Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see where the journalists go when there engagements are split, later on today.

Oh I can answer that easily...with Meghan. We already have photos of Harry in a forest from Fraser Island. And this will be Meghan's first overseas solo engagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t KP say she’ll say a few words? That’s a lot of words, KP! :lol:

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Meghan's first official speech was so well done. Personal, substantive and flawlessly delivered.

As a woman of color myself who also had to bust my butt to cover my college education, her speech really resonated with me. The BRF has the real deal with her. I hope they know that.

It will be interesting to see where the journalists go when there engagements are split, later on today.

Agree with Terri Terri on that Axeyman.

We've had two broadcast's of Meghan's speech by Channel 9 already, but haven't yet seen Harry's! :lol:

Coverage of Meghan at the market on Oz TV now - so many phone cameras pointed at her.

Oh my! People standing on the produce stalls to get a good look at her.

And commentator saying the couple will be spending tonight on a private island.

:lol: And more on Meghan's speech!

Gee, I wish they would cheer up or something. :lol:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6308963-image-a-91_1540337248908.jpg

Meghan looking lovely -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6308963-image-m-94_1540337502130.jpg

Last edited:
"Meghan's clutch was made by local women and was purchased at the Suva market in Fiji"
Meghan’s Mirror

Really liked her speech. I am sure the initiative will be appreciated.

Meghan’s visit to the Suva market has been cut short due to security risk.

Meghan’s visit to the Suva market has been cut short due to security risk.

One of the reporters tweeted that people were scaling walls. So I am not surprised. How disappointing for everyone but there is no way the security was going to play around.

One of the reporters tweeted that people were scaling walls. So I am not surprised. How disappointing for everyone but there is no way the security was going to play around.

Some said there were people scaling roofs.

Wonderful first speech for Meghan. Personal and well delivered :flowers:

Great pictures from today. Both colorful.

Disappointing market had to be cut short but understandable for safety.

Honestly, if there was one engagement that should’ve been embargoed, this would’ve been it. There were several engagement in Australia that was embargoed, but I think those situations were far easier to control than the market today.

It's a shame she didn't get to meet with them. Be nice if there had been a way for her to still meet them.

Agree this is kind of event secrecy might have been better with beforehand.

The Markles are off-topic. The comments about Thomas Markle and who paid for Meghan’s education, have been deleted.

Video of the crowd as she is leaving. How is it that people are able to get THAT close to her car? No wonder her security detail pulled her out early. Again, this should’ve been embargoed.

WHOA. That is a security nightmare. They were way too close to her and the car. Her female RPO looked like she was about to knock someone out if they stepped out of bounds. The KP security team needed to handle that situation, and they did the best that they could under the circumstances.

It is fascinating watching the reporting of this. The UK reporters are spinning it like it is no big deal and Meghan should have stayed and risked her safety while everyone else described it as "chaotic" and understand why the security were concerned. If that doesn't say it all nothing does.

People were scaling roofs and walls, standing on produce stalls and massive crowds were closing in. In that sort of chaos the RPOs would have decided to get her out of there quick. It's a pity more police weren't there to marshal the crowds away a bit. It's very disappointing for the women traders and for locals who just wanted to get a glimpse of 'the Duchess'.

In this video, the women to Meghan’s left, that is wearing a black shirt with blond hair, is the Sussexes’ new head of security. She looks like she’s about to flip out. Even in the market, people are standing on the stalls and such, which any good security detail would tell you is a red flag.

WHOA. That is a security nightmare. They were way too close to her and the car. Her female RPO looked like she was about to knock someone out if they stepped out of bounds. The KP security team needed to handle that situation, and they did the best that they could under the circumstances.

Harry must be having kittens after seeing this...good grief!

LaRae

Btw, we have to remember that she is pregnant. The crowd was enthusiastic, but if someone falls off the stall into the walkway, it can break the whole dam with so many others there. And it seems the crowd is difficult to control as so many got past the security at her car.

BTW, not only did most of the media follow Meghan, but it looked like Private Secretaries did. I spotted both Samantha Cohen and Amy Pickerill at Suva Market. Who is with Harry?

KP is saying that she met with everyone that she’s supposed to. So in that case, I can see why they wanted her out of there ASAP.

Of course it was best to get Meghan out of there but the Fijian locals meant no harm. They are the friendliest people in the world. I've been to those markets and the traders are wonderful. It's just that there could have been a few more police rostered on IMO. It was such a shame that Meghan's meeting with the successful women traders had to be cut short.

I think this was a mix of poor planning by KP and miscommunication with the local authorities and the KP security team. The Australian reporters on the ground during the live broadcast kept saying it was chaotic and one of them was even pushed into some pineapples.

I am not sure I like KP blaming the large crowds either because it came off as "blaming" the community. The Fijian's were excited to see Meghan and that is a good thing.

I don't know what is wrong with the UK reporters. Yes, I've seen more chaotic royal visits, but we have no idea what the security heard, saw or just "felt." Blame poor planning or whatever, but this was NOT Meghan's fault and the insinuations that some royal reporters are making are completely untoward and unprofessional.

Not sure whether this has been put up here already. Apologies if it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom