The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm we do get local NBC but they often only show local programing not national..same for CBS ....free TV doesn't get any of the BBC, CNN type of channels.

LARae

Old 02-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC will likely be covering the wedding Live. Iím sure BBC America and BBC News in America will be covering it too. SKY News Live on YouTube as well.
I don't think most people will have any difficulty watching. I think closer to to May is when all the networks across the world will point their watching in the right direction and I am 100% sure many streams will be running.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I'm looking forward to Meghan's entrance music. Maybe she should seek inspiration from fellow royal brides:

Mary's entrance was certainly majestic and beautiful. I would love if Meghan chose the same song.
I would be truly astonished if they chose Zadok the Priest for Meghan's entrance. It is THE British coronation anthem, written specifically for the coronation of George II in 1727 and has been played just before the anointing of every British monarch since then. It is a truly special piece of music and has come to be seen as a very British patriotic song.

I was honestly surprised to learn that Mary and Frederick chose it for their wedding since it is so associated with the UK.

I know Kate walked up the aisle to I Was Glad by Parry which was also written for a British coronation but it doesn't hold anything like the significance that Zadok the Priest does.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope Elton John and David Furnish will attend; after Elton Joh gave such a beautiful tribute to Harry's mother it would be not right not to invite him.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I would be truly astonished if they chose Zadok the Priest for Meghan's entrance. It is THE British coronation anthem, written specifically for the coronation of George II in 1727 and has been played just before the anointing of every British monarch since then. It is a truly special piece of music and has come to be seen as a very British patriotic song.

I was honestly surprised to learn that Mary and Frederick chose it for their wedding since it is so associated with the UK.

I know Kate walked up the aisle to I Was Glad by Parry which was also written for a British coronation but it doesn't hold anything like the significance that Zadok the Priest does.
I actually liked that Catherine worked with her father in law on the music for the wedding, and they came up with ĎI Was Gladí for the wedding march.

Iím thinking Meghan and Charles will work together on some music too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Majesty

Re: TV coverage: Has the palace yet announced that there will be cameras at the ceremony? Because meaningful live streaming hinges on that.

I have no doubt that if there is in-church camera coverage that the US networks will do wall to wall coverage.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Re: TV coverage: Has the palace yet announced that there will be cameras at the ceremony? Because meaningful live streaming hinges on that.

I have no doubt that if there is in-church camera coverage that the US networks will do wall to wall coverage.
I thought KP announced the wedding would be televised.

I think that means though that there will be a shared camera feed from within the church.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Well if it is not coverage then someone mislead the mass media because they are all under the impression this is being televised and they all planning to cover it. The royal reporters have all said as much as well.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, the wedding will be televised. Even Edward and Sophie’s wedding was televised and shown live here in America.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-17-2018, 12:45 PM

I am sure it shall be a happy day. A wedding is the most romantic part of life. And. I know Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II will think of her own. It just seems that she cannot hide it. Even after 61 years. Salute!

PS. A nice Royal Wedding took place at Barnwell Manor. At the time. Their Royal Highnesses, Prince And Princess Richard Of Gloucester. Any photos on here of that lovely wedding?
Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Would it be possible for Prince Charles to compose an entirely brand new wedding entrance march for Meghan's wedding?
Old 02-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireParure View Post
I am sure it shall be a happy day. A wedding is the most romantic part of life. And. I know Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II will think of her own. It just seems that she cannot hide it. Even after 61 years. Salute!

PS. A nice Royal Wedding took place at Barnwell Manor. At the time. Their Royal Highnesses, Prince And Princess Richard Of Gloucester. Any photos on here of that lovely wedding?
Prince and Princess Richard of Gloucester
Old 02-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Would it be possible for Prince Charles to compose an entirely brand new wedding entrance march for Meghan's wedding?
They could. Iím sure everything will be beautiful.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Charles to compose
The Prince doesn't write Music [as far as i'm aware], but he may commission a piece from a Composer..
Old 02-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Its not uncommon for some songs to be commissioned for a royal wedding. Kate and William had a few pieces that were commissioned for the wedding.

This one was a gift to the couple from the abbey who commissioned it.

There was also a piece by a young welsh composer.

I have never heard Charles writing music of his own. But if he has a hand in selecting music for the wedding like he did for William's, he may commission one for the couple.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

No, Charles don’t write music. He and Catherine worked together on the music selections.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I invited friends over to watch (wanted to have a little party like I did for the Cambridge wedding).
But nobody thinks a wedding at St. George's is worth getting up so early!
Looks like I'll have to go it alone, unless I can be more persuasive!
Old 02-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Majesty

What would be the most number of bridesmaids and flower girls Meghan would have? What would be the least number?
Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

I have a nosy question for wyevale please...at Christmas when you went to Windsor Castle did you go into the room where the reception will be held? I keep wondering about that...
Old 02-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Somehow I missed the post about wyevale popping in to Windsor castle....

LaRae

Closed Thread