Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan was raised in an Episcopalian family. It is said she went to church with both parents, and her father's family is Episcopalian. One of her uncles is a bishop in the church.

Not a criticism but I personally have never heard or read anywhere that Meghan ever attended church with her dad or that he was a church goer. So please correct me if I’m wrong. I know she went to a catholic school, and that her weekends at college/Uni were usually spent attending church services out of campus with a fellow student whose parent happened to be the pastor. Meghan’s mum is member of an unconventional church the Agape. I know this because that was where she met her childhood boyfriend, someone she spoke about and the guy himself said they dated briefly during summer camp organized by the Agape, and that she used to attend church services. Nothing about Thomas Markle Sr ever attending a church service with Meghan though.

By the way none of Meghan’s paternal uncles are bishops of the Episcopalian Church.:ermm: Her Uncle Frederick Markle is the leader of the Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church in America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the comments from Mike Tindall. I didn't realise that he and Zara were close to Harry too - IIRC they're also friendly with William. Perhaps he's hinting that his daughter Mia will be in the bridal party? ;)

James Corden Will Attend Royal Wedding and Both Receptions

James Corden Will Attend Royal Wedding and Both Receptions | TMZ.com

Interesting. I can imagine that there will be a lot of members of American showbiz (despite the fact James Corden is British - though he lives in America and focuses his career across the pond now) present at the wedding. Due to her acting background Meghan probably knows a lot of other actors and actresses/TV hosts from meeting at awards etc.

Last edited:
James Corden’s sister works with a charity the Cambridges are involved with. Not surprised he sent a gift to Prince Louis.

Not really surprised he’s been invited to the wedding.

Loved the comments from Mike Tindall. I didn't realise that he and Zara were close to Harry too - IIRC they're also friendly with William. Perhaps he's hinting that his daughter Mia will be in the bridal party? ;)

Harry is extremely close to Zara and Mike. He is actually close to all of his cousins it seems.

Do you believe that any of the press will refer to Meghan's parents as Mr. and Mrs. Markle?

Is it correct that Queen Elizabeth II will be the last Royal to arrive at St. George's Chapel?

No, the press has been referring to them as Mr. Thomas Markle and Ms. Doria Ragland. I doubt if any will refer to them as Mr. and Mrs. and if they do, they deserve to be verbally throttled.

HMQE II is always the last to arrive. The only person that would enter after her is Meghan and her father while walking down the aisle.

Not a criticism but I personally have never heard or read anywhere that Meghan ever attended church with her dad or that he was a church goer. So please correct me if I’m wrong. I know she went to a catholic school, and that her weekends at college/Uni were usually spent attending church services out of campus with a fellow student whose parent happened to be the pastor. Meghan’s mum is member of an unconventional church the Agape. I know this because that was where she met her childhood boyfriend, someone she spoke about and the guy himself said they dated briefly during summer camp organized by the Agape, and that she used to attend church services. Nothing about Thomas Markle Sr ever attending a church service with Meghan though.

By the way none of Meghan’s paternal uncles are bishops of the Episcopalian Church.:ermm: Her Uncle Frederick Markle is the leader of the Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church in America.

From a quick google search:

Her mother, Doria Ragland, is Protestant and her dad, Thomas Markle, is Episcopalian – the US branch of the Anglican church.

What is Meghan Markle's religion and why has she been baptised? | Metro News

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...igion-Jewish-Catholic-prince-harry-engagement

Plenty of others. It was confirmed by Samantha that her father was Episcopalian when everyone was claiming he was Jewish. There were stories when they first started dating, that she went to church with her dad. Though those stories claimed it was a synagogue.

So yes, episocopalian is part of her background/family. But as shown several pages back, it was the archbishop who suggested he be involved.
I am thinking he may not wear a uniform, which will make me very sad. If he does, I think his own regimental one would make the most sense.

It is pretty traditional for those who served in the military to wear their uniforms. Charles didn't for his second wedding, but for his first. Edward went through training but he never served.

I don't see Harry breaking this tradition. He lives and breathes the army. He served including tours in Afghanistan. And is now dedicated to Invictus and walking with the wounded.

It doesn't seem a question will he wear an uniform. Just which uniform.

No, the press has been referring to them as Mr. Thomas Markle and Ms. Doria Ragland. I doubt if any will refer to them as Mr. and Mrs. and if they do, they deserve to be verbally throttled.

Did Prince Harry and Meghan together issue a declaration that Meghan's parents be referred to as Mr. Thomas Markle and Ms. Doria Ragland?
Also is it required that Doria is always referred to with the title of Ms.?

I don't think Harry and Meghan made any declarations about what to call her parents. To quote Harry's words "her mom's amazing." The press just began to refer to her parents that way.

'Ms.' is the formal title given to women over the age of 25, I think. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on the age. Doria is also a divorced woman, so 'Ms.' seems the most appropriate.

Sorry, I don't know much about military uniforms, but can someone kind here show me pictures of the possibilities Harry might wear on his wedding day? That way, when I see the wedding on TV I would know which one he wears.

re posts 4211 and 4212: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...uggestions-and-musings-43846.html#post2105372. From the KP Press release: "...The first thing I would like to share is that Prince Harry and Ms. Markle are very much looking forward to welcoming Ms. Markle's parents to Windsor for the wedding. Mr. Thomas Markle and Ms. Doria Ragland will be arriving in the UK in the week of..."

THAT tells us what to call them.

Last edited:
Perhaps Harry will wear the same uniform he wore to William and Catherine's wedding. Unless if he now has a higher ranking one in a different service that outranks the one he wore. No matter what we women love to see a guy in uniform.

Do you believe that any of the press will refer to Meghan's parents as Mr. and Mrs. Markle?

Is it correct that Queen Elizabeth II will be the last Royal to arrive at St. George's Chapel?

Except for the wedding party and the bride.

Perhaps Harry will wear the same uniform he wore to William and Catherine's wedding. Unless if he now has a higher ranking one in a different service that outranks the one he wore. No matter what we women love to see a guy in uniform.

He does--he was appointed Captain General Royal Marines, taking over for Prince Philip last December.

Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Meghan was raised in an Episcopalian family. It is said she went to church with both parents, and her father's family is Episcopalian. One of her uncles is a bishop in the church.
Well I knew Markle Sr was raised within an Episcopalian practising family as that is what I’d read and I never said anything to suggest otherwise. Beyond that I have no idea if he led a christian life as an adult.

As I made clear, I’d never read anywhere before that Thomas Markle was a church-going individual who attended services with Meghan. And all I was seeking was some clarification since you had stated “It is said she went to church with both parents...”

You also stated that one of Meghan’s uncles is a bishop within the Episcopalian church, which patently isn’t true.:ermm:

Thrilled to see our state flower on this beautifully crafted document.?

With an American Rose not the same one as Harry at the top .And with the olive branch from the left side of the Great Seal of the US (and mirrored on the other side).

It also has the Spencer part of Harry's half way up

I don’t understand the logic behind thinking Harry will wear a uniform from a post that he’s retired from rather than a regiment he currently serves as Captain General. Not wearing his Blue and Royal uniform wouldn’t mean he’s any less proud of the time he’s served in the military.

I don’t understand the logic behind thinking Harry will wear a uniform from a post that he’s retired from rather than a regiment he currently serves as Captain General. Not wearing his Blue and Royal uniform wouldn’t mean he’s any less proud of the time he’s served in the military.

What does this mean? Sorry - I'm confused about who and what Harry is now from a military perspective.

Does this mean neither of the options posted are viable for Harry to wear?

What does this mean? Sorry - I'm confused about who and what Harry is now from a military perspective.

I think Jacqui meant since Harry is retired from the Army it might make more sense for Harry to wear the uniform for the Marines, for which he is currently the honorary head. And that even if he wears the Marines uniform, it doesn't mean he is not proud of his service in the Army.

Harry could wear either uniform. Most folks think he will wear his most recent and highest ranking uniform. He has taken over the position from the Duke of Edinburgh, honorary position but still wears the uniform.

LaRae

I think Jacqui meant since Harry is retired from the Army it might make more sense for Harry to wear the uniform for the Marines, for which he is currently the honorary head. And that even if he wears the Marines uniform, it doesn't mean he is not proud of his service in the Army.

THATS exactly what I meant. You just expressed it more clearly than I did. :lol:

Harry could wear either uniform. Most folks think he will wear his most recent and highest ranking uniform. He has taken over the position from the Duke of Edinburgh, honorary position but still wears the uniform.

LaRae

One question remains, however: will he shave his beard ?

Hope he keeps the beard. Its makes him look more serious and mature! He just has to get it groomed and shaped up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom