The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do we know yet what time everything will kick off American time that is?

LaRae
Well the wedding is 7am EST / 4am PST but I would assume the coverage will start at least 2 or 3 hours before it happens. That is how it was with W&K as well. We saw the arrivals of guests and such.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ok Yeah I want to get up for the pre-wedding stuff too. So 3ish (central) should be good.

LaRae

Old 02-16-2018, 02:12 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm sure as the wedding approaches, there will be information given as to live feeds to stream over devices. So I will have to keep practicing watching a wide screen TV with one eye and my wide screen monitor with the other eye.
I'm tempted to have hubby set up another TV in the room but my third eye is out of practice. I'll also have TRF open in another window.

If I remember right, they did start coverage several hours before anything was slated to happen and we saw the crowds, heard about some history and footage of the couple leading up to the wedding.

So, I'm pretty much set for this wedding, I think.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ok Yeah I want to get up for the pre-wedding stuff too. So 3ish (central) should be good.

LaRae
I don't think there is a point of going to sleep the night before. I'm sure there will be wedding discussion going on somewhere.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

It’s midnight for me...going to try and sleep late day before...don’t want to miss anything!
Old 02-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Even though I live in England, I will still be sleeping for the pre-wedding footage I'll have to watch it on catchup; but I'll try to catch the actual ceremony.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't think there is a point of going to sleep the night before. I'm sure there will be wedding discussion going on somewhere.
I'll try to get in about 5 hours of sleep before...

LaRae
Old 02-16-2018, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be lovely if there was an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-16-2018, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

That would be lovely.

LaRae
Old 02-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It would be lovely if there was an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace.
Was there an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine?
Old 02-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Was there an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine?
Yes there was a royal wedding website. It was deactivated a few weeks after the wedding, and the information addressed on a new one for the couple. But it would likely have been run from Clarence house not Kensington palace. William's household was still under Clarence house when he married. THings like their engagement announcement would have been issued by Clarence.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:38 PM
Majesty

It will be a solid late evening's viewing for my friends and I in Australia, though no TV channel here has announced any schedule yet, hardly surprisingly. I think the time of 12 noon corresponds to about 11pm in Australia but we will be seated at about 9pm here and probably won't move except for drinks and snacks for the next four hours! It will be wonderful. I'm so looking forward to seeing it all.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Yes, it would nice if one was developed for Harry and Meghan. With personal pics and the wedding info.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

We only have free TV here so I will most likely have to watch everything online...I hope my bandwidth can handle it!

LaRae
Old 02-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It will be a solid late evening's viewing for my friends and I in Australia, though no TV channel here has announced any schedule yet, hardly surprisingly. I think the time of 12 noon corresponds to about 11pm in Australia but we will be seated at about 9pm here and probably won't move except for drinks and snacks for the next four hours! It will be wonderful. I'm so looking forward to seeing it all.

Is this the same time as Will and Kate I donít remember it being that late here in Australia.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the Cambridge wedding started at 11 AM whereas Harry and Meghan's wedding is starting at noon. If I'm remembering right, coverage started for me here in the US at 4 am or so and that's two hours before the actual ceremony.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Majesty

There was a lot more on all channels on Aus TV with crossovers to London from the breakfast shows, though I didn't watch those. I can't remember the exact time I began watching, late afternoon I think.

Anyway, these are the programmes that covered the Cambridge wedding then, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are crossovers to Windsor during the day for Harry's as well.

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrit...an-TV-15919216
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes the Cambridge wedding started at 11 am. We had pay TV then so I just recorded it and got up at 6 then started watching. Can't do that this time!

LaRae
Old 02-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes the Cambridge wedding started at 11 am. We had pay TV then so I just recorded it and got up at 6 then started watching. Can't do that this time!

LaRae
In this day and age, I would think there will be multiple live stream channels. If nothing else, Sky News Live is always an option.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC will likely be covering the wedding Live. I’m sure BBC America and BBC News in America will be covering it too. SKY News Live on YouTube as well.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread