Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe jacqui24. Can't think what else would be added at the last minute apart from some sort of disaster area visit.

Also, are they coming back to Admiralty House tonight - or do they go straight down to Melbourne from Dubbo, ready for tomorrow?

Hope you all saw the cake cutting at the Flying Doctors, Harry is enjoying the day.

If you see footage of the farm visit - due to start in about ten minutes - the reporter was just explaining that this is what is called a green drought.

Doesn't look too bad, but no actual feed there for the stock.

They are going back to Admiralty House tonight. That will be there base until they go to Fraser Island next Monday.

I have heard predictions of between 10-15,000 people being at the Picnic in the Park today. Thats quite a big crowd.

Last edited:
They are going back to Admiralty House tonight. That will be there base until they go to Fraser Island next Monday.

Thanks Axeyman.

And wow - Daphne is up on the Harbour Bridge - the footpath, not the arch - being interviewed on live TV.

She sure has some get up and go - I've only just had a shower and got dressed for the day.

And Iluvbertie suggested maybe Qld would get a royal visit after the storm damage a few days back Axeyman.

As they'll be in Qld anyway - that's certainly a possibility.

Hopefully Dubbo will be spared any rain or showers today - certainly a big change, for the better, here in Sydney the last few hours.

Last edited:
The hug from the toddler was priceless, even more so than his fascination with Harry's beard. But did you see the look on his mother's face when that kid went in for the hug?

Or when she realized he was tugging on Harry's beard. The kid clearly had a fascination with red hair. After he hugged Meghan, he hugged Harry again, and ended up touching Harry's hair. :lol:

Here you go Mary and Frederik fans, Danish posters -

- while the couple are looking at some sheep at the farm, Channel 7 has an Invictus spokesman in the studio.

Oz or Denmark in the wheelchair rugby - sounds like it's down to these two teams to take it out and it will be full on.

Dubbo weather must be warming up - Meghan has her jacket off and her sleeves rolled up.

And they've moved on to the cattle. Harry and Meghan putting out some feed for the herD.

Reporter saying it's twenty-six degrees there.

And everyone is doing the great Aussie salute - flies eveywhere, airport as well as at the farm.

Last edited:
Yes his mums face was funny. Full of surprise her little boy did that. The little guy just fell into Meghans arms before going back to Harry. Kids are great aren't they.

And off to have some tea and scones with the Country Womens' Association now, before hitting the picnic.

Oh no. Not just rain on it's way to the picnic - but hail coming too.

Due to hit Dubbo in about forty-five minutes. Everyone hoping it exhausts itself before reaching the crowds.

Their having some Banana Bread Meghan baked last night at Admiralty House.

That's cute Dman. Yummo!

Don't think the Queen, Kate or Mary would have used the Admiralty House kitchen during their stay!

Meghan is making her own mark in many ways.

And live coverage showing the motorcade stopped at the farm gate on their way out, and the couple got out to greet the people there, who had worked out which farm was being visited. (Running a little behind schedule before stopping.)

Wonderful bouquets for Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cute Dman. Yummo!

Don't think the Queen, Kate or Mary would have used the Admiralty House kitchen during their stay!

Meghan is making her own mark in many ways.

And live coverage showing the motorcade stopped at the farm gate and the couple got out to greet the people there, who had worked out which farm was being visited.

Wonderful bouquets for Meghan.

Yeah, and I want some of that Banana Bread and tea sandwiches-

Wow! thats a multi tasking young modern woman right there.
There are so many great layers to this lovely young woman. No wonder Harry is dazzled by her.

Rain has hit the picnic before the royals have arrived. Everyone seems to have ponchos though.

Channel 10 talking about Meghan's Aussie brand jeans - they are made in Cambodia by women who have been victims of sexual abuse.

A rep is saying Meghan's wearing them will have a profound effect on the lives of these women - though more secure employment I'm assuming.

Wow! thats a multi tasking young modern woman right there.
There are so many great layers to this lovely young woman. No wonder Harry is dazzled by her.

And after spending a very warm day in high heels, busy, pregnant, hairstyle and clothing changes, all the events - to hit the kitchen and bake something to take to her hosts.

Pretty impressive.

And I'll join you for that Dman.

Enjoying this tour. Great photos from airport. Love them both with the people especially the little boy :flowers:

Smiling picturing Meghan making banana bread last night at Admiralty house for today. Lovely touch on her part. And go siderite the busy day she had yesterday, first day of her first tour and pregnant.

I like she chose to wear the jeans. Any label high profile royals wear is going to get the grand huge publicity. And to wear a label which benefits such an important cause, that boost the grand gets is even more important. It isn't simply about boosting a design label but providing income to women who need it.

Un-wrapping the plane -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...ew_aircraft_for_the_R-a-179_1539739493262.jpg

Ahd Harry loving it -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...s_beard_stealing_the_-a-167_1539739491958.jpg

Everyone still waiting for them to get to the picnic - only minutes away.

I'm waiting for the feeding the cows photos! :lol:

This is great - at the picnic now, and there is a sheep/cattle dog display.

Go doggies!

Brollies up - sudden burst of rain.

Security guys wearing Driazabone coats.s

Nice touch - Meghan smelling the flowers she's given.

My channel 10 was showing live shots & I was up to date with you. Now they have put Dr Phil on. Very disappointed as ch 9 n ch 7 here in qld are still 1 hour behind.
BTW the little boys name is Luke.

My channel 10 was showing live shots & I was up to date with you. Now they have put Dr Phil on. Very disappointed as ch 9 n ch 7 here in qld are still 1 hour behind.
BTW the little boys name is Luke.

OhTarlita! Why couldn't they shelve that for another day.

Saw Channel 7 promoting their coverage of Melbourne tomorrow - wasn't in my schedule earlier, I thought. So hopefully another good day tomorrow.

The Welcome to Country ceremony is on now with the indigenous locals.

Umbrellas still up, but rain doesn't seem too bad. Lots of wind now though.

Rain pelting down at Victoria Park, probably frustrating photographers. Harry and Meghan aren't moving, though under umbrellas, neither are the crowds. The commentators praising Meghan's professionalism with this her first tour, and how they both engage with the crowds.

The Mayor has been saying that hotels and motels in and near Dubbo have been booked out, so that's good for the town.

A local group of aborigines performed a brief dance. Harry is standing under an umbrella, the mayor giving a speech. The mayor is speaking about previous Royal visits, including his pride at those visits 'from our Royal family'. Cheers, as Harry speaks. Meghan stands beside him, holding his umbrella over them, nodding and smiling. He speaks about country Australia, 'salt of the earth' 'backbone of the country'.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon - torrential rain now.

Harry and Meghan cuddled up together under the same umbrella

TV saying the 1954 Royal visit bought rain to Dubbo too.

Harry soaked - up on stage to big cheers, about to speak.

Meghan feeding the cattle -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...0000578-6283785-image-m-220_1539741376580.jpg

At the farm -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...their_support_for_far-m-224_1539741458143.jpg

Big cheers for Harry, Meghan holding his umbrella during his speech.

(So much rain it looks like they will be heading into a flood!)

Last edited:
What a shame the heavy rain couldn't hold off for an hour or two. The royal couple and everyone else found the flies are quite friendly too.

What a shame the heavy rain couldn't hold off for an hour or two. The royal couple and everyone else found the flies are quite friendly too.

That's a least something Tarlita - flies would have flown off.

Spontanteous joke from Harry at the end of his speech - "and the rain was a gift!"

TV reporters remarking on Meghan holding the umbrella during Harry's speech instead of an underling doing it.

It certainly was a lovely look as the heavens spilled out over everyone. Thunder and lightening included.

Last edited:
He continues with the problems he and Meghan have encountered in talks this morning, social isolation, pleads for them not to silently suffer but to ask for help. (Mental Health.) Cheers. The crowd listen intently. Harry speaks about how inspired he has been today. 'Thank you Dubbo for inviting us.' Cheers!

The rain stopped when Harry's speech stopped, and the couple now able to meet the crowds without umbrellas in the way.

Masses of people.

Off to a school after this - footy and basketball with the kids.

Sounds lovely. Ch 7 just interviewed little Luke Vincent. He thought Harry's beard was like Santa Claus's.

Thank you Sun Lion and Curryong for your commentary.

Last edited:
The umbrellas went up as soon as the rain started. But they were still walking around saying hi to people. Harry was going around so fast, and he didn't use an umbrella. I was afraid he was just going to keep going in the rain. Thank goodness it didn't look like he got too wet before an umbrella caught up with him.

No worries, as we say here. Does anyone know though, why Harry is wearing a black ring in his right hand?

Watching a performance. Looks like the rain just gave these two an excuse to stay closer. They are sharing an umbrella. :lol: The host is asking for trousers and pant suit from Meghan. I can just imagine how the fashion thread will lit up with that. :lol:

7 News Sydney

Verified account

@7NewsSydney
Following Following @7NewsSydney
More
Royal Tour: The Duke and Duchess have made an impromptu stop after touring a farm in Dubbo. Live coverage on @Channel7 and @7plus. http://www.7plus.com.au/live-tv #RoyalTourAustralia #7News

Video:

These two can't be serious.:lol:

Nick Dole

Verified account

@NicholasDole
Follow Follow @NicholasDole
More
Prince Harry shows off his fly-swatting skills in Dubbo. #RoyalVisitAustralia #RoyalsinDubbo @KensingtonRoyal @abcnews

This goofball. Watch for a laugh.

No worries, as we say here. Does anyone know though, why Harry is wearing a black ring in his right hand?

I wonder if it's a gift....hmmmm first time I've seen it.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom