Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, White and animals don't mix! I loved the look of delight on Harry's face when he saw the pair of baby uggs! Looks like a nice day weatherwise.

So excited that the tour has finally started. Abslolutely loved the gifts of the Kangaroo and the joey, plus the Akubra Hat. So Australian.

Inside the koala enclosure wearing the white dress with a camel coloured coat.

Wowski, every major network in Aus covering the tour.

There is a stuffed toy /gift shop near the Opera house. So they are probably doing a very brisk trade with the crowd who have turned up to see the couple.

Last edited:
Meghan is in flats. Not sure if she’ll stay in the flats for the walk about or if it’s just for the boat ride.

This tour is going to be a running baby shower now.?

Lizzie Robinson

Verified account

@LizzieITV
Follow Follow @LizzieITV
More
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were given a cuddly koala and joey as a gift by @tarongazoo - Meghan told the keeper she would be putting them in the nursery ? #RoyalVisitAustralia #RoyalBaby

6:03 PM - 15 Oct 2018

ABC estimated the crowd at the walk about to be between 5,000-10,000 people.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW to all our friends in the UK, Canada, USA etc, if you have a question don't hesitate to ask. All our cultures might be similar but have differences and sometimes the Australian way can be a bit confusIng to some. I am sure Curryong, Bertie, Sun Lion or any of the other Aussies on these boards will be happy to help if they can.
My apologies if I assume too much on your behalf. Being a Queenslander means we like to help if possible. In this case I might not be of much help as my state of Queensland is one hour behind Sydney due to daylight saving. So the New South Wales - Sydney crowd may be of more help to you.
Cheers

I agree Sun Lion that the exit ramp they used was not fit for a visiting VIP let alone royals. They really need to smarten the place up.

Thanks so much for the offer....or do I say 'fair Dinkum?':flowers: Here in Toronto this Monday has been gray, gloomy and rainy; the only bright news has come from Australia, so thanks, mates:cool:

A moment between appointments for me and I'm sitting here, hearing the helicopters over the Opera House, while watching the walkabout on the telly.

Actually saw Harry and Meghan in the flesh this morning!

For about a nano-second.

They went from Admiralty House to Taronga Zoo by car and whizzed by me in the street - saw Harry's arm and Meghan's lap. :lol:

Very warm day now - sudden change. The wind a help with how warm it is. Meghan must be so warm with that coat on.

Great live TV coverage with everyone in the sunshine.

I am very pleased to hear so much conversation of IG by the Aus reporters.

Meghan speaking with Daphne on TV - good sound for their exchange.

That'll be on the news tonight.

Gosh I felt so emotional when Harry and Meghan made a beeline for dear Daphne Dunne. A 98 year old lady who has met Harry twice before. She lost her husband in the war. Harry has kissed Daphne before and has told Meghan about her.
They had a microphone on so we could hear what they were saying.
And dear Daphne said to Harry, 'Now give me a kiss before you go.'
And like a dutiful young man he did. That got me quite emotional.
I hope your media captured the whole thing. It was lovely.

It was lovely to watch even if I couldn't hear. He made a beeline for Daphne. Meghan was on the other side, and he asked someone to get her and she came over.

Fantastic weather in Sydney by the way. :lol:

Yes they are really lucky with the weather. Tomorrow in Dubbo a large country town ravaged by drought - the forecast is for heavy rain which they need. So wellington boots might be needed.

Meghan said to Daphne she would meet her baby next year when they come back. Which was a very sweet thing for her to say.

Meghan told Daphne "next time we see you, we'll have our little one with us". I'm NOT crying...

Really noting catching up on day one after work.

Hasty and Meghan with daphne make the heart melt :flowers:

I love pd the visit to the zoo. Loved getting up and close with the amazing wildlife there. Wonderful seeing them get the chance and touring the fantastic breeding and conservation program.

Saw videos of the dancing they saw at the opera house. Incredible dancers.

Baby already has a menagerie started for it ?

I can't hear on ABC! What did they say?!?!?!

Meghan had a very good talk with Daphne - seemed like many minutes jacqui24.

I'll have to come back and add to this post though - it's all gone straight out of both of my brain cells! :lol:

I'm expecting another front page tomorrow - Meghan and Daphne.

This will be repeated and end up on the internet no doubt - they definitely had a microphone there ready, we heard every word of the exchange from both of them.

(I think I had my machine on recording this - have to get going at the moment. I'll let you know when I see it again.)

And heard they got to do the Sky Safari at the zoo - William and Kate missed that.

(A gondola ride down to the Harbour, sailing over the elephant enclosure and other exhibits.)

Last edited:
Meghan had a very good talk with Daphne - seemed like many minutes jacqui24.

I'll have to come back and add to this post though - it's all gone straight out of both of my brain cells! :lol:

I'm expecting another front page tomorrow - Meghan and Daphne.

This will be repeated and end up on the internet no doubt - they definitely had a microphone there ready, we heard every word of the exchange from both of them.

(I think I had my machine on recording this - have to get going at the moment. I'll let you know when I see it again.)
Found it on Twitter! Tweeps never fail.

I'll be honest, I'm very objective when it comes to the Sussexes, my favorite branches of the RF being the Yorks, Wessexes, and Kents. But when I saw that video of Harry and Meghan meeting Daphne, I started tearing up. It filled me with joy and their relationship is so warm and sweet. I pray they see her another time with their baby. :sad: (I can't find the crying emoji)

Last edited:
Thanks for finding that video, jacqui. I had the thought run through my head when hearing that Harry and Meghan were to do a walkabout that perhaps Daphne would be there front and center once again and sure enough, she was.

Its so touching to see that connection between Harry and Daphne has really formed a bond and now she's met his wife and shares in the news of the expected child. This isn't something one normally sees with a royal walkabout but there's just something special about this woman that has not only made an impression on Harry but now, also Meghan.

I would love to know what the entire conversation consisted of as they did take their sweet time talking to her. So heartwarming! ?

Yes they are really lucky with the weather. Tomorrow in Dubbo a large country town ravaged by drought - the forecast is for heavy rain which they need. So wellington boots might be needed.

Meghan said to Daphne she would meet her baby next year when they come back. Which was a very sweet thing for her to say.

There is a town not far from Dubbo actually called Wellington - so maybe people should stop in there and see if they can get any although from what I am hearing it may be close to a ghost town tomorrow with everyone going to Dubbo.

Friends of mine in Bathurst have told me there are literally no buses available to rent in Bathurst for tomorrow as they have all be rented out to take people to Dubbo. Same with Orange - another town in the Central West of NSW on the main road from Sydney to Dubbo.

Sorry I haven't been commenting this morning but I have been discharged from the rehab hospital and had to go and do some shopping as I had no food in the house and my friend took me for a cuppa as well - something different from hospital food after nearly three weeks.

I am now safely at home and my puppy sitter delivered my baby boy about 20 minutes ago so I have me baby home and I am home and my new knee is being very good but I will be commenting tomorrow as I sit at home and watch everything knowing the area and even people who will be there in Dubbo.

Hope you are ok Iluvbertie. It was reported that Megsie had to cut short the meet & greet at the opera house due to not feeling well.

Has anybody else heard this?

There is a town not far from Dubbo actually called Wellington - so maybe people should stop in there and see if they can get any although from what I am hearing it may be close to a ghost town tomorrow with everyone going to Dubbo.

Friends of mine in Bathurst have told me there are literally no buses available to rent in Bathurst for tomorrow as they have all be rented out to take people to Dubbo. Same with Orange - another town in the Central West of NSW on the main road from Sydney to Dubbo.

Sorry I haven't been commenting this morning but I have been discharged from the rehab hospital and had to go and do some shopping as I had no food in the house and my friend took me for a cuppa as well - something different from hospital food after nearly three weeks.

I am now safely at home and my puppy sitter delivered my baby boy about 20 minutes ago so I have me baby home and I am home and my new knee is being very good but I will be commenting tomorrow as I sit at home and watch everything knowing the area and even people who will be there in Dubbo.

Glad to hear you are doing well!

TBH, I'm quite surprised at the turn out for this royal visit. I always hear about the significant Republican sentiment in Australia on here, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hope you are ok Iluvbertie. It was reported that Megsie had to cut short the meet & greet at the opera house due to not feeling well.

Has anybody else heard this?
No. I watched that live, and she was fine. They spent quite awhile there. They might not have met everyone, but that would've been nearly impossible. It was 10-12 people deep in some places. Think the turnout at their walkabouts in UK is good? Nothing compared to what happened today.

They did leave quite a bit of people out which is unfortunate. But Meghan kept trying to go back into the crowd and it looked like Sam Cohen just grabbed her into the car lol.

Significant republican feeling doesn't mean people aren't interested in seeing the royals.

I, for instance, am a republican - but I think it would be safe to say a fan of the BRF as well. I have no issue with that as the BRITISH royal family but believe that we here in Australia should have an Aussie as our Head of State, not an unelected person who lives on the other side of the world.

The British royals will always be welcome here as part of our tradition and the strong links we have with the UK.

There may have been many people, in those crowds, who feel like me. If I was fit enough I would have been there.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Meghan told Daphne "next time we see you, we'll have our little one with us". I'm NOT crying...

I am. That entire exchange just was too much for this heart. Such a sweet moment watching Harry and Meghan with Daphne. So glad it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom