Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why her mother shouldn't just walk with Meghan to the aisle. Her mother is important to her, never sold her out and they're extremely close.

Feel so sorry for Meghan all this necessary upset days before her wedding.

A Man that won, and accepted Emmy's for his work in Hollywood.. he isn't a publicity 'novice' by ANY means...

That's just plain inaccurate. Emmy for lighting is not even broadcasted. It's one of the awards they gave out before the show officially begins.

I don't doubt that this is new territory for him and it's difficult. His shows were never subjected to the intense level of scrutiny or much paparazzi at all. Married with Children wasn't even on the air anymore by the time this new generation of paparazzi exploded. And General Hospital actors certainly didn't have any paparazzi issues. And by the time Meghan started dating Harry, he was already living in Mexico.

And yes, you can say we all know how bad it is. Knowing and living with it is different. All of sudden things that you never thought much of or even realized you were doing are being photographed and picked apart.

But as a parent, he needs to understand that whatever pressure he feels, his daughter is under much greater pressure. As a parent, he shouldn't have done this to her days before her wedding. Take the heat and suck it up instead of putting it all on your daughter and add fuel to the fire. It's extremely selfish for him to pull this stunt because he's embarrassed by his own actions.

Last edited:
If Meghan wants her mother to walk her down the aisle I don't think anyone, including the RF and the Queen, will mind at all.
That said I think it would be nice, if they don't do that, for Charles to walk her down the aisle.

May her younger uncle Joffrey Ragland walk her? Are they close?

If Meghan wants her mother to walk her down the aisle I don't think anyone, including the RF and the Queen, will mind at all.
That said I think it would be nice, if they don't do that, for Charles to walk her down the aisle.

I think it'd be very sweet if Charles walked her down the aisle. A further sign of support from her in-laws.

I've always hoped that Charles might end up walking her down the aisle. It would be such a sweet gesture of support. And it certainly looks as though there is room in her life for a loving and supportive father figure.

I've always hoped that Charles might end up walking her down the aisle. It would be such a sweet gesture of support. And it certainly looks as though there is room in her life for a loving and supportive father figure.

In think she will either walk in with her mother or ask some male member of her family to give her away. Her uncle could be a possibility. Is he even invited to the wedding ?

:previous: I was wondering about that, as well. We're not getting much information about Meghan's friends and family attending.

In a different thread, its been reported that Charles and Camilla landed by helicopter at KP today. To me, it seems that both Charles and Camilla may have come by KP to be part of a support system for Meghan and Harry amid all the turmoil they've been going through leading up to the wedding.

It would be sweet if Charles could walk Meghan up the aisle should Doria not do that honor. It would be a definite shout out that Meghan is family and that they have her back and support her when she needs it.

As time passes, it gives more and more credence to the statement Harry made around the holidays about Meghan now having the family she's never had before. The Markle side has turned out to be a three ring circus.

In think she will either walk in with her mother or ask some male member of her family to give her away. Her uncle could be a possibility. Is he even invited to the wedding ?

Not sure who on Meghan's side, friends or family, will be there. Was wondering about the uncle myself.

KP has released a statement.

Who Will Walk Meghan Markle Down the Aisle? | PEOPLE.com

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”

The BBC's headline is still that "Mr Markle may not attend the wedding", i.e., despite KP's statement, they are still considering it is now uncertain whether he will attend or not.

It looks fairly likely Prince Harry will NEVER meet his [soon to be] Father-in-law..

There are families that are so dysfunctional it is better to keep your distance.

LaRae

In a different thread, its been reported that Charles and Camilla landed by helicopter at KP today. To me, it seems that both Charles and Camilla may have come by KP to be part of a support system for Meghan and Harry amid all the turmoil they've been going through leading up to the wedding.

It would be sweet if Charles could walk Meghan up the aisle should Doria not do that honor. It would be a definite shout out that Meghan is family and that they have her back and support her when she needs it.

As time passes, it gives more and more credence to the statement Harry made around the holidays about Meghan now having the family she's never had before. The Markle side has turned out to be a three ring circus.

Yeah, I thought it was weird that they landed at KP and not Clarence but just chalked it up to maybe KP being the Coptor Lansing zone.

I am beginning to think there was a crisis management meeting with all hands on deck.

The BBC's headline is still that "Mr Markle may not attend the wedding", i.e., despite KP's statement, they are still considering it is now uncertain whether he will attend or not.

I don't think it's is a despite. It's a matter that KP has not confirmed. When KP talks about this deeply personal moment, what exactly are they talking about? He's not coming or her family drama that she has to deal with days before her wedding? Meghan had the rug pulled out from under her. This is a classic example of a parent not get their **** together and the child has to be the parent.

Poor Meghan this is just awful for her. I can't imagine my wedding day without my Dad at my side. I think Prince Charles will give her away. The media have been relentless in their hounding of her Dad and Mum. So sad.

My spidy sense was tingling from day one with Mr Markle. They whole thing seemed off. Harry not meeting him.

I’m starting to think he didn’t want to go to the wedding in the first place. By staging such obviously fake photos he knew he’d get caught.

This gave him a way out. I believe he has issues we know nothing about. Sad way for it to end.

My spidy sense was tingling from day one with Mr Markle. They whole thing seemed off. Harry not meeting him.

I’m starting to think he didn’t want to go to the wedding in the first place. By staging such obviously fake photos he knew he’d get caught.

This gave him a way out. I believe he has issues we know nothing about. Sad way for it to end.

Oh you've got to be kidding me. We are onto conspiracy theories now? If he didn't want to go, all he had to do was say no.

May her younger uncle Joffrey Ragland walk her? Are they close?

Would he want the attention that would focus on him? This isn't a quiet family wedding with a few photographs. It is an international event broadcast around the world.

I think it'd be very sweet if Charles walked her down the aisle. A further sign of support from her in-laws.

I agree. The best thing would be for a brother on an uncle to do it, but that is of course out of the question.

If she doesn't want to walk alone I hope it's the PoW.

I feel terrible for Meghan.:sad:

If I wasn't exactly a fan before, I am now after weeks of reading about the Family From Hell!:bang:

He decided, after lengthy talks with several people involed in the arisen Dutch situation, to stay away from his daughter's wedding. Out of respect for her and her future position, if I recall correctly. Her mother was also not present.
That's partly why she cried so severely during Adios Noñino.

But she and Willem-Alexander entered both their civil and church ceremony together. That is custom in The Netherlands.

Sad for her but she overcame that and is embraced by the Dutch people.

Think I will keep my smart ass comments about Rihanna to myself.......just wonder if she would wear clothes to Harry and Meghan's wedding or not........:lol::lol:

Oh you've got to be kidding me. We are onto conspiracy theories now? If he didn't want to go, all he had to do was say no.

If this is his way out, I hope the press respects that and leaves him be. I'm sorry but I doubt anyone is begging for news about him. The press only used the Markles to embarrass Meghan with their antics. They paid and subsidized their foolishness.

Exactly. This is confirmation bias rearing its ugly head.

Meghan has a wonderful group of people around her to support her. That is what is the most important.

Exactly. This is confirmation bias rearing its ugly head.

Meghan has a wonderful group of people around her to support her. That is what is the most important.

Charles and Camilla visited KP this morning. I'm glad they are supporting them.

You know what....it may turn out to be for the best! We had earlier whispers of Meghan wanting her mother to walk her down the aisle and make the speech at her own wedding. It may turn out that she will get exactly that!

If this is his way out, I hope the press respects that and leaves him be. I'm sorry but I doubt anyone is begging for news about him. The press only used the Markles to embarrass Meghan with their antics. They paid and subsidized their foolishness.

It's a coward's way to behave. I couldn't believe that KP's statement still included that Meghan and Harry continue to ask for his privacy. Let him fend for himself at this point. You can't save someone when they don't learn from their mistakes. Not only will this bring on added scrutiny to him, but his has put all the consequences of his own actions on his daughter on her wedding day all because he's embarrassed by his own behavior, which he should be btw.

Harry and Meghan aren't no where close to my favorite British royals, but I have to feel sorry for her. She has already faced so much criticism and problems even within her own family and this is most definitely not helping that situation. Her father is not walking her down the aisle, when I here this sentence I think of a comedy/soap opera not of a royal wedding. This is Meghan's long-awaited entrance into the RF and her father is casting a shadow that will be very evident on the big day. If this is on purpose and the story is true, shame on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom