The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Well, Meghan seems to excel at killing them with kindness to some of her critics. Remember the Emilia Wickstead fiasco? She handled it beautifully without ever saying a word. And Australia does seem to be more taken with the younger royals than C&C.

Yep I think that's true. They were big fans of the Cambridges. I think they will be the same for the Sussexes.

LaRae

Old 08-31-2018, 03:48 AM
Commoner

Remembering some of the more nasty stuff that was run about Kate prior to her wedding and then witnessing the complete fawning about-turn those same publications made when she and William came with George, I think the media will be fine. Well, as much as they can be trusted to be civilised these days.

I think Harry has been more popular here than William beause he has more of the 'larrikin' about him. Just my sense. At least this time round Harry won't be hauled up by any of his more ardent fans for a kiss! Well, at least I hope not :)

I am wondering what the couple will do in their down time (assuming they have any). I hope they will get to see the reef, beaches, maybe even the rainforest around Daintree way if they have the time.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
I think this might be the longest tour undertaken by this generation of young royals. It's going to be an absolute marathon for them.

Important to note we still need a confirmation from KP.
William and Kate's tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2014 was 3 weeks.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
William and Kate's tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2014 was 3 weeks.
Technically, it was from April 7th - 25th with the rest days included. So, about the same as predicted for the Sussexes.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

We've already had Kate and William photographed with the Australian icons of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and Uluru, (Ayers Rock).

Harry and Meghan are being reported as visiting more regional areas on their tour here.

We're a nation of Big Things - we have over a hundred and fifty of them.

As an Australian, I'd love to see the Royal couple photographed in front of one of these icons.

(I really would. )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aust...27s_big_things
Old 09-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Aristocracy

Kp have announced some more information regarding Meghan and Harry's tour to Aus, NZ, Tonga and Fiji. The tour starts in Sydney on 16 October and ends in Rotorua NZ on October 31 https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duches...-autumn-tour-0
Old 09-10-2018, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

The visit will take place between 16th October and 31st October.

"Tour Outline
  • Tuesday 16th October: Sydney, Australia
  • Wednesday 17th October: Dubbo, Australia
  • Thursday 18th October: Melbourne, Australia
  • Friday 19th October: Sydney, Australia
  • Saturday 20th October: Sydney, Australia
  • Sunday 21st October: Sydney, Australia
  • Monday 22nd October: Fraser Island, Australia
  • Tuesday 23rd October: Suva, Fiji
  • Wednesday 24th October: Suva, Fiji
  • Thursday 25th October: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
  • Friday 26th October: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
  • Saturday 27th October: Sydney, Australia
  • Sunday 28th October: Wellington, New Zealand
  • Monday 29th October: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
  • Tuesday 30th October: Auckland, New Zealand
  • Wednesday 31st October: Rotorua, New Zealand"

https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duches...-autumn-tour-0

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Zealand.html
Old 09-10-2018, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

Can't wait for this tour.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Will they meet with the Tongan Royal Family?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:53 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if the visit to Dubbo includes a visit to Western Plains Zoo
Old 09-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Nobility

Oh wow, some unexpected gems in there! I am REALLY excited that the BRF is heading Rotorua again. While I come from an ardent monarchist family to begin with, my late Gran's love and admiration of the BRF really ignited when she was volunteering in Rotorua back in '54 and had the pleasure of meeting the Queen and Prince Phillip on their first royal tour. Ahh, hard to imagine that that was almost 65 years ago. What a marvellous and steadfast Queen we have, no?

Anyway, I predicted a similar outline, albeit with Fiji on the 1st & 2nd instead of in between. I must admit that it makes more sense this way logistically, but I am already seeing the headlines from the trash mags - by the very people who are up in arms about not being given the respect and privileges that they feel entitled to... sigh.

I am looking forward to our first big tour(of many more) for this couple! :)
Old 09-10-2018, 06:59 AM
Majesty

Excellent! Some of the schedule at last. Hoping to see them in two cities, Sydney and Melbourne, which will be great.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Royal Highness

The schedule looks amazing. Can't wait for the tour!
Old 09-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Serene Highness

I really think its a bad idea for them to not be focusing on Invictus more...
Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I agree. That was the one thing that bothered me when I saw the schedule this morning. It’ll almost entirely be official your business with just beginning and end of IG. I think that’s quite unfortunate. Perhaps it is to make sure they get some rest before Remembrance Day events kick off, but staying a couple of extra days wouldn’t have hurt.

I guess it’s official that they’ll leave the Monday after Eugenie’s wedding.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I'm fine with it. They are going days before, attending the opening, the day after, and then closing. I would have liked some more in the middle but I understand as they only have 2 weeks and the schedule is packed. This is where the ambassadors step in. 16 days. Looking forward to the tour.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

I'm loving this busy looking schedule. 16 days is a quite ling tour, isn't it?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Nobility

I hope they take part in a lot of interesting and varied activities. Long tours gets boring and repetitive and since Meghan has joined I find they do too many activities like just go and look at things in museums. Which is absolutely fine but just watching them look at things in museums isn't the most exciting thing to watch.

Harry is usually up for getting down and trying local activities and sports so I hope we see that with Meghan as she becomes more comfortable at different point in the tour.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I think I read that Harry has moved away from participating in the sports because of his back? I think Richard Palmer was the one that said something about it awhile back. We didn't see from him when they were at Bath, and certainly there was another chance in Ireland. But perhaps some local cultures.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Nobility

In Ireland at Croque Park they were given the bats as a present from the athelets as a gift but in local interviews with the athletes present made it very clear they said none of the athletes or anyone invited the Sussexes to take part in the sports. Croquet park was the site of a massacres of Irish citizens by English soldiers so I believe it would have been a massive misstep for the royals to revisit the same site to play games themselves but rather simply observe how the country and its citizens have moved forward.

KP never planned for any sports for the couple at Croque Park it was one of the most political sensetive stops of their Ireland tour.