Meghan will be in the public eye.
The Markles are proving mean, outspoken and giving plenty of reason for some to question the suitability of a member of their clan. It is unfair to label Meghan similarly but I don't see any racism.

She has proved to have estranged herself from many of those dysfunctional family relations, so (at least for me) that is good enough proof that she is nothing like those persons.

I cannot wait to see sweet little Charlotte in her dress :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great list of bridesmaids and pageboys!

Another Van Cutsem----little Grace was such a hit at the flyover following the Cambridge wedding and here we are with her little sister. LOVE IT:)

Great list of bridesmaids and pageboys!

Another Van Cutsem----little Grace was such a hit at the flyover following the Cambridge wedding and here we are with her little sister. LOVE IT:)

Florence van Cutsem is Grace's cousin - their fathers (Nicholas and Hugh, respectively) are brothers.

How often does he see the Spencers , who we know have been invited ? Or the Linleys or the Chattos, who might have been invited, but we are not sure ?

JessRulz: Thanks for the correction! In royal weddings, as in baseball, you need to know the players AND their positions :)

Maybe I should move this question to the Meghan’s citizenship and religious conversion forum, but I wonder how Meghan could have been someone’s godmother if she was not baptized. At least in the Catholic Church, one has to provide proof of a valid baptism to become a godparent. I would assume the same is true in mainstream Protestant churches (e.g. Anglican or Lutheran), isn’t it ?

Aww this list is adorable! 5/5 split. No real surprises. It’s going to be madness.

There is something else to consider in all this--if it is true that Sr has a heart blockage and is having a procedure for it--heart disease can cause confusion and impaired thinking. Which could explain some of this mess.

Oh yes, true. Sometimes personality changes due to lack of oxygen to the brain. However, he understands, knows, and remembers what he is doing.

Aww this list is adorable! 5/5 split. No real surprises. It’s going to be madness.

I Agree, Aco! We should all be in for a few laughs and lots of adorable cuteness on Saturday. :lol:

That is a great selection of bridal attendants, the oldest seven, the youngest two! Boy, are they going to cause a riot!

If true I am very surprised. Traditionally members of the extended BRF attend weddings involving members of the Queen's family. 600 guests are a lot, not inviting Kents or Gloucesters doesn't cut the guest list much. There were only 500 guests at Sophie & Edward's wedding but the relatives were there. Nor do H&M have the same monetary consideration normal folks do when making a guest list, paying for the guest's dinner.

And to nitpick-at least twice a year, Trooping the Colour and the Queen's Christmas lunch. That's more than I see some of my relatives who would still be invited to a family wedding.

Last edited:
How often does he see the Spencers , who we know have been invited ? Or the Linleys or the Chattos, who might have been invited, but we are not sure ?

The Spencers are aunts, uncles and cousins who we know Meghan has met. The Gloucester and Kent children and grandchildren are second and third cousins. To me that is the difference.

If true I am very surprised. Traditionally members of the extended BRF attend weddings involving members of the Queen's family. 600 guests are a lot, not inviting Kents or Gloucesters doesn't cut the guest list much. There were only 500 guests at Sophie & Edward's wedding but the relatives were there. Nor do H&M have the same monetary consideration normal folks do when making a guest list, paying for the guest's dinner.

And to nitpick-at least twice a year, Trooping the Colour and the Queen's Christmas lunch. That's more than I see some of my relatives who would still be invited to a family wedding.

I'm also surprised, and very disappointed.
People like the Beckhams are invited, and not Harry's cousins?

How does the Daily Fail know who has been invited to the wedding and who missed out? Surely it's pure guesswork on their part isn't it?

Yay!!! I’m really surprised how many they choose, but I guess they didn’t want to leave out the kids they are close to, and boy there are lot. :lol:

And, yea, the age and number of kids? Good luck to Meghan keeping them in line walking down the aisle. :lol:

The Spencers are aunts, uncles and cousins who we know Meghan has met. The Gloucester and Kent children and grandchildren are second and third cousins. To me that is the difference.

And Meghan met all the Gloucesters and Kents on Dec 20, 2017. But I don't know why they couldn't be invited even if Meghan hadn't met them.

Last edited:
How does the Daily Fail know who has been invited to the wedding and who missed out? Surely it's pure guesswork on their part isn't it?

IDK, I can see some of the minor royals being miffed they were not invited and letting it be known.

But then again, Sabastian Shakespeare is not the best source even for the DM.

Maybe I should move this question to the Meghan’s citizenship and religious conversion forum, but I wonder how Meghan could have been someone’s godmother if she was not baptized. At least in the Catholic Church, one has to provide proof of a valid baptism to become a godparent. I would assume the same is true in mainstream Protestant churches (e.g. Anglican or Lutheran), isn’t it ?

I did research about it for Harry Potter fansite (when we tried to find what church Harry was christened into with Sirius Black as his godfather, and where is his godmothers for C's sake? )
Godparents in Church of England have to be baptized (confirmation is not necessary). And there have to be three godparents minimum, so question about Potter's church and his other godparents remains unanswered.

Yay!!! I’m really surprised how many they choose, but I guess they didn’t want to leave out the kids they are close to, and boy there are lot. :lol:

And, yea, the age and number of kids? Good luck to Meghan keeping them in line walking down the aisle. :lol:

She has to have someone helping her...right? I can't imagine it will be only her to coral the kids. That sounds like a supremely bad idea.

I'm also surprised, and very disappointed.
People like the Beckhams are invited, and not Harry's cousins?

When I think of cousins, I think of people like Zara Tindall and Lady Kitty Spencer. While I’m surprised about Freddie and Ella, I think it’s not odd to think that someone would invite those they know socially instead of their second and third cousins. I don’t even know who is my second or third cousin. At that point, it’s pretty far.

I did research about it for Harry Potter fansite (when we tried to find what church Harry was christened into with Sirius Black as his godfather, and where is his godmothers for C's sake? )
Godparents in Church of England have to be baptized (confirmation is not necessary). And there have to be three godparents minimum, so question about Potter's church and his other godparents remains unanswered.

Some times folks are Godparents and it has nothing to do with organized religion.

One of my Godmothers is not Catholic (I am), but is still my Godmother. I actually know a lot of people who name folks their kids' Godparents and it having nothing to do with a formal religious ceremony, just a role people play in folks lives.

She has to have someone helping her...right? I can't imagine it will be only her to coral the kids. That sounds like a supremely bad idea.

I’m just going with the fact that she has no maid or matron of honor. Who else is going to be walking down the aisle? Unless when KP said she’s has a number of close friends she didn’t want to choose from means they are all going to walk down and keep an eye on the kids, which I doubt. :lol: Maybe they are expecting the older kids to keep an eye on the younger, but they are still young kids at 7 or 8. :lol:

I’m just going with the fact that she has no maid or matron of honor. Who else is going to be walking down the aisle? Unless when KP said she’s has a number of close friends she didn’t want to choose from means they are all going to walk down and keep an eye on the kids, which I doubt. :lol: Maybe they are expecting the older kids to keep an eye on the younger, but they are still young kids at 7 or 8. :lol:

Honestly, since 3 of the kids are Mulroney's, it wouldn't surprise me if Jessica is assisting with the kids (or Benita or both), but just are not named in the party.

Expecting 5 year olds or a 7 year old to behave at this kind of event is wishful thinking in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom