Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With no matron of honour I wonder who’ll be looking after the children. The page boys and bridesmaids are likely going to need someone to corral them.
It is possible that one or more of the bridesmaids will be a little older like we saw with Lady Diana Spencer's bridal party. If not then there will be an adult discreetly corralling the bridal party if necessary.

But where will Meghan be staying?
If she and Harry are apart the night before, then it can't be Nott Cott.

I assumed she'd stay at Windsor, but it says she and her mother will be driven to Windsor. Is she moving into a hotel, like the Middletons did?
I know it is Prince Andrew's home now, but might mother and daughter be staying at Royal Lodge Windsor?

Possibly Lady Louise on 'shepherdess' duty, for the 'gaggle' ?

I think it is actually very smart not to have a maid of honor, so as not to subject that person to the same invasion of privacy that Meghan's other loved ones have been victim to. I also hope this makes it clear that Tom Sr is a decent man who has been loyal to his daughter and not shared any information with his estranged kids.

None of the press is asking about Jr.s letter now. The Markle public extortion plan blew up on Tom Jr, Sam and the other complaining Markles like an ACME dynamite kit. If they were invited it would have been announced.

I think it is actually very smart not to have a maid of honor, so as not to subject that person to the same invasion of privacy that Meghan's other loved ones have been victim to. I also hope this makes it clear that Tom Sr is a decent man who has been loyal to his daughter and not shared any information with his estranged kids.

Pippa is perfect example of why not to have an adult maid of honour IMO. I understand why Kate did it, who wouldn't want their sister to stand up with them on their most important day. But I don't think they thought of the interest that it caused.

Yes, stick with the children....

From Omid Scobie:

- no maid of honour
- Thomas Markle Sr will walk Meghan down the aisle
- Doria will travel with Meghan to Windsor Castle via car from where they will be staying the night before the wedding
- Lady Jane Fellowes will give a reading during the ceremony
- Harry and William will arrive on foot
- no immediate honeymoon

Full briefing from KP:
https://www.royal.uk/update-press-secretary-prince-harry-wedding-prince-harry-and-ms-meghan-markle

I'm pleased to see they've included Diana's sister Lady Jane Fellowes.

Possibly Lady Louise on 'shepherdess' duty, for the 'gaggle' ?

I just had a vision of Louise with a decorated shepard's crook:p as she "herds" the strays. Perhaps one of the corgis can be there to keep the flock together.;)

My guess would be that someone from the designer's team would do that because Doria is going to have to get to her seat fairly quickly, but I suppose we'll find out.

Edited to add: And actually, that's an interesting question, because that means she would be seated after the Queen which I thought is a protocol no-no. I wonder how all this is going to work?

According to the press release, Doria will be dropped off at the castle. That's where Meghan will pick up her pageboys and bridesmaids, before continuing on to the church. The release says members of the royal family will start making their way to the church at this time, so it's safe to say Doria will be in the church before the Queen arrives.

I remember the designer was on hand during W&K's wedding. You can see her fixing Kate's train right before she walked down the aisle, so I imagine the designer of Meghan's dress will be the one helping her with any last minute fixes.

I am immensely thrilled by all the news coming out today. I'm a bit late to the party, however, I'm glad that the issue surrounding her father is cleared up. I believe that Tom Sr. knew all along, but choose not to share with his family, which was good. They probably asked if he received an invitation, and he must have answered truthfully with a NO, since the father of the bride does not require an invitation, because he is part of the wedding.

15 days left, and it seems to be going quickly in some aspects.

I know it is Prince Andrew's home now, but might mother and daughter be staying at Royal Lodge Windsor?

What about Frogmore House? Is there accommodation available there?

According to the press release, Doria will be dropped off at the castle. That's where Meghan will pick up her pageboys and bridesmaids, before continuing on to the church. The release says members of the royal family will start making their way to the church at this time, so it's safe to say Doria will be in the church before the Queen arrives.

I remember the designer was on hand during W&K's wedding. You can see her fixing Kate's train right before she walked down the aisle, so I imagine the designer of Meghan's dress will be the one helping her with any last minute fixes.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Yes, I think for every royal wedding I've watched the designer has been there tweaking and flouffing. For Diana's dress that was a lost cause, but I have high hopes for Meghan.

I really like the idea of Doria riding with Meghan to the Church...a lovely touch.

LaRae

:previous: She's not riding with her to the church. Just to the castle. But yes, it's very lovely that her mother is included in this way.

I think it’s to give both parents a ‘role’. Divorce is a sticky issue even when there’s no animosity. This way it doesn’t seem like she’s choosing one over the other.

Last edited:
I like this! Avoids hurting the feelings of any of her friends, and is a nice nod to tradition. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the children are dressed--should be adorable!

I like it this way as well!;)

From Omid Scobie:

- no maid of honour
- Thomas Markle Sr will walk Meghan down the aisle
- Doria will travel with Meghan to Windsor Castle via car from where they will be staying the night before the wedding
- Lady Jane Fellowes will give a reading during the ceremony
- Harry and William will arrive on foot
- no immediate honeymoon

Full briefing from KP:
https://www.royal.uk/update-press-secretary-prince-harry-wedding-prince-harry-and-ms-meghan-markle

Nothing shocking here. Sounds like maybe children attendants since no maid of honor. Will be interesting to see.

Doria traveling with Meghan to the church is different, but perhaps not strange under the circumstances.
update-just saw that it is not actually to the church, so nothing unusual at all.

I think Harry and William are closer to the Spencers, esp their aunts and cousins than some people believe. Just because we don't have photographic confirmation etc doesn't mean a close relationship doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Well, Meghan disclosed during the engagement interview that Harry had taken her to meet his Spencer aunts, didn't she? I remember we had quite a little discussion about how she pronounced 'Aunt'!

I wonder if Doria will be the "dress fluffer" as Pippa was for Kate.

Well, we still don’t know who/ages of the bridesmaids. There have been quite a few royal weddings without adult attendants where the bridesmaids included preteens who took on the job of wrangling the train and the smaller kiddos. That could be the case here.

I am a little disappointed by there being no adult bridesmaids because I’m the odd duck who doesn’t like seeing small children in weddings. I know, I know, I’m an outlier. Zara and Autumn both had all adult bridal parties and I hoped for that. But that said, if she’s doing the royal gaggle of kiddos, then I kind of appreciate that Meghan’s going full bore with all kids instead of the hybrid route that Kate opted for. Pippa looked out of place to me as the *only* adult.

I am wondering if Lady Louise is in the bridal party. She is 14 now....so I don't see why not. Lady Sarah Chatto was 17 when Charles and Diana married and Zara was 13 when Sarah married Daniel.

They aren't going to release that till either next week or the week of the wedding. I'm leaning to the week of the wedding.

LaRae

I am wondering if Lady Louise is in the bridal party. She is 14 now....so I don't see why not. Lady Sarah Chatto was 17 when Charles and Diana married and Zara was 13 when Sarah married Daniel.

Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones is now 15 but both her and Lady Louise were part of the Cambridge wedding although anything’s possible.

Once Meghan arrives at Windsor Castle wouldn’t it have been a lovely touch to have Thomas Sr take part in the last part of the drive to the church with his daughter? Help calm last minute bridal nerves as bridal fathers usually do? Still, she will meet him at the church I suppose and it isn’t in any way a ‘diminished’ role for him. He would be in the car and had protection if there was any real fear of crowds. Still, walking down that aisle with hundreds of strangers/onlookers looking on and millions more viewing on telly from around the world - it will be momentous...

Last edited:
Zara and Autumn both had all adult bridal parties and I hoped for that.

Zara's wedding party was more similar to Kate's. If Meghan has a teen bridesmaid it will be more similar to Diana's.

Zara's only adult attendant was Dolly Maude-her matron of honor. There was one teen bridesmaid-Zara's half sister and the other 3 girls were children. Stephanie Phillips was 13, almost 14, the other girls (Nell Maude, Jaz Joceyn and Hope Balshaw) were 11, 8 and 6. The page boy Ted Maude was 6.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zar...AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=893#imgrc=D_ti2HO5nDWDrM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=zar...AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=893#imgrc=1C1ZulsEiVpeyM:

Last edited:
The details released today are really interesting. I am pleased both of Meghan's parents will be close to her for the wedding.

I am a little confused about the dynamics of Meghan and Doria driving together to Windsor Castle, dropping off Doria and picking up some of the bridesmaids - before carrying on to the Chapel. I'm guessing Tom Sr will meet Meghan either at the bottom of the steps or at the top if he's not swapping places in the car with Doria.

I suspect this interlude will need to take several minutes or longer allowing Doria time to get to the Chapel and join the congregation. I also wonder if the car carrying Meghan and Doria will be swapped for a different one for Meghan's journey to the Chapel.

Nothing shocking here. Sounds like maybe children attendants since no maid of honor. Will be interesting to see.

Doria traveling with Meghan to the church is different, but perhaps not strange under the circumstances.
update-just saw that it is not actually to the church, so nothing unusual at all.

I think Harry and William are closer to the Spencers, esp their aunts and cousins than some people believe. Just because we don't have photographic confirmation etc doesn't mean a close relationship doesn't exist.

They were all at Williams wedding though so I doubt there was ever any question they’d attend Harry’s. Plus there weren’t any rumours of issues between Harry and the Spencers ?

Last edited:
They were all at Williams wedding though so I doubt there was ever any question they’d attend Harry’s ?

Oh, I absolutely agree. But some tend to dismiss the idea that there even is much of any relationship between William & Harry and the Spencers.

Last edited:
The details released today are really interesting. I am pleased both of Meghan's parents will be close to her for the wedding.

I am a little confused about the dynamics of Meghan and Doria driving together to Windsor Castle, dropping off Doria and picking up some of the bridesmaids - before carrying on to the Chapel. I'm guessing Tom Sr will meet Meghan either at the bottom of the steps or at the top if he's not swapping places in the car with Doria.

I suspect this interlude will need to take several minutes or longer allowing Doria time to get to the Chapel and join the congregation. I also wonder if the car carrying Meghan and Doria will be swapped for a different one for Meghan's journey to the Chapel.

I have heard it said that Tom Sr has a limp so I am guessing the steps would be an impediment. :sad: Hence maybe he will be at the top of the steps, already in the chapel.

I agree about the rest. I am totally confused. ?

Just to clarify - I'm not confused about it actually happening (it's a lovely way for both parents to be closely involved) but how it's all technically going to work.

Makes sense if Tom Sr has trouble walking to meet Meghan at the top of the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom