Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca English tweeted about a couple of places that they are visiting today that they cant tell us about yet. I thought the whole days schedule was known.

We've had live crosses throughout normal programming this morning jacqui24 - every time something has happened.

We will have dedicated live coverage from 11.30am until 3.00pm - with ad breaks.

Hope you have a good tour day.

TV is showing the crowds awaiting the drive past.

Just gone 11.00am here and the car is about half way there - having a very good run at the moment.

Whew, I was worried for you guys in Australia. :lol: I love this couple, but even I couldn’t bear the entire live stream of their plane taxiing and the helicopter following them the entire way.

Rebecca English tweeted about a couple of places that they are visiting today that they cant tell us about yet. I thought the whole days schedule was known.

It has been mentioned that there is an embargo on some engagements due to various reasons. The actual engagement tally is said to be over 80 in total.

So is that a security thing - or are they hoping to avoid protesters.

Remember when William and Kate went to a Reception in Queensland and a woman sat down - was she breastfeeding her baby, that's how I remember it - in the entrance.

The police couldn't move her, but she was persuaded to step aside just before the couple got there.

And yes jacqui24 - that car is still on going, not there yet.

Boy did they clear that road for the green corridor - a three lane freeway road, with a side lane each side, and only the royal motocade on it!

Still to go over the Westgate Bridge.

Last edited:
I believe Rebecca and others have said today’s embargoed engagements are for security reasons.

Looks like Harry and Meghan are sitting in traffic due to a truck accident....wonder how far back they can push the events...they have 5 or 6 today.

LaRae

Sorry folks but the endone is sending me to sleep and so I am not able to give my opinion on things as I had hoped.

I have Channel 7 on but I am sleeping for hours at a time and missing so much. Strange that I wasn't doing in the hospital but they say that as I will be doing a lot more at home to expect to be tired and in pain a lot more.

I missed most of Dubbo yesterday but I did get a phone call from my friends from Bathurst who went up and they told me it was a wonderful day although there were so many people there they barely saw more than Harry's balding head and didn't see anything of Meghan at all as she was too short. They bought some souvenirs and some for me as well. So something to look forward to. They couldn't even get a photo of the couple due to the size of the crowds.

Sorry folks but the endone is sending me to sleep and so I am not able to give my opinion on things as I had hoped.

I have Channel 7 on but I am sleeping for hours at a time and missing so much. Strange that I wasn't doing in the hospital but they say that as I will be doing a lot more at home to expect to be tired and in pain a lot more.

I missed most of Dubbo yesterday but I did get a phone call from my friends from Bathurst who went up and they told me it was a wonderful day although there were so many people there they barely saw more than Harry's balding head and didn't see anything of Meghan at all as she was too short. They bought some souvenirs and some for me as well. So something to look forward to. They couldn't even get a photo of the couple due to the size of the crowds.

Best Wishes Iluvbertie.

Thanks for sharing your friends' first hand account of yesterday's activities.

Lucky Harry has long arms to reach those presents from people in the back in the crowd this morning!

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that rerouting to because the traffic took soo long.

The original itinerary only had 15 mins for greeting crowds but clearly they didn't take into account the size of the crowds.

It's another Aussie designer - Dion Lee this time & pairing it with the (also Aussie) Michael Grant trench from day 1.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebr...le-prince-harry-melbourne-day-3-tour-outfits/

Thanks Chloep - commentators disappointed Meghan has her coat on.

Wonder if she will change through the day - especially for the beach event.

Bare feet will be ok there Meghan - you're in Australia after all.

Glad they're not rushing through the crowd to make up time.

Going to be an event on the lawn of Government House after the Reception inside.

Last edited:
Well, I got here late, at around 9:30am. Masses of people lining up. I ended up on Harry's side of the barriers at Government House drive. Dear Harry was the same as ever, very warm and friendly with the crowds. I've seen him before at Sandringham (when he had a bit more hair!) He came past us, the crowds about five deep where I was, but people moving along where they could. Hard to tell, as people at the back are moving along with Harry all the time.

I managed to get the lady in front to give him my baby congrats card, he said something I couldn't catch. He was getting tons of cards and flowers etc. The cheering was very loud as you can hear on the broadcast, probably.

I saw Meghan in her camel coloured coat,over the other side (from a distance,) smaller than I expected somehow, though wearing heels. I'm so excited. They've got a great reception. A lot of squealing, what's more young people (and people holding up their cell phones.)

Sounds like the visit to the Girls School yesterday was quite the experience for those Girls. As has been said, this is when Meghan being Biracial is such an asset, because she's also had to deal w/discrimination simply due to what she is instead of who she is. She truly can relate w/these Girls on many levels & that will mean so much to them. That a VIP visiting the School really & truly understands & gets it...It will have ripple effects for years to come.

Sun Lion, that doesn't surprise me regarding the Favourites for Wheelchair Rugby. That was last year's Gold Medal Final & the Danes are just unreal!! Their Supporters are also beyond loud!! That level of noise I expected from your fellow Aussies, but the Danes!?! My ears were ringing for a couple of hrs after the Game. That's how loud they were.

It's unfortunate that rerouting to because the traffic took soo long.

The original itinerary only had 15 mins for greeting crowds but clearly they didn't take into account the size of the crowds.

I think something happened before they got to Melbourne Fros - late departure from Sydney or some such.

Maybe they slowed down the flight because the accident had already happened, and they needed time, before arriving, to work out what to do.

Commentators were saying they were due at Government House in fifteen minutes when the plane was still rolling to the terminal.

And it's a forty minute drive into the city centre, even without that truck losing it's load.

Looks like the change of route didn't lose them any time.

They had the carriageway completely to themselves.

The rest of Melbourne must have got gridlock though.

First from the actual truck accident, and then from the locking down of entrances to the freeway, in order to give the Royals the green corridor.

Being reported they spent half an hour with the crowd. I think this will just roll on, but people will be patient anyway and love seeing them when they get to the next event.

Well, I got here late, at around 9:30am. Masses of people lining up. I ended up on Harry's side of the barriers at Government House drive. Dear Harry was the same as ever, very warm and friendly with the crowds. I've seen him before at Sandringham (when he had a bit more hair!) He came past us, the crowds about five deep where I was, but people moving along where they could. Hard to tell, as people at the back are moving along with Harry all the time.

I managed to get the lady in front to give him my baby congrats card, he said something I couldn't catch. He was getting tons of cards and flowers etc. The cheering was very loud as you can hear on the broadcast, probably.

I saw Meghan in her camel coloured coat,over the other side (from a distance,) smaller than I expected somehow, though wearing heels. I'm so excited. They've got a great reception. A lot of squealing, what's more young people (and people holding up their cell phones.)

Wonderful to have a first-hand account Curryong.

I bet you were excited!

Glad you were able to get your card to Harry.

Must be a happy, festive atmosphere to be in.

Did you see the guy complete in his Grenadier's uniform.

Some seem a bit overcome by it all -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6288219-image-a-61_1539823843843.jpg

Nice photo, and Meghan's taken her coat off -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...s_Government_House_wil-a-78_1539824543821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not him specifically but there were several people did dress up, wearing tiaras, tulle skirts etc. A few holding up signs. There was a toddler near me in a tiara and sparkley tights!

The 2 embargoed engagements must be the visit to the primary school and the social enterprise cafe.

Not him specifically but there were several people did dress up, wearing tiaras, tulle skirts etc. A few holding up signs. There was a toddler near me in a tiara and sparkley tights!

How gorgeous does that sound - tiara and sparkley tights.

You'll have to scan the photos - you may be in there with eveyone else Curryong.

Now an interview on TV with the young lady photographed getting a hug from Harry - posted above.

So emotional - happy crying about it.

And an article about the overwhelmed you lady's encounter with Harry -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ralian-teenager-broke-royal-protocol-hug.html

And the photographers were ready for that - a shocked Meghan when that student demonstration went pop.

Those photos will be out soon.

That's what I was surprised at actually, and pleased. The diversity of the crowds, mums and babies and older Aussies are to be expected in Royal crowds but there were teenagers there and people in their twenties and thirties. I think the Royal aides and the couple would be happy with the crowds in Melbourne today.

I think Meghan felt she needed that coat. There was a bit of a nip in the air early on, but it's now become a bit warmer.

That's what I was surprised at actually, and pleased. The diversity of the crowds, mums and babies and older Aussies are to be expected in Royal crowds but there were teenagers there and people in their twenties and thirties. I think the Royal aides and the couple would be happy with the crowds in Melbourne today.

I think Meghan felt she needed that coat. There was a bit of a nip in the air early on, but it's now become a bit warmer.

With so much coverage, perhaps the crowds will just grow and grow as the tour progesses Curryong.

People won't want to miss out.

If the weather's good tomorrow, Bondi will get big, big crowds.

Harry and Meghan look like they're dancing on that lawn -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6288219-image-a-90_1539827809141.jpg

Last edited:
Glad they spent a full 30 minutes with the crowd. They have been waiting for hours.

The crowd sang Stand bye to the couple which is beyond sweet.

Harry with the Victorian Governor, chatting with servicemen, young entrepreneurs. The Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews was nearby. Meghan now chatting, with some of the entrepreneurs. She looks a little tired actually, maybe a bit shell-shocked by the pace of the tour.

Harry with the Victorian Governor, chatting with servicemen, young entrepreneurs. The Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews was nearby. Meghan now chatting, with some of the entrepreneurs. She looks a little tired actually, maybe a bit shell-shocked by the pace of the tour.

Not suprised to hear that Curryong - Meghan looking tired.

The couple are just about to leave to head off to the cafe.

Holding hands, holding hands -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6288219-image-m-93_1539827941837.jpg

TV live crossing to the beach - people already there waiting.

And so are some are some grim looking clouds.

Love the helicopter following them through the streets of Melbourne.

Last edited:
I love Megsies reaction when the 2 F1 miniature cars took off.

:previous: Me too Axeyman, and those camera flashes catching it.

Big crowds at the "Charcoal Lane" cafe.

Meghan and Harry checking out the street-art on the walls of the alleyway.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...0000578-6288219-image-a-105_1539830376434.jpg

Wallaby on the menu for their lunch there.

Aerial shots of the crowds outside the cafe - masses of people.

Reporter saying this was meant to be a private event - but word got out, and the masses descended.

This tour is going from strength to strength.

Having about an hour there - and they will be donning aprons and helping out in the kitchen.

Oh good, barramundi also on the menu. But also char-grilled kangaroo and wild-boar.

And reports that Harry will take a surf at Bondi tomorrow - !!!

Well, I hope so, but won't blame him if he doesn't, and that is just a rumour going around.

Last edited:
Megsie will be in her element helping out in the kitchen. Then they are off to a primary school.

Aren't they having kangaroo and roast boar? They are both sniffing some native herbs and flora as accompaniments in the kitchen there. I've never had kangaroo. I refuse to eat our national symbol, but Meghan is listening intently to the chef and she and Harry may try some I'm sure. Harry has rid himself of his tie, I see!

Aren't they having kangaroo and roast boar? They are both sniffing some native herbs and flora as accompaniments in the kitchen there. I've never had kangaroo. I refuse to eat our national symbol, but Meghan is listening intently to the chef and she and Harry may try some I'm sure. Harry has rid himself of his tie, I see!

Commentators just said there's also emu and eel on the menu Curryong.

I grew up with kangaroo - a cheap meat in my childhood. Now promoted as gourmet. :lol:

Very gamey.

Wonder if there is crocodile too.

I thought that was cute, but I wish someone gave the pregnant lady a warning first.

They wanted that shot - they were so ready for that! :lol:

Meghan wearing the necklace a little boy in the crowd made for her - pasta pieces, painted gold.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/ffb122c6b57a22a7770ec1cd3bf4d739?width=650

And here you go Curryong - the mystery of Harry's ring solved -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ing-Duke-Sussex-sporting-Australian-tour.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom