Harry and Meghan: Tour of Southern Africa - September 23-October 2, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day the reporters are doing THEM a favour in bothering to record their activities on tours (all the royals). I've always wondered what royal tours achieve anyway other than to give the royal family good PR and make them look relevent. It's OK to say that it gives the reporters a job but these people are professional journalists and would get a job somewhere else anyway. The royals should realise that they need the media more than it needs them and if Harry and Meghan find it so awful they are free to give it all up tomorrow. They would be forgotten about by the media and the public at large within a week.

First off, I'd say that using the term "professional journalists" is a oxymoron in many cases. :D

The tours such as this recent one to SA by Harry and Meghan was a working tour and hence, focused on areas the issues that need calling attention to. Yes, its true that there should be a good working relationship between the royals and the journalists that are covering the tour as they're both working for the same purpose and that is bringing attention to areas where its sorely needed. They, rightly so, should be working hand in hand professionally but as we've seen, it doesn't always happen that way.

At the end of the day the reporters are doing THEM a favour in bothering to record their activities on tours (all the royals). I've always wondered what royal tours achieve anyway other than to give the royal family good PR and make them look relevent. It's OK to say that it gives the reporters a job but these people are professional journalists and would get a job somewhere else anyway. The royals should realise that they need the media more than it needs them and if Harry and Meghan find it so awful they are free to give it all up tomorrow. They would be forgotten about by the media and the public at large within a week.

Royal Reporters (British Media) aren't needed quite as much as they have been in the past, especially today with so many social media options to get their message out and the fact that the RR (BM) haven't exactly been professional/trust worthy and have more or less turned into gossip mungers. Meghan has had several successful projects with limited assistance from this group of people and in one case they tried to sabotage it.

Harry and Meghan's successful tours have nothing to do with the BM but rather because 1. They (H/M) come prepared and engage with people in a caring manner and represent the UK/Queen in a positive light. 2. There is a global interest in this couple so there is going to be coverage from other news outlets that then to be more objective.

I will also say that RR (BM) can also do damage to the UK reputation, especially when it claims that it is representing the British Public.

Harry and Meghan's tour of Southern Africa is wonderful. I've been watching tapes from the tour over and over. It's a good thing that there are tapes.
And now I'm looking forward to Watching the Documentary by Tom Bradby whenever that comes out.

I had a feeling Bradby was doing a documentary. During the very first engagement of thr tour we saw Harry and Meghan go in a corner and give a joint interview to who looked like Bradby before they continued on. And there were little moments throughout where it seemed like that was happening with them.

I doubt we see much of Archie despite what Hello! says.

:previous: Hmmm, maybe that's another reason why M&H also gave interviews to a few other selected reporters, so that them talking to Bradby wouldn't stand out as unusual or exclusive.

All the time during the tour, apparently the media thought M&H giving them interviews meant they had softened up or given in, or something. We were probably always going to strategically see Archie on this tour (as the visit with Desmond Tutu was likely preplanned). I'm fine with seeing Archie whenever M&H wish to share him with us. And they might be more forthcoming if some quarters of the media were less clamoring and beyond the bounds.

Harry and Meghan's tour of Southern Africa is wonderful. I've been watching tapes from the tour over and over. It's a good thing that there are tapes.
And now I'm looking forward to Watching the Documentary by Tom Bradby whenever that comes out.

Yes, it will be nice to find out when and where the documentary will be released.

I was noticing some still photos taken on Oct 2, the final day of the tour, and I can't help but be struck by the deep connection between these two. Now, this is LOVE: :twohearts:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...ogressive,q_80,w_800/mivakk1slydl3rrgxevf.jpg

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...rkle-documentary-africa-tour-1570180655.jpg?c

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/b1b9...jpg?width=605&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

The third photo above won't link properly, so here is the photo in the original source, linked here only for the photo:
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...-the-mail-on-sunday?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely story about Meghan and I hope it shows the Sussexes that the British media is not what defines them.

Court Circular 30th September:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this morning visited a memorial cairn and laid a wreath, Liwonde National Park, Malawi.

His Royal Highness, President, African Parks, afterwards received a briefing on counter-poaching operations at Liwonde National Park Headquarters.

The Duke of Sussex, President, African Parks, this afternoon viewed a counter-poaching demonstration by African Parks Rangers and 2nd Battalion Royal Gurkha Rifles at Liwonde National Park.

His Royal Highness later unveiled The Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy, Liwonde National Park and Mangochi Forest Reserve.

Court Circular 30th September:
Buckingham Palace
The Duchess of Sussex this afternoon visited Victoria Yards, 16 Viljoen Street, Lorentzville, Johannesburg, South Africa.

Posts unrelated to the tour of South Africa itself have been deleted. Members should know full well that the Royal Forums does not encourage comparisons between members of the Royal Family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom