Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this was getting stupid anyways. She's avoided it for as long as she could. I read an article this morning speculating about her being MoH because she made a stop in London recently for a day or two. Unlike Meghan, she has to go out there and do her job. Most of what she's provided to the media about Meghan has been pretty vague and high level. Nothing that would be considered to delve into her private life.

Be glad she didn't badmouth Meghan.

Be glad she didn't badmouth Meghan.

Why would she badmouth Meghan?

Just to clarify, my comments wasn't because I'm in anyway upset that Priyanka confirmed it. I think her trying to be a friend and be evasive with the media was getting stupid. Now that's out of the bag (which is very expected), everyone can move on.

No photos of Ashleigh at Meghan’s last wedding exist to my knowledge and I’m sticking to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've deleted a few off-topic comments about Meghan's family. It's fine to discuss who will and won't be attending the wedding, but let's not use this thread to discuss all of the family gossip/drama. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Yesterday while reading about the gospel choir and getting the congregation all up and making a joyful noise, I thought of this commercial and actually went to YouTube to view it. Again. Its a commercial I'll never forget or tire of from the 2011 wedding. The resemblances are uncanny.

I seriously don't think that this royal wedding will see anything like this but there's going to be some very nice personal touches. ?

There needs to be an update to this ad from 2011. The "Harry" was probably one of the better lookalikes in the commercial. ?

As if we didn't know that already....why bother to release that now.

LaRae

As if we didn't know that already....why bother to release that now.

LaRae

I suspect so people remember that there's a wedding, not just a new Prince has been born. As one twitter user put it "that's nice, now what's the Prince's name?"

HA...a couple of them are threatening to name the new baby themselves (on twitter)..quite funny. Omid has posted the pic of a skeleton looking out the window....waiting waiting...

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
When will they announce the rest of the wedding party?

Yes, I was wondering why they didn't?

William as Best Man was only to be expected; I want to know who the others are.

(I hope either Harry or Eugenie use an arrangement like Prince Andrew had- four Boy/Girl pairs increasing in age.

I think it is nicer than assorted bridesmaids with two page boys).

I wonder if they are waiting to release the other names in the wedding party in order to shield them a little longer from the ravings of some of Meghan's family (who will again complain about not being included/invited).

LaRae

I suspect so people remember that there's a wedding, not just a new Prince has been born. As one twitter user put it "that's nice, now what's the Prince's name?"

Plenty of people remember there is a wedding. This is just a bizarre announcement. The most predictable part of the wedding party is announced alone.

Yes, I was wondering why they didn't?

William as Best Man was only to be expected; I want to know who the others are.

(I hope either Harry or Eugenie use an arrangement like Prince Andrew had- four Boy/Girl pairs increasing in age.

I think it is nicer than assorted bridesmaids with two page boys).

Yes, but Sarah had various half-siblings and they both had friends/relatives with children of the right age to do that. Do Harry or Meghan know enough boys of 7 to eight years and upwards to make that sort of arrangement possible?

I know Tiggy's older boy is Harry's godson but he must be well into his teenage years. I don't know whether he'd be keen to do it, fond though he apparently is of his godfather. And that would mean picking an older (teenage girl) from somewhere as a 'twin'.

There are sufficient very small children from both Harry's family and Meghan's friends to do the gaggle of little bridesmaids and two little pageboys thing. Not so sure about older children though.

Last edited:
Yes, but Sarah had various half-siblings and they both had friends/relatives with children of the right age to do that. Do Harry or Meghan know enough boys of 7 to eight years and upwards to make that sort of arrangement possible?

Meghan has friends with sons the right age.
Then there are members of the extended royal family, such as the Duke of Gloucester's grandchildren.
Peter Phillips' daughters are slightly older, too.

They could do it if they wished.

Even if they don't, I am hoping Eugenie will.

The press was informed by KP they will release the rest of the wedding party details at a later date. My guess it is because it's likely to be mainly close friends of Meghan who have mostly been out the spotlight and they are protecting them as long as they can. The moment their names are public the media will be all over them. And majority don't live in London. We have seen how they stalked her parents. I get it.

I get it, too. It also makes me wonder if the wedding party is more American style with a bevy of adult bridesmaids. If so, I wonder how that will go over.

Maybe the office of KP that releases this stuff has gotten overly hooked on watching Suits episodes and realize the value of "teasers". Keep 'em on the hook and guessing and releasing more information bit by bit like the trailers I've been seeing for weeks for "Rachel and Mike's wedding" on Suits. :lol:

Someone would have to have been living under a rock to think that Harry would have anyone other than his brother as his best man/supporter. They just told us something we already knew. Keeping us on the edge of our seats for in anticipation.

I know Tiggy's older boy is Harry's godson but he must be well into his teenage years. I don't know whether he'd be keen to do it, fond though he apparently is of his godfather. And that would mean picking an older (teenage girl) from somewhere as a 'twin'.

There are sufficient very small children from both Harry's family and Meghan's friends to do the gaggle of little bridesmaids and two little pageboys thing. Not so sure about older children though.

I don't about teenagers, but Jessica's sons are about the age of Mark Dyer's son. Maybe a year or so younger, but close enough. Her goddaughters are close enough to that age that they could be paired. Or at least the younger one could. And of course Ivy is about George's age. I'm sure there is a boy about Charlotte's age somewhere amongst their friends.

Last edited:
I get it, too. It also makes me wonder if the wedding party is more American style with a bevy of adult bridesmaids. If so, I wonder how that will go over.

Can't be any worse than the cake reaction. #cakegate :lol:

Hmmmm I just don't see this happening... I mean - it could - but I don't see it. Meghan already had a wedding where she had bridesmaids, right? I could see her having 2 women to help with her train a la Mary of Denmark but beyond that?

Nah.

I think it's going to be 2-3 on train duty as attendants and then she'll still have the kids.

Hmmmm I just don't see this happening... I mean - it could - but I don't see it. Meghan already had a wedding where she had bridesmaids, right? I could see her having 2 women to help with her train a la Mary of Denmark but beyond that?

Nah.

I think it's going to be 2-3 on train duty as attendants and then she'll still have the kids.

Doesn't that mean Harry would also have more groomsmen? That'll be interesting. :lol:

Can't be any worse than the cake reaction. #cakegate :lol:

Ha! So true. I always thought the reaction to the lemon elderflower cake was hilarious, I can only imagine what the reaction to a royal wedding minus a gaggle of small children would be like. And I actually like the gaggles of small children.

Of course, I'm also someone who had a rum cake as my wedding cake, so my opinion may not be worth much in this instance.

Nah.

Yes, that sounds as though it would be a good blend of traditions. Be interesting to see.

Personally I think the great benefit of a gaggle of small Children is their similar height/size, and manifest sweetness...

Adult Bridesmaids are invariably of different heights, some thin, some fat and some 'average'.. they simply don't 'look as good'...

Personally I think the great benefit of a gaggle of small Children is their similar height/size, and manifest sweetness...

Adult Bridesmaids are invariably of different heights, some thin, some fat and some 'average'.. they simply don't 'look as good'...

But they are easier to manage. :lol:

And just to be clear, I'm not rooting for adult attendance, but I'm just pointing out the obvious. :lol:

Yes, and the children are also less likely to make embarrassing speeches or over indulge in champagne at the reception.

Yes. It's not the under 7s that would be sparse on the ground if you had an Andrew/Sarah arrangement with the attendants going up in age and paired together.
There are masses of 5 year olds and under from both sides. It would be the male 7s,8s and up that might be more problematic if they were going to have four page boys going up in age, twinned with bridesmaids of similar age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom