Harry and Meghan: Tour of Southern Africa - September 23-October 2, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

I’m not clicking on daily fail, but why would they expect Meghan to buy multiple hats? When’s the last time a British royal wore many hats on tour?
This isn’t Queen Maxima we’re talking about:star:

I think they meant it would boost the local economy because local ladies would buy hats to attend events where the Duke and Duchess would be present.

Anyway, I believe it was supposed to be a joke and not to be taken as a statement of fact.

I’m not clicking on daily fail, but why would they expect Meghan to buy multiple hats? When’s the last time a British royal wore many hats on tour:ermm:?
This isn’t Queen Maxima we’re talking about:star:

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing how Meghan incorporates local fashion on this tour. It would be an enormous coup for a local designer if she wore their clothes.

I’m also very curious how they’ll handle the logistics of a 5-month-old baby on tour in Africa.

Maybe they expect the crowds to buy hats to wear while they wait for them at each walkabout?

I’m not clicking on daily fail, but why would they expect Meghan to buy multiple hats?

The quote from the High Commissioner was about the locals having a hat & dress buying frenzy not Meghan.

Well, I'm looking forward to this tour. So far, it seems only South Africa is confirmed. Do we have any ideas about other countries that would be visited on this tour?

Surprised the palace has let this announcement get away from them - another PR misstep. :ermm:

Surprised the palace has let this announcement get away from them - another PR misstep. :ermm:

Agreed, whoever was supposed to put out the information let the ball drop. Very sloppy.

It does seem that the High Commissioner jumped the gun as no one else has come out and confirmed rest of the trip yet. Perhaps he thought he could talk about it as some news outlets have gotten wind of it.

It is not the first time the Sussex team has messed up with announcements; there were plenty of mistakes around the birth of Archie. I am sure they will eventually get there!

It is not the first time the Sussex team has messed up with announcements; there were plenty of mistakes around the birth of Archie. I am sure they will eventually get there!

Hold up, how is it the Sussexes or their team’s fault that the High Commissioner jumped the gun? It’s clear that everyone else (BP and the UK official coordinating locally and in UK) understood it’s not the time to announce yet. In short of either not telling him or go and send a guard ready to tackle him if it looks like he’s about to spill the bean, how can they stop him?

And let’s be clear, with any leadership, the buck stops at the top. And in BP communication, the top is HM’s Communication Secretary.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify what the HC said that we didn’t already know? As far as I can see he hasn’t told us anything new.

It’s also got nothing to do with Sussexes, they can’t control what other people say in interviews. If anything the HC messed up.

The HC announced what we already knew...they are going to South Africa. The same way we have heard the Cambridges are going to Asia. Clearly someone is leaking info of all these tours. I wish they would stop until full details are official and ready for release.

We usually hear about tours before they are announced. It’s not anything unusual.

What’s unusual is the HC confirming it before it’s announced. But Lumutqueen is accurate that he didn’t say anything we didn’t know. Which is why I thought the reports led him to think it was ok to say this before it’s officially announced. He’s obviously excited about it. It is what it is.

I would think KP would’ve given the ok for him to just announce or acknowledge the tour. It’s KP that will make the official announcement with a little summary of why they’re going. Then later in the year and closer to the time of the tour, they will announce the itinerary.

I don’t see a mistake here on KP’s part. Just the usual. The High Commissioner of South Africa just officially acknowledged the tour. We already knew it was going to happen.

Last edited:
Nigel Casey is the British High Commissioner to South Africa.

Last edited:
Well it is confirmed now. And it appears Archie will be joining. Meghan is just doing the South African portion. Harry will travel to the other regions.

Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Tour of Africa - Autumn 2019

We have confirmation from Sussex Royal Instagram and Buckingham Palace ;

Meghan will only go to South Africa with Archie and Henry will travel on to Botswana, Angola and Malawi;

“Buckingham Palace confirms the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s autumn tour to Africa, as I first revealed in @thesundaytimes in April. Harry & Meghan will Visit South Africa, perhaps with Archie, and Harry will also Visit Malawi, Angola and Botswana”

So it’s The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visit South Africa, The Duke of Sussex visits Botswana, Malawi and Angola.

Last edited:
It'll be fun! I'll be short on sleep during that time, but it'll be so much fun!:lol:

I also have to chuckle how this went from the Sussexes will be in Africa for 3 years to a few months to a few weeks and now it is Meghan for a few days and Harry off solo.

Just another example of how the press can twist things when they hear a snippet of info.

Archie will be at a cute age too for his second round of public appearances!

LaRae

Can’t wait to see that little crumb snatcher on this tour.

Looking forward to it. It will be so great, and lovely to see the three of them. I'm glad Archie will be in South Africa only though. Angola especially is too much of a risk health wise.

Archie on his first tour. How exciting! :D

I wonder if Meghan will do some solo engagements in SA while Harry is busy elsewhere? I would not be surprised.

My guess is that Meghan might have a solo engagement in SA but I suspect once Harry leaves that she and Archie will he heading back home. I doubt she stays in SA unless they close out the tour there, which I find unlikely.

i am excited that we may get to see archie during the tour :) i bet he is growing really fast, we may not recognise him from the first time he was introduced to the press.

My guess is that Meghan might have a solo engagement in SA but I suspect once Harry leaves that she and Archie will he heading back home. I doubt she stays in SA unless they close out the tour there, which I find unlikely.

I guess we have to wait for more details but I wouldn't be surprised either way, particularly since it's not exactly a short flight and Harry may want to travel with them.

Will we see Archie on this tour, or will he just be in the background, as he is a private citizen, and not HRH?

I suspect it will be much like when the Cambridges visited Australia there were children events that Prince George was brought to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom