The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
That is a SERIOUSLY punishing schedule..
I will say, I was thinking "IS IT OVER YET!!!" as I was reading it. That was a long brief.

Updated count:

Emily Andrews

Verified account

@byEmilyAndrews
14m14 minutes ago
More
So... have counted up ALL the engagements... there are 76 (I triple checked with @Scobie & @emynash so it MUST be right...) over 16 days, four countries and LOTS of animals, incl koalas, kiwi birds & marine life. #royaltourAustralia & #royaltourNZ looks GREAT!

Per my calculation(if I can still use a calculator right), that 4.75 engagements a day on average.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Notice they are getting a State Dinner on the 23rd. Interesting.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I didn't see there was a state dinner. There's an evening thing...but didn't think it was that.

LaRae
Old 10-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I didn't see there was a state dinner. There's an evening thing...but didn't think it was that.

LaRae
President of Fiji is hosting the State Dinner on 23rd.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, totally missed that! lol

So...hmmmmm tiara event?

LaRae
Old 10-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Doubt it. The dress code for Fiji state dinners are rather relaxed. Although, I'm still surprised that it is being billed as a state dinner.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Doesn't like like any rest days and yes, a packed itinerary and an interesting one. They'll be meeting all sorts of people from many walks of life and seeing lots of marvellous sights. It will be a baptism of fire for Meghan but she is more than capable. I hope they both have a great time.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Jacqui now that I know it's being presented at a State Dinner..that's why I wondered about the bling. At least maybe we will get to see her in a formal evening gown?

I'm seeing 76 events in 11 days...can't even imagine it Curryong. But what a great time they will have!

LaRae
Old 10-04-2018, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Jacqui now that I know it's being presented at a State Dinner..that's why I wondered about the bling. At least maybe we will get to see her in a formal evening gown?

I'm seeing 76 events in 11 days...can't even imagine it Curryong. But what a great time they will have!

LaRae
I hope so, and there's also the dinner with the King and Queen of Tonga. Let's pray for beautiful (colorful!) evening gowns! It's the Pacific, all I think of it is flowers and colors!!! I'm so excited!!!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Nobility

There’ll be welly wanging in NZ and Harry climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge + plenty of serious stuff and @InvictusSydney

@simonvigar5
Royal correspondent for 5 News

"Welly throwing, also known as welly hoying, welly wanging and boot throwing, is a sport in which competitors are required to throw a Wellington boot as far as possible." - wiki
Old 10-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

They will get to pat/pet a koala in NSW. So when they arrive at Fraser Island in Queensland I bet the Qld government will try to out do NSW and they will give the couple a chance to Cuddle a koala. Only petting is allowed in New South Wales.
It makes for a great photo op. Nothing says Australia like a cuddly koala.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Nobility

If I am not wrong it looks like there will be 2 community cookout sort engagements one in Dubbo and one in New Zealand. That's an amazing low key way to meet and connect with people in local communities. It was a great idea to incorporate such events into the itinerary.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

This tour is jammed packed and fun to watch! A state dinner in Fiji and Harry and Meghan are to recreate the welcome the queen and the duke of Edinburgh had in Fiji in 1953

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...u6PVruGSojXII9
Old 10-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Courtier

State dinner means Meghan needs to pack a tiara, right?
Old 10-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was hoping for a tiara event but most here don't think it will be formal enough for one.

LaRae
Old 10-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's a shame as it would be lovely to see Meghan in a tiara, however she's still very early into her marriage so I'm sure there'll be another event where she can wear one soon.
I don't want to compare but just to get an idea, when did the Duchess of Cambridge attend her first tiara event? I seem to remember that it was quite recently but I'm probably wrong.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

First tiara event was her wedding when she wore the Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara ....I think there was quite a break before she wore one again since she and William weren't full time working royals. I think the Chinese state dinner was 2015 when she wore the Lotus tiara...not sure if she wore one prior to that.

LaRae
Old 10-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
That's a shame as it would be lovely to see Meghan in a tiara, however she's still very early into her marriage so I'm sure there'll be another event where she can wear one soon.
I don't want to compare but just to get an idea, when did the Duchess of Cambridge attend her first tiara event? I seem to remember that it was quite recently but I'm probably wrong.
Diplomatic Reception 2013
Old 10-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I just finished listening to On Heir and they did a summary of the tour. They seemed to have a schedule breakdown with timings and locations as they revealed a few of them. They mentioned the tiara was not happening because it was a "casual tour" per the Sussexes request it seemed.

They also mentioned that Meghan will be speaking more then the press release revealed which is a nice surprise. At their briefing they were told that Meghan worked hard with the heads of the different countries to put together her itinerary. They wanted to use her skills in public speaking and passion of women & girls rights.

Harry will be doing a bit of military and sport stuff. They playing on both their passions. Of course they will be heavily involved in the Invictus Games. Very jam packed tour and I am sure everyone will be utterly exhausted when it is over.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well the state dinner is in Tonga and they don't have a tradition of wearing tiaras etc there so that's the main reason.

LaRae