Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Meghan might wear on her feet (bedroom-slippers) when she's getting ready for her wedding would hardly be the subject of an official press release from the Palace and shouldn't be the subject of a press-release from the company making them - if indeed the article is true.

It's obvious this is a promotional things from the slipper-makers trying to cash-in on the wedding.

Meghan's wedding shoes will made made in conjunction with her wedding dress probably by a different firm as the wedding-dress makers and we're unlikely to know more about those until she steps out of the car.

With regard to flowers and cake, it has always been the case that details of who are designing/making those are revealed or announced before a royal wedding. The same used to be the case for the dress as well.

With regard to flowers and cake, it has always been the case that details of who are designing/making those are revealed or announced before a royal wedding. The same used to be the case for the dress as well.

When did that change, Jacknch? :ermm: Interesting that the secrecy has not always been so.

The Emmanuels were announced in advance and then the tabloids went searching in their bins, hassling staff members - it got v difficult.

I think that's why it was stopped.

The Emmanuels were announced in advance and then the tabloids went searching in their bins, hassling staff members - it got v difficult.

I think that's why it was stopped.

Since both Fergie and Sophie's designers were known ahead of time as well, that didn't stop it, at least not right away.

With modern brides, and the more intrusive social media, it likely has become more concern with the modern brides.

Mum's the Word as Wedding Gown for 'Fergie' Takes Shape - latimes

Last edited by a moderator:
“Football chiefs met last week to discuss how the second-in-line to the throne, who is expected to be Harry’s best man when he marries Meghan Markle on May 19, can still present the coveted trophy later that afternoon.

An insider revealed: “The plan is for Prince William to be there. Because the couple are getting married at noon and then not reconvening until later in the evening, there is time for William to make the 5.30pm kick off, and present the trophy before returning to Windsor, probably by helicopter to ensure that he doesn’t miss anything. As far as the FA is concerned, he’s going to be at the FA Cup final.”

Read more: Prince William will be at the FA Cup Final on the day of the ROYAL WEDDING

I think it was already made known that William won’t be at the game due to the wedding. His day will be taken up by spending time with his brother.

I recall that there was discussion on the day that the wedding date was announced that somehow William would be present to award the trophy to the winning team.

If William goes to the FA and stays until after he hands out the trophy, he’s going to miss the entire dinner almost. Even if he takes the helicopter. The game doesn’t start until 5:30. And then the entire game. And then the trophy and all of that. I can’t imagine the evening party would start that late. I have my doubts unless he only plans to go to the after party. And given that he will have a newborn at home, I would think that’d be the part he misses or just makes an appearance and dips out early.

William will be far too busy for the game. The DM is saying that a video recording of William is being discussed in him absence for the game.

Chris Ship did report awhile back that William won't be attending. We shall see. I wonder if an official announcement about this either way will follow once the bridal party is released.

:previous: The release of the bridal party has little to do with it.

That is the morning ceremony and photographs. There is no interference with the game. Even if William was not best man, there is no way he is going to miss a huge chunk of his brother's wedding. If like William and Kate's, Charles will have a cocktail hour/dinner before the evening 'party'. I don't see William ditching the dinner/speeches and such, to be at the game.

Its not the first time a royal patron has missed a major event. William misses BAFTA events. I am sure he can miss, I knows its the finals, but still.

:previous: The release of the bridal party has little to do with it.

That is the morning ceremony and photographs. There is no interference with the game. Even if William was not best man, there is no way he is going to miss a huge chunk of his brother's wedding. If like William and Kate's, Charles will have a cocktail hour/dinner before the evening 'party'. I don't see William ditching the dinner/speeches and such, to be at the game.

Its not the first time a royal patron has missed a major event. William misses BAFTA events. I am sure he can miss, I knows its the finals, but still.

The only reason I mentioned it is they will officially announce the best man at that time and then it's all official and they can speak on this matter. Obviously, no one expect the best man to be anyone other than William, but it's not been announced by the Palace, so it's unlikely anyone else would jump in and address this issue publicly until then.

And I agree. I get that he has a job to do, but I think people would understand. People aren't going to question him not attending an event for attending his brother's wedding. People miss work for close family getting married. It happens.

I hope they release the wedding party list soon.

LaRae

I hope they release the wedding party list soon.

LaRae

Probably will see that next week now that CHOGM and the Queen's birthday celebration is over. Don't think it'll be Monday as they have events.

Since both Fergie and Sophie's designers were known ahead of time as well, that didn't stop it, at least not right away.

With modern brides, and the more intrusive social media, it likely has become more concern with the modern brides.

It sounds like from what everyone is saying that the secrecy started with William's and Kate's wedding, and now Harry's and Meghan's. It is recent. :cool:

Maybe to prevent tabloids from digging through their trash in hopes of finding drafts of the design?

My guess is something has gone on we don't know about....I know I've read an interview or two with Sarah Burton (McQueen) and she talked about how crazy it was trying to keep it a secret...for them to go to that level I figure something happened previously to cause the BRF to decide on the no info policy.

LaRae

With Kate’s dress the royal school of needlework blacked out the windows and put new cypher locks on the doors.

Sarah Burton and staff at MqQueen had to sign non disclosure agreements.

I imagine much the same is going on with Meghan.

The only reason I mentioned it is they will officially announce the best man at that time and then it's all official and they can speak on this matter. Obviously, no one expect the best man to be anyone other than William, but it's not been announced by the Palace, so it's unlikely anyone else would jump in and address this issue publicly until then.

And I agree. I get that he has a job to do, but I think people would understand. People aren't going to question him not attending an event for attending his brother's wedding. People miss work for close family getting married. It happens.

The best man's job is done after the ceremony......so officially announcing he is best man wouldn't change anything. The reception in the evening has nothing to do with him being best man. Simply being Harry's brother. No need to announce that. Its not likely they have to 'address anything' anyways. Its a given he is going to be at his brother's wedding.

Maybe to prevent tabloids from digging through their trash in hopes of finding drafts of the design?

That's what happened with Diana's. Yet oddly didn't stop them from releasing Fergie and Sophie's designer.

Not going to stop the tabloids. Just means any designer with a chance are going to be hounded by the press. I remember all of the talk at the Cambridge wedding approached, that Oldfield was the designer. Carol and Pippa were seen leaving his shop in January 2011, which led to huge talk he was Kate's designer.

Kate Middleton's mum Carole and sister Pippa visit Bruce Oldfield's boutique | Daily Mail Online

You make good points, jacqui. :flowers: Makes sense. It is an issue for those keen on the game so may very well be addressed at that time of the announcement.

:previous: I agree jacqui24 that once the information about the bridal party is released that we'll likely hear official news regarding the FA Cup final.

So if he is not best man he can ditch his brother's wedding for the game :whistling:

I don't get why anyone needs an 'official announcement'. The best man has one job, to stand next to the groom at the ceremony. Announcing William is best man is not going to end any discussion of football, he could easily be at both. What is in question is the private dinner, in which if he is best man, or not, his attendance would be impossible if he was in London for the game.

If it is that important to make the announcement....they can make it any time. No need to reveal the best man or anything else. Just simply 'as William will be busy attending his brother's wedding...'.

Its not like people are going to say 'oh he isn't best man??? Well then how dare he ditch the FA. He should only go to the wedding if he is best man'

The best man's job is done after the ceremony......so officially announcing he is best man wouldn't change anything. The reception in the evening has nothing to do with him being best man. Simply being Harry's brother. No need to announce that. Its not likely they have to 'address anything' anyways. Its a given he is going to be at his brother's wedding.

That's what happened with Diana's. Yet oddly didn't stop them from releasing Fergie and Sophie's designer.

Not going to stop the tabloids. Just means any designer with a chance are going to be hounded by the press. I remember all of the talk at the Cambridge wedding approached, that Oldfield was the designer. Carol and Pippa were seen leaving his shop in January 2011, which led to huge talk he was Kate's designer.

Kate Middleton's mum Carole and sister Pippa visit Bruce Oldfield's boutique | Daily Mail Online
Every wedding I've been to, the best man and the maid of honor's job is never done once the ceremony ends. There is best man speech and all kinds of stuff depending on individual wedding. But the speech at the dinner is a guarantee.

I don't know what NDAs were like in those days, but perhaps they see a higher need for it. Given the amount of audience the tabloids can reach in the digital age, the amount of money for this type of scoop has also increased drastically.

If it is that important to make the announcement....they can make it any time. No need to reveal the best man or anything else. Just simply 'as William will be busy attending his brother's wedding...'.

Its not like people are going to say 'oh he isn't best man??? Well then how dare he ditch the FA. He should only go to the wedding if he is best man'

I'm not sure if you are saying FA can announce or KP? FA won't announce any alternative plan until KP announces William won't be there. None of the palaces will announce specific attendance unless they are involved in the wedding party. With the exception of the Queen. They did announce at the briefing that the Queen and members of the royal family will attend the wedding. If I remember correctly, the only reason that was even announced is because the question specifically came up about the Queen due to her absence at Charles' second wedding and Meghan's divorcee status. But I don't think they'll announce additional specific attendance unless it's part of the wedding party announcement.

And yes, it will beg the question if William is the best man if they announce he won't be attending FA Finals to attend his brother's wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the news articles about who is invited and who is not and the cost of security, etc. I wanted to bring
up the thought of why they do not have a private wedding. She has been married
before and Prince Harry has alluded to the fact that he wanted a small wedding.

With all the news articles about who is invited and who is not and the cost of security, etc. I wanted to bring

Well if may be Meghan's second wedding but it is Harry's first wedding. And for a senior member of the royal family, this is a smaller wedding and about as private as it can get given his position.

As senior working royals, they would never be able to just have a wedding like Eugenie or Peter Phillips. This is about as scaled down as it can get. And the security isn't really just for the couple or the royal family, but also for the people that show up to watch a royal wedding. In terms of if it's a private wedding or aired, it's not just up to them. BBC and other channels have to see a demand for it. And really, this type of thing and the documentaries that they collaborates with TV stations on is a way to promote the British royal family as well as Britain to the world. Why is that important? For one, tourism money. I believe it's already been reported that there has been an increased number of tourists to Windsor Castle, and a higher number of people making a direct beeline for the Chapel since the announcement of the location.

Why should she have a private wedding? Being a divorcee is no longer the scandalous secret you have to hide behind closed doors. Charles and Camilla didn't have a private wedding, and they were both divorced. And considering the public opinion of Camilla, and her part in Charles' divorce....

Unlike his father, Harry has never been married even if his fiancé has. This is his first marriage. He shouldn't have some small private wedding because of it.

Besides as far as royal weddings go, this is small and pretty private. The media attention would be there even if they were having private, would just be outside the church.They aren't having foreign dignitaries, and foreign royals, or even local politicians like the PM. As far as a royal wedding goes, this is pretty private/family wedding.

Harry and soon to be Meghan are senior working royals. Along with the huge extended family and friends, there are co-workers and charity people. 600 is small for them, they could have had 800 guests.

This is a private wedding, though. It's a smallish wedding for a senior royal, and the guest list is way smaller than to William and Kate's wedding.

The only way to make it any smaller realistically would be if they eloped, and that's just out of the question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom