Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick J Adams is trolling the media. The reference to a wedding gift of a Vitamix blender is a dead giveaway that totally went over Entertainment Tonight's head. I personally find it hilarious and I'm glad to see Meghan's friends supporting her even in this low-key way.

Patrick J. Adams Reveals the Wedding Gift He's Getting Meghan Markle & Prince Harry (Exclusive) | Entertainment Tonight

He could just as easily be trolling Meghan. Is he lying when he says he doesn’t have Meghan’s number?

No idea on the phone number. Other Suits cast members have said they're still in contact with Meghan post-engagement so who knows. Patrick's been a vocal Meghan supporter including going after the U.S. politician who posted the photoshopped Cheddar Man photo. So no I don't think he's trolling Meghan.

Patrick J Adams is trolling the media. The reference to a wedding gift of a Vitamix blender is a dead giveaway that totally went over Entertainment Tonight's head. I personally find it hilarious and I'm glad to see Meghan's friends supporting her even in this low-key way.

Patrick J. Adams Reveals the Wedding Gift He's Getting Meghan Markle & Prince Harry (Exclusive) | Entertainment Tonight

Hilarious. As if Harry/Meghan do not have a premium juicer already. Ours is two years old and we were late to that gadget party.
My guess is that his old juicer died and he is trolling marketing departments for a new one. It's an ages old game - mention the brand and get a gift!

Hilarious. As if Harry/Meghan do not have a premium juicer already. Ours is two years old and we were late to that gadget party.
My guess is that his old juicer died and he is trolling marketing departments for a new one. It's an ages old game - mention the brand and get a gift!

I should have been more specific. One of the claims in the new Andrew Morton book on Meghan is that when she divorced her ex-husband all she took was a (Vitamix) blender. I think Patrick is making a tongue in cheek reference to that. It's been a running joke online.

Patrick specifically says "Vitamix" in the interview. It is kind of amusing. The interviewer was just obsessed with all things Meghan though because they clearly were trying to change the subject. I do think the Suits cast will all be there to support Meghan but I also think they are ready for this wedding to happen. I bet Meghan is too.

We’ve had some information about the bridal party, I just wonder who else could possibly be on the list ? Hopefully we won’t have to wait long to find out ?

What information about the bridal party do we have? All I have seen is speculation, easily believable or not, of George and Charlotte. Am I missing something :ermm:

I highly doubt he was trying to get a free juicer out of it.

Its the old joke, what are you going to give someone for their wedding? A blender or a toaster. People used to say you have a wedding registry or you may end up with 20 of both.

It seems he was just joking 'what do you give the woman who is about to have everything? A blender of course'. He was just a bit specific.

What information about the bridal party do we have? All I have seen is speculation, easily believable or not, of George and Charlotte. Am I missing something :ermm:

I highly doubt he was trying to get a free juicer out of it.

Its the old joke, what are you going to give someone for their wedding? A blender or a toaster. People used to say you have a wedding registry or you may end up with 20 of both.

It seems he was just joking 'what do you give the woman who is about to have everything? A blender of course'. He was just a bit specific.

I do however find it a bit odd that they have not yet opened (or have I missed) the gift registry/money to your favourite charity channel. Does anyone know what the arrangements are?:whistling:

Do we know if Patrick and Troian are invited to the wedding? I'm a Suits and fan and made it though several seasons of PLL so it would be weird to see them at a British royal wedding.

I find it really weird watching Meghan in Suits now, it's like the melding of fake world and real world in a really odd way.

Do we know if Patrick and Troian are invited to the wedding? I'm a Suits and fan and made it though several seasons of PLL so it would be weird to see them at a British royal wedding.

I find it really weird watching Meghan in Suits now, it's like the melding of fake world and real world in a really odd way.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. Meghan will of course have friends and co-workers at the wedding. Like any non-royal bride at a royal wedding. She has very little family, so she will have more room on the guest list for friends.

Why would it be odd? There are plenty of celebrities at royal weddings. If the Beckhams attended the Cambridge wedding, and they only met Will a handful of times at charity events, why is it odd co-workers of Meghan would attend?

I do however find it a bit odd that they have not yet opened (or have I missed) the gift registry/money to your favourite charity channel. Does anyone know what the arrangements are?

Its possible they are not opening a 'fund' like William and Kate. But perhaps just recommending donations to their foundation instead. It will be the foundation that would over see a wedding fund anyways.

If not, if we see a fund, I'd be expecting it some time soon.

I think reporter Omid Scobie said roughly 20 members of the Suits cast and crew got wedding invites so I'd be surprised if PJA and Troian aren't on the list. Also, it feels like the right move since she didn't/couldn't go to their wedding.

I also had trouble seeing Rachel Zane instead of Meghan Markle as I watched the new season. It made watching the first episode very surreal, but by the end of the episode I mostly saw her character. It's funny though because I do think there's been a slow return to the more confident Rachel from the early seasons of Suits. So in that sense, I think the current portrayal is closer to Meghan's actual personality.

Who is the minister/bishop who will marry Prince Harry and Meghan?

He is the Archbishop of Canterbury if you didn't recognize his name.

LaRae

:previous: Like the Cambridge wedding, the Archbishop will only perform the actual ceremony. The service itself will be conducted by the Dean of Windsor, David Conner (the Dean of Westminster did so for the Cambridge wedding, they also had the bishop of London involved).

The archbishop who will marry them is different then the one who performed the marriage of the Cambridges, and the prayer service for Charles and Camilla. Theirs was performed by Rowan Williams who retired in 2012.

It is traditional, for a royal wedding to be performed by the Archbishop but presided over by the dean of the church they are married in. Edward and Sophie broke that custom by using the Bishop of Norwich instead. The bishop is the queen's local bishop for Sandringham.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. Meghan will of course have friends and co-workers at the wedding. Like any non-royal bride at a royal wedding. She has very little family, so she will have more room on the guest list for friends.

Why would it be odd? There are plenty of celebrities at royal weddings. If the Beckhams attended the Cambridge wedding, and they only met Will a handful of times at charity events, why is it odd co-workers of Meghan would attend?

I think you're missing my point. I still look at Meghan and see Rachel Zane (whose character got progressively more disliked by fans of the show as the series went on fwiw; she's just so whiny and sucks the energy out of most of her scenes). I have zero issue with her inviting them which seems to be what you're accusing me of.

It'll be weird to see Donna Paulson, Harvey Spector, Robert Zane et al sitting in St. George's Chapel, feet from The Queen as Rachel Zane marries Prince Harry. I only know these people from Suits.

Making matters yet more weird, Meghan's character is also planning a wedding on the show and we'll see her walking down the aisle just a few shorts weeks after her character did.

Last edited:
:previous: Well, at least Sarah Rafferty is unlikely to be her matron of honor. Talk about weird less than a month after watching the season finale. :lol:

I think you're missing my point. I still look at Meghan and see Rachel Zane (whose character got progressively more disliked by fans of the show as the series went on fwiw; she's just so whiny and sucks the energy out of most of her scenes). I have zero issue with her inviting them which seems to be what you're accusing me of.

It'll be weird to see Donna Paulson, Harvey Spector, Robert Zane et al sitting in St. George's Chapel, feet from The Queen as Rachel Zane marries Prince Harry. I only know these people from Suits.

Making matters yet more weird, Meghan's character is also planning a wedding on the show and we'll see her walking down the aisle just a few shorts weeks after her character did.

You have to separate the real person from the character she play. The character is made up in a writing room. Just actors playing a part.

Meghan Markle is a real person and folks should take some time to get to know her. She’s not Rachel Zane.

Sorry I guess as adults, I assumed you could separate Meghan from her character :lol:

He is marrying Meghan Markle, not the woman in corny lifetime movies, or a suitcase girl on lets make a deal, or Rachel Zane. He is marrying a real life woman named Meghan Markle.

This is not a tv show. Harry is not marrying a fake person. And these fake characters will not be sitting near the queen. The professional actors who play them will be. Just like the professional actors, athletes and musicians who attended previous royal weddings, sat near the queen as well :flowers:

I have never watched the show just like most people into this relationship. It's not a huge show with 30 million viewers each episode; so when millions of people watch her walk down the aisle I'm sure they will only see Meghan.

Kensington Palace

Verified account

Prince Harry & Ms. Meghan Markle are incredibly grateful for the goodwill they have received since their engagement, & have asked that anyone who might wish to mark the occasion of their wedding considers giving to charity, instead of sending a gift.

LaRae

Posting the link to the Twitter thread for those who want to see the 7 charities they highlighted. Cool mix of projects that represent the couple. I was surprised there wasn't a more specific project re: youth violence but maybe Street Games is the nod to that.

Would have liked to see some charities in the Commonwealth realms.

:previous: Wouldn't Myna Mahilia qualify as a Commonwealth charity? It's based in Mumbai.

:previous:

India isn’t a realm where the Queen is head of state.

The Cambridges chose the Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia for example as part of their wedding fund.

Last edited:
I like all of these choices. I'm especially happy about Myla Mahila, and the mention of Meghan's article in Times.

Great charity selections! They also have little twitter hashtag emojis for the wedding.

I am really happy to see that not only did they include organizations that Harry has worked with, but also charities that Meghan has done work with. I do feel there is a very noticeable balance in this couple's approach. It's not just that Meghan is marrying a royal, but that it's two people coming together on equal footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom