Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at some of the pictures of the Tonga visit and it seems that the crown prince couple wasn't included while his younger sister was. Is it because he lives in New Zealand and she lives on Tonga?

Older sister; Princess Angelika is the first child of the King. Her brother is the Crown Prince but she is older.

In Tonga Princess Angelika curtsied to Harry and Meghan which I found surprising. Meghan and Harry showed their respects to the king and queen and the Fail is dragging her for her curtsy (whatever). The tribute in New Zealand is off because the artist made her light skinned.

Older sister; Princess Angelika is the first child of the King. Her brother is the Crown Prince but she is older.

Thanks for the correction! I thought she was the middle one but should probably have looked it up :flowers:

Probably was. I believe the King, Queen, Princess Angelika, and Prince Ata were all at the official dinner, but not the Crown Prince.

Do you have a picture of prince Ata because I seem to have missed him. Princess Angelika was clearly visible as she was sitting behind Harry and Meghan. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's activity

Day 15! Today in Auckland #HarryandMeghan will:
- Wang their wellies at Northshore Riding Club and plant a tree for @QueensCanopy
- Visit @PillarsINC, a charity working with children of prisoners
- Walkabout at @ViaductHarbour
- Attend a reception at @AucklandMuseum War Memorial

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie

So Megsie won the Welly Wanging contest for her team. Great stuff haha :D

Meghan won the wanging of the wellies. :lol:

Duchess Meghan planted a New Zealand kōwhai tree, which was one of the distinctive flora she had representing the Commonwealth country on her wedding veil. It produces bright yellow flowers in spring and is a favourite food of tree geckos, tui, bellbird and kererū pigeons

Omid Scobie @scobie

The couple unveiled a plaque dedicating the 20 hectare native bush to the @QueensCanopy��
“The sooner we fully appreciate our surroundings and how interconnected we all are the better,” Harry said in a speech. “Not just for our planet, but for the balance of all its inhabitants.”

Harry planted a puriri tree which can grow up to 20m

Poor Harry! But Meghan is obviously more accurate at throwing things. She ought to have tried boomerangs when they were in Australia!

Poor Harry! But Meghan is obviously more accurate at throwing things. She ought to have tried boomerangs when they were in Australia!

I don’t know if she was more accurate. But she certainly was the furthest. Though I really doubt Harry was being super competitive with his wife on the issue of welly throwing :lol:

6.2 magnitude earthquake near New Plymouth, NZ. By all reports from RRs in Auckland, they didn’t feel it.

About 4.5 hours from where they are.

Last edited:
How good would this be if this were to come to fruition.

Hundreds of people may have been lucky enough to meet the royals over the past couple of weeks - but one New Zealand teen has managed to secure an actual job offer from Prince Harry himself.

Lucia Kennedy, 19, acted as the host for Harry and Meghan’s visit at a youth mental health event in a community cafe in Wellington on Monday, and told Stuff.co.nz that he’d promised to “sort out” a job for her when she finished her university degree.

“They came up the stairs in the Maranui Cafe, I was introduced and basically had a chat to them. Then I took them around all the participants and kept the conversation going at the next two tables,” Ms Kennedy said.

“I said to Harry, ‘I finish uni in two years, I’d love to come and work for you’. He said ‘we’d love to have you, just give us a yell when you come over we’ll sort it out’.”

On another note

Megsie and Harry are getting their own set of stamps in New Zealand to commemorate their visit.

New Zealand Post has just revealed the images which will adorn the six stamps.

The royal couple's wedding previously featured on stamps in the UK.

This really melted my heart. There was a young girl by the name of Hannah waiting at the meet & greet for Megsie today who Megsie had sent a video message to in January 2016 (pre meeting Harry). Anyway, Megsie spotted her in the crowd and went over and gave her a huge hug. I'm amazed she remembered who she was.

Anyway, not suprisingly Megsie made Hannah's day and it sounds like her life. She is a obviously a massive idol for Hannah. Absolutely love seeing stories like this.

Last edited:
Nice to see the Sussexes continue to receive a very warm welcome in New Zealand.

It's lovely that New Zealand is releasing commerative stamps for the royal Visit but is that a standard practice? Can't think of another time stamps were released for a royal visit in recent years.

Last edited:
Lovely heart warming stories Axeyman.
Tomorrow is a day off for the couple isn't it? Before they fly home.
Imagine going through all those gifts when they get home.

Lovely heart warming stories Axeyman.
Tomorrow is a day off for the couple isn't it? Before they fly home.
Imagine going through all those gifts when they get home.

No break for them tomorrow. They are visiting rotorua tomorrow for the final day of the royal tour.

Thanks Fros. I thought they were supposed to get a day off before going home.

The couple have arrived at the Auckland museum for a reception hosted by the PM.

Meghan is wearing the navy blue dress she wore at polo in 2016

I love this navy Antonio Berardi dress, so I'm happy to see Meghan wearing it again. BTW, she first wore it in May 2017 at her first polo match with Harry:

Meghan Markle in white blazer and dark blue dress at Audi Polo Challenge on May 6 ~ I want her style - What celebrities wore and where to buy it. Celebrity Style

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...s-outfit-first-event-prince-harry-royal-tour/

This really melted my heart. There was a young girl by the name of Hannah waiting at the meet & greet for Megsie today who Megsie had sent a video message to in January 2016 (pre meeting Harry). Anyway, Megsie spotted her in the crowd and went over and gave her a huge hug. I'm amazed she remembered who she was.

Anyway, not suprisingly Megsie made Hannah's day and it sounds like her life. She is a obviously a massive idol for Hannah. Absolutely love seeing stories like this.

These kind of things is what makes royal tours so special for me. Like Harry with Daphne Dunn, Meghan also had a connection reestablished during this tour with someone she interacted with even before she met Harry. This shows me that both Harry and Meghan aren't the kind of people who go visit somewhere and are basically put "on display" for people to gawk at and admire but they're very much a couple that love getting into the thick of things, pay attention to the people they meet and those people are not shoved to the back of the memory once its all over. The same thing happened with Lucia and the job offer. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Harry came through for her once she leaves university.

These two people don't only give good speeches and talk the talk, there are just so many occasions where its proven that they also walk the walk and stand by the words that they say. That is a good indication of strength of character and should kids admire them, they have pretty solid role models.

These two are in the right job for them. Changing the world. Once kid at a time. :D

BTW: Little Gavin and his macaroni necklaces were portrayed on our morning news here. Actually I've been disappointed in the US news channels with picking up on this tour but little Gavin struck a chord. Sadly, the Invictus Games got absolutely no coverage at all on any station I pull in and with satellite TV, I have a *lot* of channels.

Last edited:
Actually I've been disappointed in the US news channels with picking up on this tour but little Gavin struck a chord. Sadly, the Invictus Games got absolutely no coverage at all on any station I pull in and with satellite TV, I have a *lot* of channels.

The US government does not really care what happens to their veterans. They are welcome to fight for their country, once they are of no use anymore they are discarded. Talking about the Invictus Games would show the people that these are people worth caring for and that is not wanted. IMHO of course.

Yeah @Osipi, these qualities were well known about Meghan before she met Harry. You could see it on her Instagram in the supportive and encouraging quotes and words of wisdom she would post, and in the way she shared personal life lessons, and gave so much credit and gratitude to her parents.

There's also the AOL Build interview on Youtube, that took place pre-Harry in which Meghan talked about Suits, as well as The Tig. There were young, admiring fans in the audience with whom Meghan interacted and with whom she had previously corresponded with via The Tig. One young lady in particular whom Meghan pointed out in the audience and warmly greeted, had been inspired by Meghan's example to become a charity worker in a foreign country.

The US government does not really care what happens to their veterans. They are welcome to fight for their country, once they are of no use anymore they are discarded. Talking about the Invictus Games would show the people that these are people worth caring for and that is not wanted. IMHO of course.

I'm not getting in on a political debate over how the US treats their wounded warriors but I do know that there are programs that support them and also the Warrior Games here in the States where Harry got his inspiration from for the Invictus Games.

I was just surprised that there was no coverage as the US did send a team to participate. The Toronto Games were covered by ESPN I believe. At least for the Sydney Games I could stream things.

This entire tour though has met with overwhelming success and its been a joy to follow and see the people that Harry and Meghan met and the places they went. I most likely will never visit those areas and I've come away from this tour wishing that I could.

Another act of kindness by TRH

Wellingtonian Eva McGauley was invited to attend the Prime Minister’s Reception with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Auckland tonight. Unfortunately, doctors orders mean Eva is unable to fly today but when the Royal couple heard her story, they invited her for a catch-up at Government House instead.

I have had the most amazing morning! I am so honoured and thankful to have been invited to Government House to meet with Meghan and Harry this morning!!! They are such kind down to earth people who were really interested in the work EvasWish does. We were welcomed so warmly by Dame Patsy Reedy and Sir David Gascoigne into their lovely home and it was one of the most memorable and wonderful moments of my life. Thank you so much to everyone who made this happen ?

via evas_wish

Lizzie Robinson

Verified account

@LizzieITV
1h1 hour ago

New Zealand PM @jacindaardern says #RoyalVisitNZ has increased her "admiration" for Meghan. She says: "It can be a tiring thing and she's brought such warmth and grace on this visit...it hasn't slowed her down or the amount they've been out and about so that's much appreciated."

A great honor for the Sussexes for the stamps. I'm surprised given Harry is 6th in line to the throne.

Those stamps are going to be a wonderful memento for the people that turned out to meet and greet Harry and Meghan and followed their tour in New Zealand.

What this tells me is, along with the other places that they've gone on this tour, that Harry and Meghan have been totally and completely welcomed and adopted into the hearts of the people. For a couple that is to represent the youth of the Commonwealth, they're doing a fine job of becoming not only their representatives but becoming one of them in the process.

This tour has generated so many memories, I think, for all of us. Granny must be busting at the seams with pride that this tour is such an overwhelming success. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom