The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It's not just that. She's having difficulty sleeping until she needs to wake up in the morning because of jet lag and the baby. They've also had quite long days for the last two days, plus the traveling in the two before then. They are relatively short flights, but it does take a toll. The engagements also expected her to be on her feet quite a bit. I'm sure she's disappointed, but this is the right decision.
I don't think anyone has expressed anything other than support for their decision.

I didn't say it was "just that". But if she's waking up early, an unplanned late start and late finish is going to be pretty devastating.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm glad to hear that Meghan is going to be taking more down time. No woman knows ahead of time just how a pregnancy is going to affect them and its a day by day adjustment as the pregnancy progresses. Right now, Meghan's health and the health of her unborn child takes priority over everything else.

With everyone already informed of the pregnancy from the beginning of the tour, the announcement that she's easing back will be taken in stride by all and understood much more if they had delayed the announcement and it was revealed as Meghan bowed out here and there.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I don't think anyone has expressed anything other than support for their decision.

I didn't say it was "just that". But if she's waking up early, an unplanned late start and late finish is going to be pretty devastating.
I wasn't suggesting you were trying to downplay her schedule and difficulty, but I think it's all connected and if it was just yesterday, she would've been ok. I was just adding to the discussion. Do we know what time the ceremony was intended to end btw? I know they started an hour later, but I thought they cut some stuff out?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Poor thing. I'm sure she's a bit disappointed, however, I think think this is a wise decision. As others have stated, she's been looking tired lately, and the punishing schedule on top of having to adjust to jet lag is not easy on anyone, much less a pregnant woman.

This is also one of the reasons that I'm glad they did the pregnancy announcement when they did.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English is reporting that Meghan is feeling fine, but they are trying pace her given the number of engagements she has coming up.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Commoner

I am happy she is getting some rest. She looked really tired during the opening ceremony. She might have to cut back on some events.

I am worried about Tonga and Fiji. There is a zika risk there. I was shocked her doctor gave the go ahead to travel there. Perhaps, she could stay in Australia and use those days to rest.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I am happy she is getting some rest. She looked really tired during the opening ceremony. She might have to cut back on some events.

I am worried about Tonga and Fiji. There is a zika risk there. I was shocked her doctor gave the go ahead to travel there. Perhaps, she could stay in Australia and use those days to rest.
She will be in Fiji. She won't accompany Harry on some engagements, but she has the UN Women events. They are probably changing her schedules now so that she'll be more rested for later part of the tour.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it is crazy to not have any full rest days
Old 10-20-2018, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I think it is crazy to not have any full rest days
Yes, pregnant or not, I think that was an error in planning.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan is a trooper with this schedule. Yesterday was the first time I really could see how exhausted she was. She looked completely drained during the reception though she tried to push though. Then the ceremony was delayed almost 2 hours. It is of no surprise she is seeking a rest day.

I always thought it was odd they didn't schedule one in for her. This schedule is harsh without being pregnant. I am sure Meghan is disappointed but her and the baby's healthy is the most important thing right now.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:00 AM
Nobility

Just an update. By the time they announced this 'rest' she was already getting back to it.

meeting up again - safe to say they are happy to see eachother

Chatting with kids from the Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation

Today's outfit is a complete repeat. The Orton bag is throwing it back pre-wedding.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
Just an update. By the time they announced this 'rest' she was already getting back to it.

meeting up again

Chatting with kids from the Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation
That picture of them walking towards each other just puts a smile on my face.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 AM
Majesty

From Channel 9 news Aus about an hour ago, a report on today's events.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/10/21/...-coverage-2018
Old 10-21-2018, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

There are conflicting reports for tomorrow. Some say she'll skip everything, but some say she'll be at the last event where there is a walkabout. The concern, from my understanding, is the uneven terrain that they'll have to travel through to get to the locations.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

My guess is that like most pregnant women how she feels changes on an hourly basis. I expect she’ll take the morning off and then they’ll see how she feels later in the day.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post

My guess is that like most pregnant women how she feels changes on an hourly basis. I expect she’ll take the morning off and then they’ll see how she feels later in the day.
TBH, I was quite worried at the thought that she'll do all those engagements after the pregnancy announcement. I realize she doesn't want to disappoint, but this is quite a stretch. All the reporting are that she wants to do everyting, but Harry is encouraging her to slow down a little.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:00 AM
Courtier

To make changes for the now pregnant Meghan makes common sense.
The schedule has been quite punishing so far. There is no need to be stupidly stoic.
Harry is popular and does a great job solo.

Harry will probably wear strong mosquito protection in Tonga.
I don't know about the Zika virus in Fiji.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:15 AM
Serene Highness

https://twitter.com/SamEBJones/statu...33415793901569

Crowds literally running to see Harry and Meg. Pretty good illustration of how well they are being received.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Here are today's galleries:

** rex gallery 1 ** rex gallery 2 **

** gettyimages/zimbio: Invictus Games Sydney 2018 - Day 2 **

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Australia - Day 6 **
Old 10-21-2018, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Good choice to have Meghan to sit out some. Exhausting pace tour even without being pregnant. 16 days without a single rest day was a lot. By reducing the events she attends she can still be on the full tour and attend key events. And still stay healthy for the baby.