Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: THE WEDDING OF HRH PRINCE HENRY OF WALES AND MS. MEGHAN MARKLE

On the night before their wedding, Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will stay at separate hotels in the Windsor area.

Prince Harry will stay at the Dorchester Collection's Coworth Park. His Royal Highness will be joined by his Best Man, the Duke of Cambridge.

https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/ascot/coworth-park/

Ms. Markle, accompanied by her mother, Ms. Doria Ragland, will stay at Cliveden House Hotel, on the National Trust's Cliveden Estate.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cliveden

New info!

LaRae

Not gonna lie. The first thing I did is go to Google Maps and see how long the drive is. 9.1 miles!!!!!!????:D:D:D:D

:previous: Those are both lovely properties, and should make for gorgeous footage of them both leaving for St. Georges on Saturday.

The trickle of last minute wedding information has begun!

They really are beautiful, and should be very picturesque for any footage of them leaving for the wedding.

What is nice about this information is that if both Harry and Meghan are spending the night before the wedding at different hotels, this means that not only will we see Meghan and her mother travel to the Castle before the ceremony but also Harry and William. This makes the arrivals before the wedding even more public inclusive.

Wow. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there's less than a week to go for the big day. It seems like only yesterday we were anxiously awaiting news of an engagement. :D

Not sure how far Coworth Park is (Jacqui?) or how Harry/William are getting to the Church...but that will be a nice 10 min or so car ride for Meghan!

LaRae

If my brain actually has enough caffeine powering it, I seem to remember in an article here somewhere it stated that both Harry and William will walk from Windsor Castle to St. George's Chapel.

It looks like the Castle will actually be a midpoint for both Harry and Meghan on Saturday.

Cliveden is very lovely, but terribly grand [My parents has their Golden Wedding shindig there].
Interestingly it has STRONG connections with the USA, since it was once the home of Nancy Astor..

Last edited:
Not sure how far Coworth Park is (Jacqui?) or how Harry/William are getting to the Church...but that will be a nice 10 min or so car ride for Meghan!

LaRae

It's about 7 miles. It's likely they'll drive to the Castle and then walk over to St. George's.

Cliveden is very lovely, but terribly grand [My parents has their Golden Wedding shindig there].
Interestingly it has STRONG connections with the USA, since it was once the home of Nancy Astor..

It's all terribly grand to me!

We do have a grand house here in the U.S. that is well known, Biltmore House in North Carolina. Famous 'country house' built and owned by the Vanderbilts in the 1800's. Still a privately owned house...they do tours and events there.

Visit Biltmore House & Gardens | Biltmore

LaRae

Why has Harry to spend the night before the Wedding in a Hotel? There are enough rooms at Windsor that he could spend the night there.

Both hotels are absolutely lovely. I am a little surprised that Harry (and William) aren't staying close to home at the Castle, though.

Why has Harry to spend the night before the Wedding in a Hotel? There are enough rooms at Windsor that he could spend the night there.

Possibly to allow him to drive to the castle along the long walk?

The poor people along that stretch will be camping out and it'd be nice for them to catch a glimpse of Harry and William on their way to the wedding.

The poor people along that stretch will be camping out and it'd be nice for them to catch a glimpse of Harry and William on their way to the wedding.

Agree. I think this is one way for the public that lines the street to see as much of the couple as possible on the day.

They could also take the same route to the Chapel the Couple will take after the wedding back to the Castle.

Go inside The Royal Kitchens at Windsor Castle as Royal Chefs prepare for The Wedding of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle.

Read: https://bit.ly/2ICF6Fz

'The couple have been very involved in every detail of it', says Head Chef Mark Flanagan, who reveals that much of the produce used in the kitchens is seasonally-led, sourced from farms around the UK and off The Queen's Estate at Windsor.

You can also see how Pastry Chef Selwyn Stoby makes his delicious chocolate truffles – a favourite dessert served at receptions throughout the year at Windsor Castle.

Touch more info!

LaRae

Not gonna lie. The first thing I did is go to Google Maps and see how long the drive is. 9.1 miles!!!!!!????:D:D:D:D

:lol:?:D Thank you for that Jacqui! That means AT LEAST a 15 minute drive if they are going at average speed (50km/h app.) This is SO exciting.

:lol:?:D Thank you for that Jacqui! That means AT LEAST a 15 minute drive if they are going at average speed (50km/h app.) This is SO exciting.

Google maps has the estimated time at 25 minutes based on normal speed. I think it'll be slower for at least parts of the drive on the day though!!!! :D:D:D And of course, what I've listed is the fastest route. That might not be the case for them as Doria will have to be dropped off and they can adjust the route accordingly.

Meghan is staying with Doria, is her father joining them?

Last edited:
I was just wondering that. Where will Mr. Markle stay? I’m surprised he wasn’t included in the press announcement. Perhaps a hotel of his own choice? Maybe with William and Harry? The man do need to get to know his son-in-law. We know Mr. Middleton stayed at the Goring Hotel with Catherine, Carole, Pippa and James.

Last edited:
He may be staying in the same hotel as Meghan. I'm sure Doria will be near her daughter too.

I doubt he’s staying with William and Harry. It would have been announced, just like they did for Doria. He wasn’t mentioned at all.

Maybe he’s staying in a hotel at the airport.

Last edited:
He may be staying in the same hotel as Meghan. I'm sure Doria will be near her daughter too.

I doubt it. If they put him up in the Castle, it'll allow him to avoid most of the crowd that day.

I was just wondering that. Where will Mr. Markle stay? I’m surprised he wasn’t included in the press announcement. Perhaps a hotel of his own choice? Maybe with William and Harry? The man do need to get to know his son-in-law. We know Mr. Middleton stayed at the Goring Hotel with Catherine, Carole, Pippa and James.

I'm not surprised. I had a suspicion that her dad wouldn't be staying at the same place when it was announced Doria will ride over with her. It'd just be odd for him to ride over by himself. Michael Middleton was a different situation as he was the one that rode over to WA with Kate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps Mr. Markle will stay at Windsor.

Why would her father be joining them?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom