Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and thank you, Sun Lion, for your on the spot coverage for RF that is so much appreciated by the rest of us online!:flowers: I am glad the Oztour was such a success and l I earned so much about Aussieness; thanks so much for your explanations! By the same token, if you want Canuck coverage, we are only too happy to oblige!:lol:

I second that one wholeheartedly!
Thanks Sun Lion. :flowers:

Me three on those echoes!! :D

Its people that have provided extensive postings of anything that happened ɹǝpun uʍop that have make TRF the go to place for anything that happened and wonderful discussions that came from it.

You guys are the best!! :cheer:

Honestly, last time I saw security this tight on a walkabout was in Ireland. They were surrounding them. Usually they do stay back a little bit to let the photographers do their job. I've also seen a few people being warned.
Think 'Rainbow Warrior'. We no longer are quite as sanguine about safe little old NZ tucked away at the bottom of the world and ignored by the worries of the world.

Harry and Meghan are crazy, mad, popular and that brings out the fans and the fruitloops. They are HM's reresentatives and her special ambassadors to the youth of the Commonwealth and I for one am glad they are taking no chances and we'll probably never know if their was any added threat.

Love her speech, another amazing one. Also loved that behind her was cool pic of HM. From another vid, after her speech you could see the Prime Minister telling her "perfect" with a huge smile on her face. Well done Meghan.

What an amazing speech. It was only highlighted with her standing under the massive portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. What a statement.

Also lovely seeing the interaction between Meghan and Jacinda Ardern. They seem very impressed by each other. She mouthed "perfect" to Meghan after her speech.

125 year anniversary. Amazing achievement NZ of giving women the right to vote. :flowers:

Fantastic speech. I have liked all if hers, impressed, thus tour. But this one was amazing. She is a great public speaker. And you can actually feel the personal touch in these. They don't feel like a generic speech her staff helped write.

The Invictus one was the same. I am happy how she handled the hug, and how she kept attention where it should be.

At Maranui Café in Wellington The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are meeting young New Zealanders supporting others in the area of mental health. #RoyalVisitNZ

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
32m32 minutes ago

Such a wonderful speech from Meghan. I knew that New Zealand granted women the right to vote very early on, though I didn't realise quite how early women in New Zealand gained voting rights.
This has been a fantastic tour to follow so far, and shows that Meghan is and will be a great asset to the BRF.

At the end of the engagement Duchess Meghan asked for the cakes that were out on the tables to be taken outside to a group of local school children that had greeted them earlier
- Omid Scobie

Such a wonderful speech from Meghan. I knew that New Zealand granted women the right to vote very early on, though I didn't realise quite how early women in New Zealand gained voting rights.
This has been a fantastic tour to follow so far, and shows that Meghan is and will be a great asset to the BRF.

Important to note that they were 1st country to do so.

Important to note that they were 1st country to do so.

And by a good amount. Australia was second and it was 9 years later. Canada was sixth and we didn't get the right until 24 years later. NZ definitely led the way for women. :flowers:

Sweet that Meghan had the cakes sent out to the waiting school kids.

And by a good amount. Australia was second and it was 9 years later. Canada was sixth and we didn't get the right until 24 years later. NZ definitely led the way for women. :flowers:

Sweet that Meghan had the cakes sent out to the waiting school kids.
Yes, but Australia was the first country to allow women to stand in the parliament. Even so, NZ held the trigger for future hope for women rights. I love to read about this.

They are on their way to the next engagement.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive at the military terminal to board an Air Force NH90 helicopter that will take them to Tasman in Wellington

Here are Duchess Meghan's three speeches on tour in full:

Meghan is very thoughtful and articulate. She was able to greet Fijians and New Zealanders very convincingly in their native languages. It's clear that Meghan had some nerves, but she handles those jitters so smoothly. I'm sure her acting training helps. Plus, she's used to being on stage from a young girl acting in school productions. And I recently saw the Middle school graduation speech Meghan gave at the age of 13. She's amazing!

speech in NewZealand

speech in Fiji (starts at 2:23)

at Invictus Games (starts at 0:39)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I think about it, Tonga is the only country she didn't speak in, right?

Three impressive speeches. She is clearly comfortable speaking and passionate.

Yes Tonga is the only one she didn't speak in. I guess the opportunity didn't present itself.

I agree her career helps with the speeches but she was natural even when younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this happened. :lol:

Sophie Walsh

Verified account

@sophie_walsh9
Follow Follow @sophie_walsh9
More
Prince Harry speaking from Abel Tasman National Park “From my wife, myself and our little bump, it’s a blessing to be here ... We bring you greetings from my grandmother.” @9NewsAUS #royaltour

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
30m30 minutes ago
More
At the Maranui Cafe, Meghan spoke about the pressures social media puts young people under:
“You see photos... and you don’t know whether she’s born with it or maybe it’s a filter.
“Your judgement of your sense of self-worth becomes really skewed when it’s all based on likes.”

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
8m8 minutes ago
More
During the visit Harry and Meghan were gifted two baby rompers from the awesome staff and volunteers at @LLAotearoa, a 24-hour crisis service offering free community helplines and text message support to people of all ages in New Zealand.

Let's keep the conversation off of Meghan's parents.

The Prime Minister of NZ Jacinda Ardern yesterday bestowed Megsie a set of earrings and Harry was given a Shape Shifter CD and Vinyl record.

For me it is wonderful that the main line of the RF now has three women the people seem to love on meeting - Camilla, Catherine and now Meghan.

Apparently this happened. :lol:

Sophie Walsh

Verified account

@sophie_walsh9
Follow Follow @sophie_walsh9
More
Prince Harry speaking from Abel Tasman National Park “From my wife, myself and our little bump, it’s a blessing to be here ... We bring you greetings from my grandmother.” @9NewsAUS #royaltour

Oh that's so cute. "Our little bump". :D

One thing has proven true to me that I've held since Meghan came into the picture and that was that she would excel as a public speaker. With the number of speeches that she's done on this tour so far, it shows that she was ready to do them rather than being given time to adjust to public speaking as someone who has never done it would likely have been.

Sometimes I think that Meghan's life up until she met Harry was all preparation for the biggest role in her life so that when it did happen, she would take to it like a duck to water.

TRH The Duke and Duchess in Wellington today.

Just looked at some of the pictures of the Tonga visit and it seems that the crown prince couple wasn't included while his younger sister was. Is it because he lives in New Zealand and she lives on Tonga?

Just looked at some of the pictures of the Tonga visit and it seems that the crown prince couple wasn't included while his younger sister was. Is it because he lives in New Zealand and she lives on Tonga?

Probably was. I believe the King, Queen, Princess Angelika, and Prince Ata were all at the official dinner, but not the Crown Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom