Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bebe and Cece Winans "Lost without You" would be wonderful, because it sounds like a love song, but is very spiritual. i would cry if they played something like that.

If they jump the broom, I'll have a mild heart attack.

What if they decide to "jump and break the glass" like in a Jewish wedding!
It is their wedding .
:flowers:

What if they decide to "jump and break the glass" like in a Jewish wedding!
It is their wedding .

:flowers:

Because neither are Jewish and it would be the height of cultural appropriation to do so. The traditions discussed so far have all been within the background and cultural heritage of Harry or Meghan.

I can hardly wait because the music of British royal weddings is usually magnificent. I hope the soprano sounds better than Kiri Te Kanua did at Harry's parents wedding as I love a beautiful soprano, and it seems like Harry and Meghan must too. Same with the Gospel Choir, they must have thought how beautiful they would sound at their wedding. A truly great trumpeter can make the trumpet soar or weep and so too can the chosen celloist from what I have seen on Youtube.

We are going to be privileged to hear some of the best music of differing genres, chosen for the joy of the bride and groom and the entertainment of their guests. I think truly inspired music is totally colourblind.

Last edited:
*comes back into thread - sees discussion about Total Praise still and rubs hands together*

Mwaahahahahahahaaa!! My plan to seed the consciousness with that song so that M&H subconsciously have it performed at the wedding is succeeding!!

As I said further up the thread, I listened to several arrangements on Youtube--are there any versions you especially like or think would work for the wedding?

A black gospel choir sang on stage at Buckingham Palace for the Queen during her Golden Jubilee celebrations all the way back in 2002. This is not such a leap.

Let's hope for at least one of the patriotic British hymns - I Vow to Thee My Country, Jerusalem, even Land of Hope and Glory would be nice with its very religious second verse. Mind you I understand it's played at graduation ceremonies in the US which is a bit odd as it's something of an unofficial national anthem for us Brits.

I wonder which version of God Save the Queen they'll choose? There are many different ways of doing it and I hope they choose to include the second verse. The arrangement chosen for Charles and Diana's wedding was particularly nice.

'I vow to Thee My Country' is one of my favourites and I'm hoping for it, though of course it has featured at Charles and Diana's and William/Kate's weddings. I would like 'Jerusalem' too, but well, we'll have to wait and see.
Princess Margaret also had Purcell's 'Trumpet Voluntary' for her processional. I would love it for this wedding. I think it would suit St George's.

with reference to the cake, which Heather mentioned, surely one elderflower and lemon, however large isnt going to be it for a wedding with 600 guests and possibly other people to be catered for. I know there'll be a replica made too, but I am hoping for a groom's cake even though KP said no.

Last edited:
I for one hope to see something along these lines. ;) ?

And of course the above spoof was of this original. ;)

C'mon. Meghan, get the gang going! ? You can do it! :D

Last edited:
So what's left to announce? Coat of Arms and Wedding party? I assume both will be announced next week? That just 2 weeks out.

Just over 3 weeks left actually....I figure sometime in the next 2 weeks we should hear about the wedding party.

LaRae

I am surprised we have not heard about it yet. Keeping us in suspense!

So what's left to announce? Coat of Arms and Wedding party? I assume both will be announced next week? That just 2 weeks out.

Over 3 weeks, closer to 4 actually. 25 days out at this moment.

I would think we should know bridal party soon. Was released much earlier for Cambridge wedding.

with reference to the cake, which Heather mentioned, surely one elderflower and lemon, however large isnt going to be it for a wedding with 600 guests and possibly other people to be catered for. I know there'll be a replica made too, but I am hoping for a groom's cake even though KP said no.

Has it been confirmed no groom cake? Or just one wasn't mentioned?

Diana and Charles had one official cake, but then they had other cakes to feed all of their guests. I would assume the same flavors and such, for the practical purpose of feeding over 1000 guests.

Its that or one very massive cake. Four tiers feeds about 300 guests.

Coat of Arms, wedding party, and titles are left. But there's also "so and so will be doing a reading" and what not that I don't believe we've seen (although I can't remember if that was announced for William and Kate's wedding).

Last edited:
Titles come the day of though, right? I would guess the reader would be included in the wedding party announcement. I think by 3 week mark W&K had basically announced everything. So I suspect by next week all the info will be out.

Titles come the day of though, right? I would guess the reader would be included in the wedding party announcement. I think by 3 week mark W&K had basically announced everything. So I suspect by next week all the info will be out.

The reader may be announced with the party. Or like the article I linked, it may come later. James Middleton was mentioned as reader, the day before the wedding.

The titles are announced usually when they are arriving at the church.

Over 3 weeks, closer to 4 actually. 25 days out at this moment.

I was referring to if they announced by the end of next week. It will be 3 weeks on Saturday. So if they did that timeline it is basically a little over 2 weeks.

I am surprised we have not heard about it yet. Keeping us in suspense!

I have to wonder if this is being held back bc of any family members from the Markle side is on there to avoid them being harassed by those that aren’t invited.

:previous: The guest list that would make sense. But the guest list usually isn't released in full before the wedding.

But we're talking the bridal party. I don't believe there are any small children in the Markle family, not ones who would be in the running to be in the bridal party for the couple. I don't think even Samantha would resort to harassing small children either.

Honestly Samantha and Tom Jr likely already know which are invited. The Markle side is not that large. Really its just a matter of Dad, and Samantha's kids.

Question will be what Raglands may attend. Doria's got a half brother and sister who have kids. But the brother has spoken to the press, and sold photos. Not sure if he is persona non grata because of it. He also said he hadn't seen Meghan in like 16 years.

I guess Tom also has a brother who made news as a bishop of his own church.

Doria has a younger paternal half brother who she is very close to. Meghan and him are close in age. I suspect he likely scored an invite. Doria didn't seem all that close to her older maternal half siblings and they already said they not invited.

:previous: The guest list that would make sense. But the guest list usually isn't released in full before the wedding.

But we're talking the bridal party. I don't believe there are any small children in the Markle family, not ones who would be in the running to be in the bridal party for the couple. I don't think even Samantha would resort to harassing small children either.

Honestly Samantha and Tom Jr likely already know which are invited. The Markle side is not that large. Really its just a matter of Dad, and Samantha's kids.

Question will be what Raglands may attend. Doria's got a half brother and sister who have kids. But the brother has spoken to the press, and sold photos. Not sure if he is persona non grata because of it. He also said he hadn't seen Meghan in like 16 years.

I guess Tom also has a brother who made news as a bishop of his own church.

I was thinking Tom Sr. or Ashleigh. I don’t think there is anything to worry about from Doria’s side, although I haven’t read anyone on that side saying they haven’t been invited. I haven’t read much of anything in regards to them lately in fact. I know people are thinking one of her friends will be the Maid/Matron of Honor, but even if Ashleigh doesn’t make the cut there, she could still be part of the wedding like do a reading. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s involved in some way. I think it would come down to if she’s comfortable with the attention considering millions will be watching on top of the 600 people in church.

So is there nobody except her mother and father going to the wedding I gave up on the Markle thread just one after the other claiming nonsense. So in the end there is no family member suitable to go

:previous: We have no idea, other then those who have spoken to the press. And these were ones who spoke to the press before the invites went out. Her dad's two brothers, Fred (bishop) and Michael (former ambassador), his kids Samantha and Tom Jr, Tom's kids, and Doria's older half sister and brother.

But who we don't know about:
-Joffrey Ragland-her 34 year old half-Uncle, Doria's paternal half-brother
-Ava Burrows- Joffrey's mother, Meghan's step-grandmother
-Ashleigh- her lawyer niece
-Christopher- Ashley's brother, the only nephew who hasn't spoken
-Noelle- Ashleigh and Christopher's younger half-sister

As they don't speak to the press, we will likely not know until the wedding. I assume Ashleigh and likely Christopher at least will accompany their grandfather.

:previous: We have no idea, other then those who have spoken to the press. And these were ones who spoke to the press before the invites went out. Her dad's two brothers, Fred (bishop) and Michael (former ambassador), his kids Samantha and Tom Jr, Tom's kids, and Doria's older half sister and brother.

But who we don't know about:
-Joffrey Ragland-her 34 year old half-Uncle, Doria's paternal half-brother
-Ava Burrows- Joffrey's mother, Meghan's step-grandmother
-Ashleigh- her lawyer niece
-Christopher- Ashley's brother, the only nephew who hasn't spoken
-Noelle- Ashleigh and Christopher's younger half-sister

As they don't speak to the press, we will likely not know until the wedding. I assume Ashleigh and likely Christopher at least will accompany their grandfather.

Noelle has spoken to the press defending Meghan but she is not close to her.

I for one hope to see something along these lines. ;) ?

And of course the above spoof was of this original. ;)

C'mon. Meghan, get the gang going! ? You can do it! :D

Yesterday while reading about the gospel choir and getting the congregation all up and making a joyful noise, I thought of this commercial and actually went to YouTube to view it. Again. Its a commercial I'll never forget or tire of from the 2011 wedding. The resemblances are uncanny.

I seriously don't think that this royal wedding will see anything like this but there's going to be some very nice personal touches. ?

The name of the readers should be in the order of the service.

Last edited:
As I said further up the thread, I listened to several arrangements on Youtube--are there any versions you especially like or think would work for the wedding?

My favorite is probably the version done at my own church, Alfred Street Baptist Church in Alexandria, VA. The choirs there do incredible versions - but my fave twist is this slight run on "praise": I lift my hands in total praise (the sopranos go pra-AAAy-AYse!!) toooo you... then the Amens...

Whew.

The first time I heard that slight soprano run I was done - I think I joined the church that day, lol!

But most versions are pretty much the same - so the one the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir did is great too.

Still on about the wedding invitations my rationale is if Meghan for whatever reason hasn’t seen fit to invite her uncle who helped secure (or so he claims), her internship at the American Embassy in Buenos Aires then I really don’t see her inviting any of the (Half sib) Samantha’s children who weren’t even at her first wedding. It’s not a must she has to invite half nieces/nephews. Perhaps she just does not regard them as close relatives / family..... JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Still on about the wedding invitations my rationale is if Meghan for whatever reason hasn’t seen fit to invite her uncle who helped secure (or so he claims), her internship at the American Embassy in Buenos Aires then I really don’t see her inviting any of the (Half sib) Samantha’s children who weren’t even at her first wedding. It’s not a must she has to invite half nieces/nephews. Perhaps she just does not regard them as close relatives / family..... JMO

We don't know if Ashleigh was at her first wedding because Ashleigh has chosen to not say anything. What we do know is that they are close enough to have seen each other in recent years, she sends Meghan flowers on her birthday, and she's the one family member other than her parents that Meghan has mentioned when she was still active on social media. It's one thing not to invite relatives you haven't spoken to in years, but I wouldn't say the same for someone that Meghan clearly has spoken to.

Honestly, this was getting stupid anyways. She's avoided it for as long as she could. I read an article this morning speculating about her being MoH because she made a stop in London recently for a day or two. Unlike Meghan, she has to go out there and do her job. Most of what she's provided to the media about Meghan has been pretty vague and high level. Nothing that would be considered to delve into her private life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom