Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Or this:

https://i.imgur.com/MgHSMZw.jpg

I have to say she is getting crazy mileage out of these shoes..haha. I have long lost count of how many times she has worn them. Not that I blame her - they are a magnificent pair of classic black pumps with a twist. And by now I imagine they are probably her most comfortable pair.

Many thanks for the links to the photos Sun Lion.
Seems the photographers couldn't get the chance for a decent photo.
At the podium the lighting was very poor.
But never mind the surprise of a great dress made up for it.

The awards were a great combination event fir the interests of both the couple. Environment for Harry and women for Meghan.

Had to smile when Harry says his father used to bore him. May be true but it obviously sunk in well in the end.

The two young women they presented awards to are quite inspirational :flowers:

I love seeing Meghan involved with events in women empowerment especially young women. Hope continued back home.

I'm wondering when Meghan's patronages will be announced. Soon after they get home, or when? Considering that there's a narrow window between then and the Remembrance Day ceremonies around the 11th November that doesn't give Meghan much time to get stuck into any of them.

Also the BRF doesn't do an awful lot in the way of engagements from mid December into January, and by the end of February 2019 Meghan may well be retiring from view, if the baby is a March birth of course. If it's April there's a bit more time.

It's been reported that it'll come at the beginning of next year, but I think that's just speculation by journalists. And quite frankly, they've often been wrong at the speed of how fast Meghan's work has moved. So, I wouldn't be surprised if something came after Remembrance Day events and before all the Christmas festivities begin. There is a decent window of time for announcements there.

I think they'll rest up first for a few days before the Remembrance events start, which they've both earned. I'm basically expecting them to disappear until Remembrance.

I was reading about the flight arriving to Sydney that has to abort the landing, I was wondering how many people are traveling with them?

I was reading about the flight arriving to Sydney that has to abort the landing, I was wondering how many people are traveling with them?

Well, all of the top line royal reporters, photographers and foreign correspondents from the UK, US and many of AUS/NZ ones too. Plus their crews (ITV and BBC alone have crews of about 5-7 each), so a likely fairly full plane!

A number of comments about the media have been deleted. Let’s please stay on-topic.

Well, all of the top line royal reporters, photographers and foreign correspondents from the UK, US and many of AUS/NZ ones too. Plus their crews (ITV and BBC alone have crews of about 5-7 each), so a likely fairly full plane!
Thisis a lot of photographers traveling with them, Incredible, how many from his team? I mean I imagine bodyguards security , secretary, a person or a few ladies taking care of her wardrobe, make up hair?

Thisis a lot of photographers traveling with them, Incredible, how many from his team? I mean I imagine bodyguards security , secretary, a person or a few ladies taking care of her wardrobe, make up hair?

I don't know how many on their security team, but 10 staff. Meghan does her own make up, and George Northwood does her hair. No one specifically dedicated to her wardrobe. The bulk of their team is communication. One Private Secretary, one Deputy Private Secretary, three communications staff, programme coordinator, orderly, private assistant, hairdresser, and a digital officer.

Last edited:
I don't know how many on their security team, but 10 staff. Meghan does her own make up, and George Northwood does her hair. No one specifically dedicated to her wardrobe. The bulk of their team is communication. One Private Secretary, one Deputy Private Secretary, three communications staff, programme coordinator, orderly, private assistant, hairdresser, and a digital officer.

Thank you! this is a lot of Staff, But I must say I understand it, she will not be doing her suitcases or taking care of the clothing ironing to look gorgeous. I prize her for doing her own make up, which by the way is superb! lol I would need somebody doing mine! it might be exhausting all this trip though a lot of fun at the same time, to meet and learn about all this cultures, trying their food and of course the royal treatment, must be a great feeling!:flowers:

Little Gavin's gold-dipped pasta necklace for Meghan has been a world-wide sensation with orders coming into him from across Australia, and from the UK and the US.

Gavin is making hundreds, and the money raised will be going to research into stillbirth - in memory of his little sister.

And the company who made Meghan's jeans are currently recruiting for another fifteen of so employees as they too have experienced an upsurge in demand.

Local TV said yesterday that Harry and Meghan aren't expected to be seen until after lunchtime - due at the basketball finals and then the Invictus Games closing ceremony.

I'm not sure what time the couple fly out to New Zealand tomorrow, but they will lose a few hours flying eastward into an earlier timezone.

And the possibility of a "babymoon" is being discussed by Oz media. Maybe the couple will stay on for a few days after finishing their tour of New Zealand, instead of heading straight back to the UK.

Last edited:
I read that jean company has had a 950 percent increase (not a typo) in sales/requests.

LaRae

I hope, if true, she finds a new stylist...but I've been saying that for months.

LaRae

We haven’t seen Jessica sense she first arrived to Australia.

Harry and Meghan having a good laugh at the mosquito song. Tears coming to Meghan’s eyes. ?

Last edited:
Jessica was there with her husband. I’m sure she and The Sussexes met up but it was private. You would never know Jessica was in Australia.

Thank you sun lion I see them discussing Gavins necklace and the jeans here. The extra staff needed in Cambodia will help disadvantaged women there greatly.
This morning ch 9 said H&M will get some rest time (babymoon) while in NZ.

It's always great to read of a worthy cause and little company that really needs a boost being given one by a Royal like Meghan.

I must say I have loved this tour so far. It's been full of interest. The couple themselves, the locations and people, the sights they've seen and the experiences they have had, just fabulous. And now the closing ceremony of the IG and then New Zealand!

The tally of the number of professional photos of the tour that have been filed so far - is 11,000.

Hope we get some coverage of Harry and Meghan when they attend the basketball this afternoon.

ABC is live broadcasting that from one o'clock until almost ten to five this afternoon.

Great edition of "Hello" this week.

Harry and Meghan covered in twenty eight pages of photos, and they are the cover.

(Eugenie's wedding also covered.)

And next week, all the colourful tropical photos.

Here's this week's cover -

https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/magazine/1556/hello-1556.jpg

The Bidens will be at Basketball finals. Team USA is playing.

Meghan has looked lovely so far, except the Oscar de la Renta for the Australian Geographic Award. It was my least favourite of all. It was too tizzy for Meghan. It swamped her and the lining tulle seemed to bunch up. Meghan moved awkwardly in it too.
However, the bird detail was apt and the two of them looked happy at the function.

Harry and Meghan seated and watching the gold medal basketball match.

(Meghan looks to be in a deep red shirt fashion followers - only a quick flash of them on the coverage so far.)

Last edited:
One thing about the staff that travels with Harry and Meghan on this tour is that we have to remember the length of this tour. I know for a fact that the RPOs that are assigned to the tour detail also can only work so many hours a day and they are required to have down time so there are enough RPOs assigned to the tour so that they can work in shifts. An exhausted RPO is likely to be a distracted and tired RPO. So its very possible that for many of the staff, there are multiples to cover everything Harry and Meghan do while being rested up and alert.

Little Gavin's necklace going viral with everyone wanting one is the proof in the pudding that the things that Harry and Meghan do, the people that they meet and the causes that they sponsor do get a message out to the people. It really is making a difference on the world stage and sometimes it happens spontaneously just by a little boy presenting a necklace. There are going to be so many positives that come out of this tour.

This couple has a lot of strength and stamina. I think if it was me, by this time in the tour I'd be longing for my own home and my own bed and no alarm clocks in sight. Glad they're going to get a bit of a breather once they get to NZ.

The game is really good so far. Although, I forgot that I really shouldn't watch the pregame part live. Reminds me why I always had to pace myself. They started telling stories, and I started tearing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom