Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
According to Richard Palmer:

Meghan is not having a maid of honour. Her closest friends will be there to support her but her bridesmaids will all be children. There will be page boys too.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

According to Richard Palmer:

Meghan is not having a maid of honour. Her closest friends will be there to support her but her bridesmaids will all be children. There will be page boys too.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

I like this! Avoids hurting the feelings of any of her friends, and is a nice nod to tradition. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the children are dressed--should be adorable!

She didn’t want to chose between friends? Other brides manage to do it. Usually a maid of honour is an oldest and dearest friend.

My daughter did this at her wedding. She went with NO maid/matron of honor to avoid causing hurt feelings.

LaRae

So.. no 'Matron of Honour' and the usual [for Royals] gaggle of little'uns...

She didn’t want to chose between friends? Other brides manage to do it. Usually a maid of honour is an oldest and dearest friend.

Yes, but most of them get to make the rest bridesmaids. And why can’t a woman NOT want to choose between friends.

Also, just wanted to say what a nice idea it is for her mother to ride with her to the church and for her father to walk her down the aisle. This way, they are both with her on this journey. And probably allows her dad to avoid most of the crowd. :lol:

Last edited:
Seeing how ruthless the press has been to her loved ones why would she want to put her friends who are normal people through all of that.

Good for Meghan, her friends will be present at the reception and after reception party and may be presented as her bridesmaids without the glare of the UK press.

It should be noted that Meghan's main friends are not celebrities but people she has known since she was a student at Northwestern.

Last edited:
Here we go again. Everyone speculated about Meghan’s matron of honour for months and now that there won’t be one it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread :lol:

I never thought Meghan’s clique of celebrity ‘friends’ would be involved. She’s mostly known them for a few years or so.

I did expect either a close family member (a la Harry with William ) or at least an old friend or school chum.

Here we go again. Everyone speculated about Meghan’s matron of honour for months and now that there won’t be one it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread :lol:

I never thought Meghan’s clique of celebrity ‘friends’ would be involved. She’s mostly known them for a few years or so.

I did expect either a close family member (a la Harry with William ) or at least an old friend or school chum.

I expected a close friend as well, but I get it. Between not wanting to choose between friends and the fact that they will be hounded. The press put Pippa through a lot over the years. Granted, some of it was also due to her being Kate’s sister, but none of them are Meghan’s sister, so hopefully they’ll be left alone more. Jessica has already been called by multiple press outlets for comments on various things at home. Her husband had to make it very clear that Jessica won’t be commenting when the Nottingham visit happened. They can’t exactly call children to ask for comments. :lol:

And there is no need to put friends in quotation when it comes to celebrities. They aren’t anything different than friends. They just happen to be famous as well.

- Thomas Markle Sr will walk Meghan down the aisle
- Doria will travel with Meghan to Windsor Castle via car from where they will be staying the night before the wedding

Nice touch I would say. Follow the tradition but also not leave out her mother.

Good for Meghan, her friends will be present at the reception and after reception party and may be presented as her bridesmaids without the glare of the UK press.

I agree.

So reading the full statement it looks like we will know about bridesmaid and page boys before the day.

So pleased the father of the bride situation has been clarified (I never had a doubt).

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea of her mother riding in the car with her to the chapel. Now the speculation over her Father can go away.

As I said before, I really like the gaggles of children, and am happy that we will get a chance to see them at this wedding. I'm also relieved that Meghan didn't choose to have half a dozen adult bridesmaids because inevitably those women would have become the target for media: who are they, any controversial things they might have done or said, etc. This is a very neat way to avoid all that and keep the focus, as it should be, on the happy couple and off some of the side issues.

Thank goodness we have some details! And now hopefully the whining from certain quarters across the Atlantic can cease. I wonder whether Tom Snr will be heading to London early so as to avoid...complications? It says Meghan's parents will meet the Queen and other royals, and Jane Fellowes will do a reading. Lovely!

Meghan had 4 very close friends in Lindsay, Jessica, Heather, and Benita. I (and most) predicted Lindsay or Jessica but I can understand her not wanting to pick one over the other.

People assumed and assumed incorrectly. Though that is a trend with Harry ace Meghan. ;)

So reading the full statement it looks like we will know about bridesmaid and page boys before the day.

So pleased the father of the bride situation has been clarified (I never had a doubt).

Yes, the full release said the week before the wedding we will get the bridal party, the charter, location of where Meghan and Doria are staying, update on cake/flowers, CoA, etc.

So another massive update next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting so exciting! I'm thinking of having a watch party with my daughter, where we have scones and craft our very own fascinators.

From Omid Scobie:

- no maid of honour
- Thomas Markle Sr will walk Meghan down the aisle
- Doria will travel with Meghan to Windsor Castle via car from where they will be staying the night before the wedding
- Lady Jane Fellowes will give a reading during the ceremony
- Harry and William will arrive on foot
- no immediate honeymoon

Full briefing from KP:
https://www.royal.uk/update-press-secretary-prince-harry-wedding-prince-harry-and-ms-meghan-markle

Interesting compromise between traditional and feminist elements.

I love the idea of her mother riding in the car with her to the chapel. Now the speculation over her Father can go away.

I wonder if Doria will be the "dress fluffer" as Pippa was for Kate.

Nice updates. All the details seem so well thought out, personal and lovely. I LOVE that Doria will ride in the car with Meghan. I like how she didn't chose one Maid of Honour, instead all her closest friends are will be helping her as the wedding nears.

As for Meghan's friends. Can we stop with the mis-information. Some of her closest friends are from uni days, it's been said multiple times here, and if she doesn't want to pick one of her friends, she doesn't have to, it's her wedding. Her friends are no doubt absolutely fine with this. If other brides pick a maid of honour, good for them, their right, its their wedding. Meghan doesn't have to, though.

I wonder if Doria will be the "dress fluffer" as Pippa was for Kate.

My guess would be that someone from the designer's team would do that because Doria is going to have to get to her seat fairly quickly, but I suppose we'll find out.

Edited to add: And actually, that's an interesting question, because that means she would be seated after the Queen which I thought is a protocol no-no. I wonder how all this is going to work?

But where will Meghan be staying?
If she and Harry are apart the night before, then it can't be Nott Cott.

I assumed she'd stay at Windsor, but it says she and her mother will be driven to Windsor. Is she moving into a hotel, like the Middletons did?

Meghan and Doria will be staying somewhere near. The release specifically said the press will get to see them exit and drive to the chapel. It also said they will go down the long walk. So I imagine she will be fairly close by.

With no matron of honour I wonder who’ll be looking after the children. The page boys and bridesmaids are likely going to need someone to corral them.

With no matron of honour I wonder who’ll be looking after the children. The page boys and bridesmaids are likely going to need someone to corral them.

And no doubt it's arranged.

We hired a babysitter for our wedding, so I imagine something similar would be done for the kiddoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom