Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it to the daily Fail to need an expert to report something anyone knows. Myrtle has been in every royal wedding bouquet since the wedding of Queen Victoria. The bush it came from, actually grew out of a stem of myrtle in Victoria's wedding bouquet.

Besides it being a regurgitated story that has already been reported at least once since the proposal. :ermm: Running out of news to print.

Yes, probably they, and I, are looking forward to something of a bit of substance, the composition of the bridal party for example, instrument of Consent, the Coat of Arms, an appearance of them together on a date, the florist, cake, anything!

So, if Diana were still alive do you think that Eugenie would invite Harry's mother to her wedding? Perhaps so? Perhaps not? Perhaps Harry and Meghan are just being polite and sensitive to their cousin, practising their best manners.

I think there will be some European royals, interested to see though.

Maybe someone from the Greek royal family will be invited as Harry seems to know them socially.

Yes, probably they, and I, are looking forward to something of a bit of substance, the composition of the bridal party for example, instrument of Consent, the Coat of Arms, an appearance of them together on a date, the florist, cake, anything!

We already have the florist and cake details. We wont see photos of the actual until the wedding. The instrument of consent isn't going to draw in readers except the biggest royal fans. The coat of arms may. But the only things they really have left, that will get in big readers, are bridal party and maybe a date.

In that last KP statement issued last week it promised to provide some details of ongoing progress ref the cake and flowers/decorations.

And I know the Instument of Consent is not of general interest. Nevertheless articles about it and about Kate's Coat of Arms appeared in the media in the weeks before the wedding. And there are now only nine days to go before Harry/Meghan's nuptials.

For instance, details of Kate's Coat of Arms, released to media ten days before the 2011 wedding.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-13127145

Plus on the 17/18th the main focus of interest would surely be on Doria and Meghan's movements before the wedding, as also promised in that statement.

Last edited:
I would think its very much a given that there will be myrtle in Meghan's bouquet. Its been a tradition of royal brides for quite a while now. I also expect her bouquet to be laid on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Westminster Abbey in days after the wedding. Some things you can set your clocks by. :D

Yes I'm sure that at some point we'll see a photo of it at WA.

Here is Kate's bouquet. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/30/article-1382331-0BD9943C00000578-288_634x421.jpg

Sophie's bouquet https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...ex-is-placed-on-the-grave-picture-id830201598

Last edited by a moderator:
What we know of so far is that Tom Sr. has left Mexico and made it into California and stayed overnight at a motel. What I'm thinking is, and I think it would be great, that perhaps Tom Sr. and Doria will fly to the UK together. That would really be great to see Meghan's parents as a united front.

GMA saying Doria is already in London and staying at KP.

Thomas Snr is en route.

I assume her close friends and their kids (bridal party) are on their way too.

Last edited:
GMA saying Doria is already in London and staying at KP.

Thomas Snr is en route.

I assume her close friends and their kids (bridal party) are on their way too.

I imagine the friends with kids will likely travel this weekend if their kids are in the bridal party. If not, they'd probably get there mid-week. Once the announcement about the bridesmaids are made, they won't get a moment's peace if they aren't in UK already. But they are unlikely to travel before the weekend since they kids are in school. They'll miss a week as is.

Omid said on GMA that Jessica arrives on Monday. I would guess that probably the case for most of them. Get there early in the week and have plenty time to do everything.

"Meghan's half-siblings, Samantha Grant, 53, and Tom Jr, 51, have both been left off the guest list along with Grant's 19-year-old daughter Noel and Tom Jr's two sons Thomas and Tyler Dooley."

So Samantha's older children, Ashleigh & Christopher Hale, are invited?

"Meghan's half-siblings, Samantha Grant, 53, and Tom Jr, 51, have both been left off the guest list along with Grant's 19-year-old daughter Noel and Tom Jr's two sons Thomas and Tyler Dooley."

So Samantha's older children, Ashleigh & Christopher Hale, are invited?

I would assume no one knows since they have not spoken publicly. All those that are confirmed not to be invited has spoken out about not being invited.

According to Emily Andrews and Emily Nash (On Heir Podcast) Doria is already in London.

LaRae

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/05/meghan-markle-royal-wedding-prep

It is also going to be an exciting day for little Jasper George Galloway Dyer, who has been asked to be a page boy on the big day. The five-year-old son of Prince Harry’s close friend Mark Dyer is rumored to be one of Prince Harry’s godsons, and will join Prince George, who will also feature as one of the couple’s page boys, presumably. While Kensington Palace has not announced the details of the bridal party, the Dyers have excitedly been telling friends that their son Jasper will have a “starring role” on May 19.

:previous: I would expect the Dyers to know better than brag about their son being a page boy (which is what many expect).

Posts discussing Lego's version of the wedding have been moved to the Royal Wedding Miscellanea thread.

I wonder if tomorrow we'll have more information about the wedding. They released the other info last friday, so hopefully they will update more tomorrow.

EDIT:
Oh my! I just noticed now! This October it will mark my 10th year here on the Royal Forums. Time flies so fast, though I think I didn't change much, I was 18 then, and I'll be 28 when October arrives.

I wonder if tomorrow we'll have more information about the wedding. They released the other info last friday, so hopefully they will update more tomorrow.

EDIT:
Oh my! I just noticed now! This October it will mark my 10th year here on the Royal Forums. Time flies so fast, though I think I didn't change much, I was 18 then, and I'll be 28 when October arrives.

When last weeks info dump happened part of what was reported that there would be another drop this week (I'm sure Scobie said it would be Friday) and mentioned info on the coat of arms ,wedding party and a few other bits

Friday makes sense. End of the week. Right time to make a big dump of information again. Well however big what is left can be.

On checking the website, there are many updates and new information to be released this last week, however, the wedding party was not listed.

Is it possible that some of the party are 'private' people whose lives would be adversely impacted if they released their details before the wedding?

As Prince Harry and Meghan leave St. George's Chapel and its bells ring, has it been scheduled for other churches and cathedrals to have their bells ring?

The discussion of Samantha Grant's latest interview has been moved to the Meghan Markle: Family and Background thread, which still remains closed.

Let's keep the discussion of Samantha out of this thread.

On checking the website, there are many updates and new information to be released this last week, however, the wedding party was not listed.

Is it possible that some of the party are 'private' people whose lives would be adversely impacted if they released their details before the wedding?

Unless the wedding party is all Harry's side, Yes some of the bridal party are private people. The children of Meghan's friends would be considered private people. Even Ivy whose parents are in the public eye.

Technically there may be a lot of information to be released. But anything really exciting, is limited. Most we will have to wait and see on wedding. The coat of arms, bridal party that's about it.

Last edited:
Just want to put in my guess for the page boys and bridesmaids:

Prince George
Jasper Dyer
Ivy Mulroney
Princess Charlotte
The Litt girls

:previous:
Yes, I guessed the same.

The press mentioned Mia Tindall, but I think these choices are more likely.

If they include the Mulroney twins, they could have the Boy/Girl pairings I prefer.
Though they don't care what I prefer...

Still, that would be very nice.

Last edited:
:previous:
Yes, I guessed the same.

The press mentioned Mia Tindall, but I think these choices are more likely.

If they include the Mulroney twins, they could have the Boy/Girl pairings I prefer.
Though they don't care what I prefer...

Still, that would be very nice.

I agree - it seems like quite a good list. I would love for little Mia to be a bridesmaid too; she's very sweet. We've seen the Cambridges getting on well with the Tindalls at horse shows but I don't know what Harry's relationship with them is like. I wonder if Mia could be a candidate for Eugenie and Jack? Not sure how close Eugenie is with Zara and Mike either; though. However it would be nice for George if he were in Harry's bridal party to have a bridesmaid who is around his age, and seeing George and Mia together with Charlotte would be super cute.
I also agree with those who said that Maude Windsor is a better candidate for Eugenie considering that she is her goddaughter.

I agree - it seems like quite a good list. I would love for little Mia to be a bridesmaid too; she's very sweet. We've seen the Cambridges getting on well with the Tindalls at horse shows but I don't know what Harry's relationship with them is like. I wonder if Mia could be a candidate for Eugenie and Jack? Not sure how close Eugenie is with Zara and Mike either; though. However it would be nice for George if he were in Harry's bridal party to have a bridesmaid who is around his age, and seeing George and Mia together with Charlotte would be super cute.
I also agree with those who said that Maude Windsor is a better candidate for Eugenie considering that she is her goddaughter.

Ivy Mulroney is 5. She's George's age.

Now that Doria has arrived and Tom and will arrive soon, I am becoming quite excited on there behalf. I am sure the former couple will be given a relaxed private tour of Windsor Castle. Among the many other things that are planned for them, such as meeting Harry's family. It has been said in many documentaries about The Queen that it is important to her that her guests feel comfortable about the arrangements etc. And in a way they are sort of guests. I really hope Mr Markle and Doria enjoy everything and soak up the atmosphere and have a really great time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom