Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only one daughter of Peter Phillips is a flower girl, which daughter will it be: Savannah or Isla?

We have no idea if Ashleigh was at her 1st wedding or not. She very well could have been since she and Meghan seemed close. Ashleigh minds her own business.

I also won't be surprised to see some of the Raglands there either.

Not saying any of them will be but we reall don't know her true relationship as she seems to keep her family life private. Even Doria is very private. You don't see many pictures of her and I'm sure that's on purpose.

What about Edmund & Lara?

I only listed the adults as children are normally only invited if they are part of the bridal party (or at least that is my impression of high society weddings); Edmund could be among the attendees but he is still a relatively young teenager (14) and Lara is even younger (12). 5-year old Charlotte won't attend unless she is a flower girl.

If only one daughter of Peter Phillips is a flower girl, which daughter will it be: Savannah or Isla?

I don't think its a matter of if, other then 'if any daughter will be', its definitely not a given one of them would be used. Even more then the Cambridges, they have no shortage of kids to choose from. Beyond the Cambridge kids, and all the kids in the family, both Meghan and Harry have other kids in their lives. Harry has numerous godchildren, and Megan has Ivy and Benita's daughters. I wouldn't be shocked if Charlotte, Ivy and one of Benita's girls are bridesmaids. If they choose to have the fourth be one of the Philips girls, maybe Savannah as she is the older and might be a good pair with Benita's daughter (Cambridges paired the girls off). Ivy is a bit older then Charlotte, but works. But there is also Mia or they could go further into the family like Maude.

Thanks for responding, Countessmeot, but we’ll have to agree to disagree re definition of ‘immediate family’. And I’m sorry but a person does not describe themself as an only child if they considered the other children by their dad, but different mothers, as immediate family. Samantha & Tom Jr are not part of Meghan’s immediate family, not by a long stretch.

And destination wedding or not, it is still a wedding. And Meghan’s was her first one. It could well have ended up being her one & only wedding too. The UK is also much further in distance to the States compared to the distance between the Caribbean and the States. Using distance or financial reasons are poor excuses. Those Markles weren’t at her last wedding otherwise pictures would have resurfaced by now. And they didn’t attend for a reason, but it will all come out in the wash at some point, well, I do believe we’re starting to see stuff and certain Markles are already whinging and whining in the media about not receiving invites to the royal wedding:lol:

Last edited:
:previous: The definition of immediate family: parents, grandparents, spouse, kids, sisters and brothers. I have yet to understand where Samantha doesn't fall in that definition. Meghan says she Grew up as an only child, not that she was an only one. Because her siblings were full grown when she was born, and she was the only child of her parent's marriage.

Destination weddings are a very different thing. Its not about distance alone. Its about the vibe of the wedding. For most, a destination wedding is almost eloping. You take along a small group of people, and its basically a party. Some of your family may attend. I know many people who had destination weddings, who had a dinner when they got home, for those who were not at the wedding.

Nor do we know who was or was not at the wedding. No guest list was ever spoken of.

Note the Markles whining in public are the ones who have been talking in public the entire time. The ones no one ever thought would be invited to begin with. Samantha (who has no contact with any of her kids), and Tom Jr.'s sons and for some reason his ex wife.

Just like Tom and Doria, Ashleigh and Christopher have never spoken out in public. And contrary to your view of Meghan, she obviously doesn't paint Ashleigh in the same light as Samantha. She has maintained a relationship.

:previous: I am finding it somewhat bizarre that some here are doing a "Samantha", questioning why certain people in Harry's family may be invited and why certain people in Meghan's family are not seeing as how the Chapel can seat eight hundred and they have invited only six hundred odd.

As to why Meghan does not describe her half-brother and half-sister as part of her immediate family we can only speculate but I am betting that if they had a habit of passing their father's wife off as the 'maid', one can only imagine how they explained Meghan herself.

Real people lead real lives. They live simple, rather ordinary lives and, depending on their natures, function as a family unit. That does not mean that everyone loves each other to death, would that they could, but life is not like that and it seems to me that Meghan sees her biological family on her father's side as mean and hurtful and if she tries to shut out the negativity in her life and who can blame her.

How much they hated or envied her was shown when the first word came that she was dating Harry. Both Tom Jnr and Samantha sold their "dear, sweet, baby sister" out completely and Samantha's Princess Pushy tweets were aimed at Harry rethinking who Meghan really was and dropping her.

Just because you are a blood relation does not mean a thing. Speaking as one whose only feeling about being related by blood to her grandmother evoked was a profound desire for a blood transfusion, I can understand the feeling. That's life. It's messy and who are we to say who can and cannot be invited to Meghan's wedding.

Immediate family is a defined word. It is nothing about how 'close' one is emotionally, it simply denotes ones biological/marriage relation to a person. Biologically they are half siblings. That isn't something one can dispute, unless we have a dna test.

Now whether they have a close relationship or not is one that can be disputed. And obviously when it comes to Tom Jr and Samantha, that seems clear.

I am simply answering a question that I was asked: why did I group Ashleigh and her brother as 'immediate' family?'

My answer: because they are. They are the children of her sister. Whether she gets along with her sister or not. By definition they are.

I didn't mean to spawn some debate on how close the family is or not emotionally when I wrote a list of Markles who may attend. :sad:

*Blood* does not make a family at all, ever. It is how you respect and treat people in your life be they family or friends that counts. As we all know, we can not chose our family that we are born into yet we can all make a family of people that have become dear to us and are loyal to us. That I believe is what Meghan has done. We can classify Sam as a family member for she is by law the actual half sister of Meghan for they share the same father, yet she is in no way a family member who is included in Meghan's life.

I like the way Meghan handles this situation of not responding to those that think they have a place in her life....they have shown their true colors and complaining now will not change anyone's mind, Sam is a fool and is totally out of control and embarrassing herself in front to the entire world.....nobody wants anything to do with her period and that is quickly hitting home.

I’m not going to go over all the quotes in this post about the family members because yea. :lol: I will just say that I agree I wouldn’t be surprised if Ashleigh Hale gets an invite. Why? Because I’ve seen that there is at least some contact. I know some of have brushed off Meghan promoting the clinic Ashleigh was volunteering at, but Meghan has also posted about getting flowers from her niece and they are peonies, her favorite, so I do think there is at least a cordial relationship there and they do know of things going on in each others’ lives. And the fact that Ashleigh has remained completely silent so far is telling. It’s not that the media hasn’t found her. They have. Camilla Tominey did a piece on it and even publicly disclosed which firm she works for in Richmond, VA. So it’s not that the media can’t or haven’t tried to contact her. The likely scenario is they probably have.

Ashleigh got stalked at her job in Richmond, VA and she said nothing. Meghan is the one who promoted her charities. She didn't have to do that. We know how she feels about Samantha. And Ashleigh was referenced more than once on Meghan's IG. I do think they had a close enough relationship because we know how she is about folk. Meghan has no qualms about cutting you off. Will she be at the wedding? No clue but I won't be surprised to see her and her brother.

I also won't be surprised to see Doria's little brother Joffrey either. He is a year younger than Meghan but according to his mother the families stayed close. We might be surprised to see more of the Raglands than expected. But we shall see.

Ashleigh most likely went no comment to protect Meghan and not be backed into a corner with questions about her mom Samantha.

Joffrey may be the one that walks Meghan down the aisle.

There's absolutely no reason to rule Meghan's dad out from this. I give Meghan enough credit for having enough intelligence to see exactly what is going on in that family and act accordingly.

Do you actually have any credible sources that you're basing your opinions on at all?

Joffrey may be the one that walks Meghan down the aisle.

If Tom Sr, for whatever reason, can’t walk Meghan down the aisle, then the only other person I see doing it is Doria. There is no reason for anyone else given how close they are.

Because the system Harry was born into is based on family and heritage. That's why extended members of the Royal Family are automatically invited....

I just posted about this on the Markle thread. Phillip's sisters were not invited to his wedding to the future Queen. So automatic might not be the most accurate way to describe the royal practice in this regard.

I just posted about this on the Markle thread. Phillip's sisters were not invited to his wedding to the future Queen. So automatic might not be the most accurate way to describe the royal practice in this regard.

Philip's sisters were not members of BRF.

They were family of the groom. Family. That's all I was saying.

Philip's sisters were not members of BRF.

Nor is Harry's mother's maternal family (about whom this comment was made initially). The 'system' Philip's family (the Greek royal family) is functioning in is the same: depending on family and heritage. But indeed there still can be reasons that 'overwrite' that system.

Nor is Harry's mother's maternal family (about whom this comment was made initially). The 'system' Philip's family (the Greek royal family) is functioning in is the same: depending on family and heritage. But indeed there still can be reasons that 'overwrite' that system.

Because the system Harry was born into is based on family and heritage. That's why extended members of the Royal Family are automatically invited.
Where do you see Harry's mother's maternal family?

Where do you see Harry's mother's maternal family?

In the previous discussion that started with Gawin's suggestion that Diana's maternal aunts could be invited (as was done at William's wedding), later on explained by the argument provided here: it fits with the importance of family and heritage in Harry's system.

Which boy will be the ring bearer?

It seems customary to have 2 page boys in the BRF weddings. Minimum.

George of course has been 'a definite' in all the tabloids, will see if true. Harry also has a number of godchildren.

But just like bridesmaids, nothing has been confirmed.

William and Kate used one of Tiggy's sons, and the son of William Lower-Pinkerton.

If there is going to be a gaggle of little bridesmaids then there's sure to be a couple of young page boys. I'd almost put money on them being George and Jasper Dyer, who is more or less the same age and Harry's godson, but does Meghan have any friends/relatives with young sons? I'll be a bit disappointed if almost all the attendants come from the groom's side, lovely though all those candidates are!

:previous: Of her close friends, kids we know of:

Jessica:
-Ivy (almost 5) who seems a very likely choice for bridesmaid.
-the couple also have twin sons Brian and John who are 8
Pic of all three kids https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018011945590/meghan-markle-flower-girl-revealed/

Benita-
-we know she has two daughters that Meghan calls her fairy goddaughters

Lindsay Roth-
-has a son but is a newborn, born in January I believe

Heather Dorak-
-like Lindsay she has a little boy but he looks maybe 2 at most so too young

Some of her co-workers have kids. I don't know if she is close enough to her co-workers that she would include their kids though. Gabriel has a son Luca who is 4 (his daughter is 11, a bit old).Sarah has a 4 year old Iris.

We don't know much of her extended family if there is any kids.

Having George and Jasper Dyer as page boys seems likely. Perhaps 2 or 3 bridesmaids from Meghan's side. It doesn't seem Jessica's sons would be used and Ivy. Ivy and one of Benita's daughters, as well as Charlotte and a 4th girl seem likely. Be nice if even 3 from each side, but would settle for 2. Benita's daughters are a bit older, would need a bridesmaid a bit older, to match with her so doesn't stand out. 8 year old Savannah might be a good option.

Unless they choose to do like York wedding and go 4/4. But I don't think we will see that many.

Last edited:
I am very curious. Do we think she will have one adult female attendant with 4-6 child attendants? Or do we think it will be all adults and just a pair of flower girls or pageboys (like the Queen or Autumn, for example)?

I can definitely see the horrid Media turning it into an American vs. British, Meghan-breaks-tradition-yet-again thing if she does have several adult female attendants a la bridesmaids. :bang:

Well, Meghan wouldn’t be without family on her big day as her mother’s side are her blood family just as much and I’m certain a quite a few have been invited. What a day for Doria, her only child getting married and she will be there with her just as before. Obviously her close friends will be there, too. Thomas Markle Sr will probably be there as well. Well come to think of it I’d be surprised if he wasn’t given the honour of walking her down the aisle as he made it quite clear to Mirror reporter Christopher Bucktin he’d love to.

‘Asked if he will be at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle to give away Meghan, 36, Thomas Markle Sr beamed: “Yes. I’d love to.”..’
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-dad-wedding-harry-11658082

(Shows he is more than willing to, and not “unwilling”):D

Just in case that other thread wasn’t the appropriate place to post this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom