Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First thought that came to mind for me was that Meghan would leave for the church from Windsor Castle itself. The night before the wedding, she would be under the protection of HM, The Queen herself. Diana left for her wedding at St. Paul's from the Queen Mum's residence of Clarence House.

Perhaps Andrew will put up Harry and the groom's party over at Royal Lodge. Its big enough and would make those halls ring with merriment again leading up to the wedding. Harry would be in the good company of his cousins too.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it. :D

Yes, but do you intend to tell Prince Andrew of your plans for his home:lol:? Or shall it just be a surprise????

For those who've been concerned that Edward and Sophie's wedding indicates that the St. George's location means there will be no "pomp and circumstance," it's important to remember that E&S were specifically trying to set the tone for the fairly private life they had in mind for themselves at the time. They didn't intend to be working royals and so they didn't have a working royal's wedding. The lack of grand processions, arrivals, public kisses, etc. was a deliberate choice. Philip and Autumn's wedding at St. George's was also a private, family wedding rather than a royal one because they are not working royals.

Windsor can certainly handle as many layers of public ceremony as Meghan and Harry decide they want. I read their statement about involving the public to mean that they will find many ways to make St. George's a place for a festive public celebration. We're not going to see a repeat of Edward and Sophie's wedding, despite it being in the same church.

I'm excited about their choice. You just can't get more royal a location than the grounds of a big, historic castle, for goodness sake! St. George's is gorgeous and holds a lot of opportunity for a beautiful, romantic and, yes, overwhelmingly royal wedding.

I have to thank you and others who have chimed in to assure the disappointed among us that this wedding could still be quite wonderful. :flowers: I was a bit bummed myself when I heard St George's, not WA, was the choice. But I'm feeling a lot better and more excited about this choice now. ?

Last edited:
Yes, but do you intend to tell Prince Andrew of your plans for his home:lol:? Or shall it just be a surprise????

I'll leave that job up to his mother to tell him how its gonna be. :D

Is there any decent hotel in Windsor ? Like Kate departing from the Goring in London ?

I think St George's Chapel fits Harry's personality. Good for them.

I totally agree with you, Harry is not the heir and seems more down to earth to me then William yet William is in a very different position then Harry.

I love Windsor Castle, was twice visiting friends in Oxford and that was many moons ago, yet have some to the most gorgeous pictures of it. The chapel is beautiful and the wedding will be very thing that both Harry and Meghan want it to be. So looking forward to these 2 wonderful young people marrying in an historical castle that has many family memories. ?

I highly doubt Donald Trump will be invited anywhere near this wedding, as he's on record, and recorded on live radio as saying about the groom's mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, "I could have nailed her" And then joking he'd "make her take an AIDS test first!"

Such a gentleman... :whistling:

I think the Obamas and the Trudeaus will be there, as friends of the couple.

I really hope foreign royals attend this wedding. Although I don't expect as many as will and Kate's wedding.

I have to thank you and others who have chimed in to assure the disappointed among us that this wedding could still be quite wonderful. :flowers: I was a bit bummed myself when I heard St George's, not WA, was the choice. But I'm feeling a lot better and more excited about this choice now. ?

I know! But honestly though, while I was really disappointed, it warmed my heart when I heard that Windsor Castle has already become very close to the couple's heart as they've spent time there regularly. How can we deny that just because we want more pomp and circumstance?

So much we didn't know!

Lets all just enjoy that Harry and Meghan are getting their dream wedding.

I can’t wait for more details of the wedding! It always feels like an eternity waiting for the actual wedding and then it’s over so quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems I am getting better at predictions.

-thought would wait to get engaged till in London- check (though I thought would wait longer)

-wedding in the end of May- well May check.

-St George's-check

The chapel is absolutely beautiful. It would be a nice touch if Harry was made a knight of the garter but I doubt it will happen until his dad is king. But it would have been a nice connection for the wedding.

I hope they make for the slightly longer carriage ride so we do get the pomp. But the smaller church does seem to suit them and I think they can have a more personal wedding.

I know! But honestly though, while I was really disappointed, it warmed my heart when I heard that Windsor Castle has already become very close to the couple's heart as they've spent time there regularly.How can we deny that just because we want more pomp and circumstance?

So much we didn't know!

Yes. That made it a little easier to come to terms with reality. :lol:

First thought that came to mind for me was that Meghan would leave for the church from Windsor Castle itself. The night before the wedding, she would be under the protection of HM, The Queen herself. Diana left for her wedding at St. Paul's from the Queen Mum's residence of Clarence House.

Perhaps Andrew will put up Harry and the groom's party over at Royal Lodge. Its big enough and would make those halls ring with merriment again leading up to the wedding. Harry would be in the good company of his cousins too.

As far as i remember in 1999 Sophie and her parents left gfrom the royal Lodge to the Church which was the Queen Mother's residence at Windsor then. Don't thin k that Meghan will leave from the Castle itself but perhaps she and her Family can stay at Frogmore.

Last edited:
Dickie Arbiter‏
@RoyalDickie
5h5 hours ago

So it's a May 2018 Royal wedding at St George's Chapel Windsor - as the town will be heaving from 7 - 13 May for the Royal Windsor Horse Show and the Cambridge baby is due end April/beginning May perhaps 17/18 May are safe dates?

I've actually heard baby Cambridge is due early April but who knows. Still makes sense the wedding will be AFTER the Royal Windsor Horse Show.

LaRae

Or last Saturday of May 2018; it is 26 May (Mother's Day in Poland)

^ I think they purposely added that St George / Windsor has become close to Harry n Meghan so that there isn't any resentment amongst the general public given how popular Harry is .

^ I think they purposely added that St George / Windsor has become close to Harry n Meghan so that there isn't any resentment amongst the general public given how popular Harry is .

I also think the "we are looking for ways to include the public" was put there to help put some people at ease about the wedding happening in a place where a large part of the public wouldn't be able to see it.

My hope is that they use the grand park in front of the castle to let fans line up to watch the procession to the church and also the recession.

Hello there! I am so thrilled about the news! They make a really cute and happy couple, I am really happy about them. I honestly can't wait until the balcony kiss!
I would like to ask you something. I would love to have an autograph from Meghan because I am a fan of her for a year now, so it would be amazing. I have watched her movies and tv projects and so far she is pretty good! Thing is I haven't sent her anything all this time. I have seen other royal brides before the wedding replying personally to some letters. Well I know that after the wedding there is no chance anyone can get an autograph from her due to the royal protocol but before this and maybe she's still an actress. I want to ask you, is something like that possible in a way now that she is not yet married to the Prince? And where to send the mail? Do you know any other way to reach out to her? Thank you a lot, guys. Wish the best to all of you and of course Prince Harry and Ms Markle.

I like the location, although prefer to Westminster Abbey. Security issues may also have weighed on the decision. But Windsor Castle is very beautiful and has a lot of history and moreover is one of the favorite residences of the Royal family. Will be a nice wedding for sure.

I was thinking the same thing. It is a Lovely location & a nice size crowd for outside & leading up to the chapel. However, for me( & I am an American. Safety would be my 1st concern) There has been so much Drama safety wise in the world today. The 1st thing I was think even before they announced their plans to marry was Attacks. Talk about a Statement heard around the world.

The crowd & Security could be much better handled there & it is a Beautiful Area. I think that this is the Perfect location for their wedding.

As for the Kiss, I can see Harry & Megan coming out of the chapel & Harry planting a BIG kiss on her at the bottom of the Step. He just looks so happy now, I feel happy for both. :valentine1::twohearts:.

Meh, if it's a place they've been able to get away from the prying eyes of the press in the past year and half and offered them peace and quiet, I can see how it'd be special to them. Meghan specifically also mentioned long country walks in the interview, it's possible that some of those walks were in Windsor.

I agree that mentioning it was a strategic move. Yet, I don't think they would have said it if it had no truth to it.

I'm thinking most all those walks were at Windsor...otherwise someone would of spotted them and pics taken.

LaRae

Best wishes to the bride-to-be and Prince Harry!

The last royal wedding at St Georges chapel was Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly ,its a fantastic setting for a wedding.

I visited Windsor Castle for the first time a week ago and I have to confess, I found St George's Chapel a little bit gloomy and far smaller than I expected it to be. I'm not sure it would be my first choice for a wedding but I'm sure it'll be looking it's best on the day itself and really, it isn't about the setting but the couple and what the day means to them.

They are going to have to get really creative with this. Victoria Arbiter, who is a royal commentator and Dickie Arbiter's daughter, is expressing concerns over how they are going to accommodate all the media. She lives in New York, so she does more US show about BRF than British shows. She was hugely supportive of St. George's Chapel before the announcement and still is. However, today she's expressing that she's afraid someone in charge of logistics might be underestimating US interest. She did 32 interviews on Monday alone.

Last edited:
One thing I don't think will be a problem is the televising of the wedding. If my one brain cell is actually functioning, for Will & Kate's wedding, one media outlet was chosen (like ITV or Sky or BBC) to do the actual filming in the Abbey and provided the live feed to everyone else.

I'm sure the media will be limited. There just isn't the room for every journalist that wants to be there to actually be there.

One thing I don't think will be a problem is the televising of the wedding. If my one brain cell is actually functioning, for Will & Kate's wedding, one media outlet was chosen (like ITV or Sky or BBC) to do the actual filming in the Abbey and provided the live feed to everyone else.

I'm sure the media will be limited. There just isn't the room for every journalist that wants to be there to actually be there.

She was referring to the media that will want to be in Windsor to cover the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom