Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now reporting that they weren't on the BA flight that landed at 6.00 but on the QANTAS flight that lands at 6.59 which would be why they are still waiting as they are not yet on the ground.

Wow...ha. Well ok then. They sure had everyone on pins and needles. I'm watching The Today Show Australia, and the hosts are hilarious. They are keeping me entertained while waiting for the arrival.

Ad on now. So will ch 7 have egg on its face if this is not the right flight. Wait and see.

And brilliant sun over the Harbour - how wonderful.

They're expected to take the most direct route to Admiralty House.

Eastern Distributor, Cahill Expressway and over the Bridge into the suburb of Kirribilli.

Great views of the Harbour for them.

Omid being interviewed again - saying Invictus Games are almost sold out and some suprise guests, friends of Harry coming.

Last edited:
Oh ok. Anyway they said earlier that Jessica and Ben Mulrooney will fly here and join them on tour. True or not is anyones guess.

Oh goodness Julianna, our Karl Stephanovic keeping you amused. He is the tv host on sunrise. Giving Jo the Juice delivery truck at the airport a funny commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness Julianna, our Karl Stephanovic keeping you amused. He is the tv host on sunrise. Giving Jo the Juice delivery truck at the airport a funny commentary.

The juice bit was hilarious. I almost spit out my water at "I reckon this baby is going to come out before the Royal couple does."

The juice bit was hilarious. I almost spit out my water at "I reckon this baby is going to come out before the Royal couple does."

Yes everything he was saying was funny at that point.

I hope they get organised soon as I have to get ready to go to hydrotherapy at 8.30 and breakfast is due in a couple of minutes.

Something may be happening - Channel 7 seemed excited about some men - maybe security.

Here comes the entourage - here they are.

They are getting into the cars ....

In the cars - very quick.

Big group with them.

Meghan in black, carrying a folder.

And Eddie reporting locals are gathering at Admiratly House to have a look at them.

And live coverage of the motorcade on the roads being broadcast.

Last edited:
They are off to stop the Sydney traffic while they make their way with 'rolling stops of the red lights' to Admiralty House. This happens in many cities all the time.

Is their first event tomorrow?

LaRae

Im confused as to why they didn’t arrive on an Air Force jet and are they not having a public arrival?

Their first event is tomorrow.

They didn't come on an air force jet because they aren't senior enough. That is reserved for The Queen and Charles and maybe William - the future Kings.

Today is a 'rest day' - their only one on the tour.

Their first public event will be tomorrow at the Opera House.

They aren't senior enough for the official welcome at the airport that Charles and William get. They had the same level of welcome as Andrew last year and Edward earlier this year.

Im confused as to why they didn’t arrive on an Air Force jet and are they not having a public arrival?
No. They Really flying commercial.

Is their first event tomorrow?

LaRae

16 October - The first day of the tour will begin in Sydney at Admiralty House, the official Sydney residence of the Governor-General of Australia, His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove and Lady Cosgrove, who will welcome them to his home which offers spectacular views across Sydney Harbour. Representatives from each of the eighteen countries who are participating in the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 will be present.

The Duke and Duchess will then travel to Taronga Zoo to officially open the new Taronga Institute of Science and Learning. During this visit, which will also be attended by the New South Wales (NSW) Premier, The Duke and Duchess will meet two koalas and their joeys that are part of the Zoo’s breeding programme, and visit the laboratory to meet female conservation scientists who are working on efforts to reduce illegal wildlife trafficking.

To depart the Zoo, The Duke and Duchess will travel by vessel across Sydney Harbour to the Sydney Opera House. Once inside, Their Royal Highnesses will view a rehearsal of Spirit 2018 by the Bangarra Dance Theatre, an internationally acclaimed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander modern dance company. Upon departure, walking along the Opera House forecourt, The Duke and Duchess will have an opportunity to meet members of the public.

The first day of the visit will conclude with a Reception hosted by the Governor-General at Admiralty House, to be attended by Australians from a broad range of sectors including charity and community, business and industry, arts and culture, sport and entertainment.

Mad About Meghan: Meghan's Calendar

I will have to stop posting as I live in Queensland and NSW, Victoria etc our now on Daylight saving time and we are not. So my clocks are one hour behind. So its up to Sun Lion and Bertie etc to keep you all informed.

They did say today is a rest day for the couple after that long flight.
My time is 6.55 am Sydney time now is 7.55 am.

And the rain is back!

Those low clouds are now lower, and like a fog over the Harbour.

Live coverage from outside Admiralty House showing a lot of spectators.

Can hear the helicopters outside - crossing the Bridge now.

Coming up to 8.00am.

Heavy Monday morning traffic on the live cross - lots of workers getting a quick glimpse of them going by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited that they've arrived. I'll be seeing them in Melbourne on Thursday. Some British media are here already. Chris Ship was funny about the swooping Aussie magpies. Someone on his Twitter advised the old trick of wearing a used ice cream container on his head!

I will only be able to update from the TV coverage and I will be on Channel 7. I may miss tomorrow morning as I am going home and Friday and Tuesday mornings after that as I have to come back to the rehab centre for more therapy but the upside for me is I will be able to watch most of the tour via the TV.

At Admiralty House.

Some squeals from the crowd.

Seeing them out of the cars from the helicopter footage.

And into the house they go.

And sky brightening again.

Hope it clears - want Meghan to do some yoga in the garden. :lol:

Last edited:
They are now at Admiralty House. There was a small crowd to greet them. Remember they will only have had a quick glimpse as they went past.

That will be it for the day - unless they are seen in the grounds of Admiralty House but that should be 'private time' and not a 'public event'.

They aren't senior enough for the official welcome at the airport that Charles and William get. They had the same level of welcome as Andrew last year and Edward earlier this year.

On their recent Baltics tours, Edward and Sophie got this type of welcome in Latvia, Would this be considered the same level and is it because they were going straight into official engagements?

I was talking about into Australia not other countries - sorry didn't make that clear.

Last edited:
Their first event is tomorrow.

They didn't come on an air force jet because they aren't senior enough. That is reserved for The Queen and Charles and maybe William - the future Kings.

Today is a 'rest day' - their only one on the tour.

Their first public event will be tomorrow at the Opera House.

Thank you for the explanation Iluvbertie.? I'm glad that this rest day has been built into their itinerary as they will need the opportunity to adjust to the time difference. Looking forward to their first event.

Last edited:
Qantas A380 Airbus first class has beds with a sheep skin mattress cover. No wonder they looked refreshed upon arrival. They most likely had the chance for a good snooze. I certainly hope so.

Qantas A380 Airbus first class has beds with a sheep skin mattress cover. No wonder they looked refreshed upon arrival. They most likely had the chance for a good snooze. I certainly hope so.

No wonder they were smiling! Quantas certainly treats its FC passengers well.

I can't wait for this tour to officially jump off. This is going to be fun.

Let’s get this party started! :ausflag:

I have done this flight a number of times over the years - on BA not QANTAS and in business class. I was rest perfectly and able to go to work within a couple of hours of landing (landed 6.00 a.m. and at work at 8.00 a.m.) I couldn't do that if I travelled economy or premium economy but can in the lie flat beds in business class. It is nice to have the extra day to relax but isn't really necessary in my opinion.

:previous:I think that depends a lot on the individual, how well s/he is able to sleep with noise and movement in the cabin, and also the direction of the flight. We do a fair number of long-haul flights in business class, and sometimes I feel perfectly fine, and sometimes I feel as though I am walking through cold molasses. IMO a day tacked on to the front end of the trip was very smart, because you just never know how jet lag is going to hit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom