The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Well. Given Harry is soon to be 6th in line , I think a wedding at St George’s with no bank holiday is suitable for someone in his position.
Perhaps it is - though Andrew was at the Abbey and Harry's more similar to him than Edward.

But okay. I'm just disappointed that the pomp and circumstance I associate with Royal Weddings will be mostly absent. I love that part.

I'm gonna go try to get my excitement back up - I feel really deflated by the news.
__________________

  #182  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Perhaps it is - though Andrew was at the Abbey and Harry's more similar to him than Edward.

But okay. I'm just disappointed that the pomp and circumstance I associate with Royal Weddings will be mostly absent. I love that part.

I'm gonna go try to get my excitement back up - I feel really deflated by the news.
I'm bummed about it too.
__________________

  #183  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail
More
#Harry and #Meghan will get married in St George's Chapel at Windsor in May. Exact date to be confirmed. Meghan will also apply to become a British citizen but retain her US citizenship while she does. They want their wedding to be 'fun and joyful' and involve the public.
  #184  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 AM
Emme's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East Coast, United States
Posts: 138
The wedding will be held in May at St. George's Chapel.
  #185  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,382
And Meghan is going to be an Anglican. There'll be a huge reception and party at Windsor Castle, and the wedding will be beautiful

St George's is very old and very prestigious and beautiful. It's lovely. And a joint engagement soon, so they're starting her off early!
  #186  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
CNN is reporting that Kensington Palace says that Windsor Castle has become a special place for the couple. Maybe that's where those long country walks happened? If that's the case, I'm happy for them despite what I wanted.

Meghan Markle intends to become UK citizen after marriage to Prince Harry - CNN
  #187  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Well. Given Harry is soon to be 6th in line , I think a wedding at St George’s with no bank holiday is suitable for someone in his position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Perhaps it is - though Andrew was at the Abbey and Harry's more similar to him than Edward.
I don't see that. Andrew was 4th in line when he married, Edward was 7th. Harry will be 6th when he marries, that puts him closer to Edward. Especially when you consider that Harry is just a grandson to the reigning Monarch. If Charles was King right now I'd think you'd have a better argument for the Abbey.
  #188  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't see that. Andrew was 4th in line when he married, Edward was 7th. Harry will be 6th when he marries, that puts him closer to Edward. Especially when you consider that Harry is just a grandson to the reigning Monarch. If Charles was King right now I'd think you'd have a better argument for the Abbey.
I don't think it was necessarily done because of whichever in line to the throne. I think it's really the couple that had the final decision as this could've gone either way if we were to look at precedence. Kensington Palace has said that Windsor Castle has become close to the couple's heart. I'm willing to wager that they've spent significant time there already.
  #189  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Perhaps it is - though Andrew was at the Abbey and Harry's more similar to him than Edward.

But okay. I'm just disappointed that the pomp and circumstance I associate with Royal Weddings will be mostly absent. I love that part.

I'm gonna go try to get my excitement back up - I feel really deflated by the news.
This is not a small out of the way Church. They can have a really nice even grand wedding there. From what we are hearing they want it to be a fun and joyful event so perhaps not super formal in 'tone'. That doesn't mean we won't get a gorgeous dress and beautiful decorations ..lots of guests.


LaRae
  #190  
Old 11-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Welp. There goes all of the pomp and circumstance I was craving. I'm sure the ceremony will be lovely. Just disappointed about the location. Really, really disappointed.

No balcony kiss.

Oh well.
They can still have a bit more pomp then at Edward's Wedding. Let's hope the men will wear their uniforms and Orders etc. At Edward's wedding they had that strange dresscode with men in morning suit (despite the Wedding beeing in the late afternoon) and the ladies in long gown's but neither tiaras or hats where wished.
And they can still have a nice carriage tour through Windsor town.
__________________
Stefan



  #191  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
This is not a small out of the way Church. They can have a really nice even grand wedding there. From what we are hearing they want it to be a fun and joyful event so perhaps not super formal in 'tone'. That doesn't mean we won't get a gorgeous dress and beautiful decorations ..lots of guests.


LaRae
I have said REPEATEDLY that my issue isn't the ceremony/wedding itself but all of the pomp and circumstance of the procession to get to the church, the people lining the streets cheering, the excitement of waiting to see the bride arrive at the church, the arrival of the other royals at the church, Harry and Wil's arrival at the church and then the procession through the streets afterwards. The bells ringing loudly... when Sophie got out of the car at her wedding (and Camilla too), there was nearly no reaction from the few people they could fit in that area.

It just fell flat for me - as a royal watcher who loves that aspect of royal weddings.

I've said more than once that the actual wedding I expect to be lovely - the one thing I did like about E+S's wedding was the lovely ceremony - but what I was completely overwhelmed by was the procession to the church for everyone. That was just ... so lacking in pomp and circumstance that it felt less like a royal wedding to me.

The one bright spot for the moment for me is that the venue is gorgeous and I can only imagine the flowers they'll have - but I am sorely disappointed that the P&C part won't live up to what I was hoping for.
  #192  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
That makes sense..I wondered where it was they were taking these long country walks without running into people (who might have cameras etc).

This, marrying at St George, ties into their sentimental/romantic take on things so far.


LaRae
  #193  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Emily Andrews is reporting that the wedding will be televised.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...38544235433985
  #194  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
Very exciting news. It’s sure to be lovely in every way.
  #195  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Emily Andrews is reporting that the wedding will be televised.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...38544235433985
I'd have been shocked if it wasn't.
  #196  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I have said REPEATEDLY that my issue isn't the ceremony/wedding itself but all of the pomp and circumstance of the procession to get to the church, the people lining the streets cheering, the excitement of waiting to see the bride arrive at the church, the arrival of the other royals at the church, Harry and Wil's arrival at the church and then the procession through the streets afterwards. The bells ringing loudly... when Sophie got out of the car at her wedding (and Camilla too), there was nearly no reaction from the few people they could fit in that area.

It just fell flat for me - as a royal watcher who loves that aspect of royal weddings.

I've said more than once that the actual wedding I expect to be lovely - the one thing I did like about E+S's wedding was the lovely ceremony - but what I was completely overwhelmed by was the procession to the church for everyone. That was just ... so lacking in pomp and circumstance that it felt less like a royal wedding to me.

The one bright spot for the moment for me is that the venue is gorgeous and I can only imagine the flowers they'll have - but I am sorely disappointed that the P&C part won't live up to what I was hoping for.
I feel better after reading that Windsor is close to the couple's heart.
  #197  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't see that. Andrew was 4th in line when he married, Edward was 7th. Harry will be 6th when he marries, that puts him closer to Edward. Especially when you consider that Harry is just a grandson to the reigning Monarch. If Charles was King right now I'd think you'd have a better argument for the Abbey.
But Princess Alexandra a cousin of the Queen also had a Abbey Wedding. And she was much further back in the line of succession then place 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I have said REPEATEDLY that my issue isn't the ceremony/wedding itself but all of the pomp and circumstance of the procession to get to the church, the people lining the streets cheering, the excitement of waiting to see the bride arrive at the church, the arrival of the other royals at the church, Harry and Wil's arrival at the church and then the procession through the streets afterwards.
But much of the that was already pulled down in 2011 when the choose cars for the arrivals at the Abbey and not a big carriage procession like in 1986.
__________________
Stefan



  #198  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I feel better after reading that Windsor is close to the couple's heart.
I'm working on it,

I really stupidly got my hopes up, lol.
  #199  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
I knew St. George’s Chapel, Windsor, would be the place. It’s going to be televised and they can kiss on the Chapel’s steps.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #200  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
I'm chuffed Windsor will get a Royal Wedding tourism boost. Friends of mine run [respectively] a Pub and a restaurant there, and the town's economy could do with such an injection of interest.
For Americans who'd like to see the celebrations in person, there are some great Hotels there, [Heathrow is but a few miles away] and London is easily accessible by both Rail and car...

DO come, you'd be so very welcome !
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baptism british british royal family british royals camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hello! highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers luxembourg monarchist movements monarchists mongolia pless politics prince harry queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan speech st edward suthida swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×